How to Decide Which UI Library Suits You Best?
It’s a common practice for enterprises to tailor UI components to a particular project or product. However, any project has time and budget restrictions. Using Vue UI component libraries seems to be a natural step for reducing time, speeding up web development, and reducing technical debt.
Here are the things to look out choosing a UI library:
- Why do you need to use a UI library?
- How will you approach a mobile version of your app or website?
- What if library support is not comprehensive, and the community is not numerous?
- What are the key components of your project?
- Does accessibility matter?
- Do you need server-side rendering?
With a myriad of libraries available, choosing the one to fit in might be tough. To ease the developers’ plight and save time, our team has prepared the guidelines on top Vue component libraries for 2020. Most of the libraries mentioned in the article are based on Ant Design, Material Design, or support Vue integrations for framework-agnostic UI libraries.
Top 10 Vue Component Libraries
#1. Element UI
Element UI is a Vue toolkit for desktop and web apps. It’s one of the most commonly used Vue libraries and one of the pioneers in the ecosystem providing Typescript binding, default kits for Laravel, and general-purpose projects.
This UI library is not a go-to for building mobile apps, as it’s not that responsive on mobile WebViews. However, it has a mobile sibling, Mint UI, to tackle the issue of hybrid app development.
Element UI is easier to use and more flexible compared to other libraries. It also has comprehensive English documentation and an international chat.
#2. Vue CLI
The CLI tool enables operations with the code and system’s internals to execute the command and simplify the project’s setting-up (think of JS build step for contrast).
Alongside the Vue CLI default set, there’s a bit more to it including such web development tools as Babel, PWA, TypeScript, ESLint, and unit testing & end-to-end testing. With no ejection needed, it keeps your project up-to-date for long stretches. It’s boilerplate and scaffolding, not a drop on the replacement for the specific needs, which also means some defaults cannot be undone.
Vuetify is a semantic and function-rich Vue component library encapsulating many good and complex solutions. It helps to get a better understanding of what the Vue concept is and offers clean and reusable beautifully crafted components to perfect and streamline app development.
Vuetify’s support is tremendous as it’s being maintained by an entire team of developers and funded via Open Collective and Patreon. Unleashing a set of tools such as Webpack loader, opinionated Eslint config, and more, you can easily embed it in your app via Nuxt and Vue CLI plugins.
#4. Vue Injector
Vue Injector is a free open-source DI (dependency injection) library for Vue. Its key features comprise the implementation of dependency injection pattern which Vue lacks by default, using decorators for convenient operation, injected services construction, accessibility of Vue app from service, etc.
Vue Injector is a great tool when it comes to convenience while data transfer, building service and a service factory, event bus implementation, and beefing up the app’s efficiency, performance, and flexibility.
#5. Mint UI
Mint UI offers a variety of JS and CSS components for creating mobile apps with iOS-like style and web pages in the same style. Since Vue.js follows an efficient component-based approach, Mint UI is a lightweight library based on the JS compiler.
With the help of CSS3 animation handling, Mint UI minimizes reflow and repaint in the app pages. Hence, there’s a better user experience and smooth interaction even on mobile devices.
#6. Keen UI
Inspired by Material Design, Keen UI is a Vue UI library perfect for introducing interactive features to your ready-made app. However, since it’s not a CSS framework, it doesn’t have typography styles, a grid system, etc. Before using this library, make sure that CSS resets are applied to your website (most CSS frameworks already include it).
Keen UI goes with an intuitively comprehensible API, such features as form inputs and reacting to use them, and more.
Quasar is a universal open-source framework. It can use one source code for building both mobile (iOS & Android), desktop, and web applications. If you’re seeking to reduce the time spent on coding and get the best of app performance, Quasar is inch-perfect.
Quasar strives to support the popular technologies out-of-the-box and delivers a state-of-the-art UI following Material Guidelines. This library is extendable (JS), easily customizable (CSS), has TypeScript support, well-maintained with regular updates, and handles the entire development experience, including app splash screens and icons.
IView is a high-quality UI components library built on Vue.js 2.0. It has friendly and flexible APIs, rich functions, uses .vue file development mode, and is built on npm, webpack, and babel.
IView might be a trustworthy alternative to Element UI as it provides an extensive range of components and some tools to make working with them a breeze, supports Typescript, and the official admin panel template. In case you opt for SASS rather than LESS, iView is your match.
