In this article, we will learn how to perform the How can you extract a nested JSON value in VBA Excel using VBA-Json Parse Nested Json package.
In this article, I will explain to you a step-by-step for performing Parsing complex JSON Data using VBA JSON in Excel VBA.
You can download the source code at the bottom of the post
Recently I’m working on a Excel VBA project in which I need to call the rest and parse the json response. I google this question and but can’t find any good article which covers this topic with complex json response. so that I decided to write an article on Parsing Nested Arrays using VBA and JSON.
VBA Excel doesn’t have a built JSON parser for us , that’s why are going to use VBA-tools JSON parser package to parse the JSON that we receive after making a rest api calll.
Go to the GitHub link : https://github.com/VBA-tools/VBA-JSON
and download code.
And open your Excel sheet and go to the developer tool and visual basic and then import the JSON converter that we download from Github.
Go to File and click on Import file and naviate to the folder that and select the JsonConverter.bas And click on Open.
So now go back to the visual basic IDE and click on Tools and select references and Microsoft scripting runtime references in our project.
So let write code for parsing json.
Simple Json Parsing Example
1. Parsing