#9. Vue Router
Vue.js has many features to create reusable web components. Routing is one of them. As the official router library for Vue, Vue Router helps to build SPAs up and running with different routes via the integration with Vue core. The SPAs are in common need now, so you can use Vue Router if you need to sync URLs to views.
Its key features include view transition effects based on Vue’s transition system, nested route/view mapping, route params, wildcards, query, thorough navigation control, and so much more.
#10. Bootstrap Vue
With automated WAI-ARIA accessibility markup, BootstrapVue offers one of the most comprehensive implementations of Bootstrap v4 for Vue 2.6+. It entails over 45 plugins and 85 components, various directives, and over 1000 icons.
What’s more, BootstrapVue is the community’s most frequent recommendation. As you can see from the picture above, its downloads hit 310K per week, which is the highest rate among all other Vue UI libraries. Using BootstrapVue, you don’t have to struggle to mix jQuery and Vue as all its components were written with Vue.
Every component library exists to enhance the capacities of Vue, provide a unique way of handling the issue, boost the app’s functionality and ensure high performance, be budget-friendly, and, overall, make the app development seamless, fast, and bugs-free.
Summing up all the ideas and users’ feedback, Vuetify, Quasar, and BootstrapVue win in the nomination ‘Users choice’. Element UI and iView are extensive and desktop-oriented. Vue Router and Vue Injector are the most easy-get-into libraries, encapsulating unique features.
The post Top 10 Vue Component Libraries for 2020 appeared first on Software Development | Programming Tutorials.
Read More Articles
- [Simple Way]-Cascading DropDownList in Asp.Net Mvc Using Jquery Ajax
- jQuery Ajax GET Example with Parameters
- How to Pass Parameters in AJAX POST?| JQuery Ajax Post Json Example
- [Simple Way]-How to get data from database using JQuery Ajax in asp net MVC
- How to add, edit and delete rows of an HTML table with Jquery?
- Registration form with image upload in MVC using jquery Ajax
- How to make an Inline editable table in MVC using jquery?
- Insert Update Delete Using Jquery Ajax and Modal Popup in Mvc
- [Solved]-How to Upload pdf file using jquery MVC?
- Dynamically creating graphs with jQuery
- How can I change a checkbox for a radio button using jQuery?
- Extract Json response
- jQuery AJAX call - how to keep comments
- Using jquery UI range Slider, getting the value
- php/jquery comparing content fails not working correctly
- jQuery objects of the same element are not equal?
- Transform ALL CAPS to Proper Case using CSS and jQuery
- jquery tooltip to display validator messages
- jquery FadeIn one element after FadeOut the previous div?
- JQuery- clear field on lost focus unless the field was populated from dropdown
- What is the difference between jQuery, Prototype, Extjs, mootools, Scriptaculous, Spry, YUI, DOJO framework?
- AJAX origin null is not allowed by access-control-allow-origin
- How can I track HTML5 browser features (modernizr) using Google Analytics?
- jQuery UI Sortable -- Div is not draggable when the page is scrollable
- jQuery click() not working in Google Chrome extension
- Jquery Find element with specific data attribute
- jQuery - If left <= 0, set css to X amount
- Passing ampersand to ajax with jquery?
- setTimeout(f,0) equivalent? why does it solve cross-browser issues?
- onClick function of an input type="button" not working
- Jquery element hover still work even if i remove the class name
- What is the difference between using jQuery and it's alias ($)?
- Check if any ancestor has a class using jQuery
- Disable telephone anchor
- jQuery Scroll To Section of Page
- JQuery UI encoding nightmare
- A simple jQuery form validation script
- Get image src with jQuery
- How to upload string as file with jQuery or other js framework
- JQuery end $.each() loop inside of $.click
- JQuery-Mobile collapsible slideDown effect
- JQuery: How to display an array of paragraph tags one by one on each click?
- jsPlumb how to remove duplicate connections
- Custom pagination swiper.js
- 55KB of JQUERY is too big for my application
- Horizontal centering of a div without knowing the div width, possible?
- Displaying JSON array through ajax (jquery)
- How to load calendar events from static JSON file using fullcalendar.js
- Preventing "too much recursion" error in jQuery
- jquery value doesn't match format
- How can I automatically tab to the next field using jQuery?
- Backbone.js Uncaught TypeError
- jquery ui sortable: can't type in input fields with cancel method
- Differences with cookies between getJSON and ajax when doing CORS
- Make multiple html5-video start on click for iOS5
- Form Builder with JQuery Validation
- Using one button to enable and stop a function rather than two buttons
- jquery simple menu roll-over (without animation queue)
- JQuery not working - rails
- Select2 set selected value new method
- Can't directly have [audio].play() as a jQuery callback
- Draggables Jquery UI, disable individual div on droppable
- How to highlight a button in html page when i click on it?
- Jquery: Adding a class to even an odd List-Elements
- how to find a certain row index in table using jquery
- jquery: how to loop a div
- simple test in Jquery isn't working. green square doesn't show
- how to validate for money in jquery
- How to prevent an element from losing focus?
- Save html5 canvas as image in server
- jQuery count div that has a display:none attribute
- Opening a second fancybox Within another fancybox!
- How to create options of a select element dynamically using jquery?
- How to use custom keyboard shortcuts within CKeditor with jQuery?
- 'Uncaught Error: DATA_CLONE_ERR: DOM Exception 25' thrown by web worker
- How to localize a simple HTML website page in my case?
- How to wrap CKEditor contents in a div?
- Uncaught TypeError: $template.get is not a function
- How to set the focus of the inputText inside dataTable
- jQuery each() and "on success"?
- Preventing multiple clicks till record is deleted
- In my case, How to highlight table row when mouseover?
- How to get absolute coordinates of document with JS?
- CRM WebApi batch request
- Why do Multiple Calls to jQuery UI Position Result in Different Placement?
- updating ng-view without updating url
- Select a child with a given class
- Extract all email addresses from bulk text using jquery
- Get actual width and height of a component
- Jquery ('#iframeid').load() is executed before Iframe CONTENT (text, images) are loaded
- Get data attribute of Datalist
- Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'call' of undefined jquery validate
- Hide div and show another divs
- how to call 'this' outside my objects scope?
- How can I implement html input form without backend
- Internet Explorer line 1 char 1 code 0 error
- Migrating jQuery from 1.4 to 3.0
- How do I update list after delete row by jquery ajax in asp.net mvc?
- Implement BotDetect With Angular js
- jQuery Typeahead - Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined
- Normalising/Validating user's 'City' input during registration
- Wierd firefox issue in title jqGrid
- What would you go for a back-end web application: Flex, GWT, JQuery?
- TinyMCE outer wrap selected elements
- JQuery-Mobile swipe doesn't work when you start on an anchor tag
- Checking for http authorization in mvc before ajax form post
- Why is jquery Mega Menu showing up behind my images in IE7 and 9?
- Pass multiple values to jQuery
- dynamically switching 'background-image' doesn't work in IE
- Get Closest Form to an Element in jQuery
- getting all the checked checkboxes in a form
- Load external js file in another js file
- Detect image load
- Trigger anime.js animation when element enters viewport
- Prevent jQuery on fire multiple times
- Get data from ajax to mvc action
- Jquery: Set a timeout of a page for loading
- change the content of div with another div- jquery
- How to toggle element visibility without jQuery?
- jQuery: Convert string with comma separated values to specific JSON format
- The request was rejected because no multipart boundary was found
- force download base64 image
- Avoid another asynchronous server call jqGrid
- return JSON message from struts2 action
- Increase width of filter search on FooTable Plugin
- Asp.Net ScriptManager causing issues with jQuery Widget
- Switching video source on iPad with jQuery
- Remove div and its content from html string
- How can I select an element's parent row in a table?
- Sending form without refreshing
- Create a recurring event on FullCalendar plugin
- Is it possible to retrieve data from SQL Server using jQuery?
- Search for multiple values in single column of dataTable (possibly use array?)
- product loading error in JQuery
- JQuery - Scroll and anchor to bottom of ajax-driven div unless user scrolls up
- alternative to fadeToggle() in JQuery
- AJAX call not sending
- Return a view via ajax in laravel
- Spring MVC with Thymeleaf + Bootstrap using webjars
- How to get the parent LI index and the sub LI index
- jQuery Unslide - Touch doesn't work
- possible to replace window.location.hash?
- Setting cookie to an iframe src
- Slick carousel - Want center slider bigger than others
- I'm getting 404 errors with Fancybox images
- Jquery drag and drop not working properly in Chrome Browser when code placed in Joomla Article
- How to reliably send a request cross domain and cross browser on page unload
- JQuery add additional data to new Option
- IE browser caching and the jQuery Form Plugin
- How to make the gird groupable false/true dynamically in JS?
- Adjust TD height depending on textarea rows
- Dynamically add inputs in a form ( can't get values in PHP )
- How would I round minutes to the nearest 5 minute mark in momentjs?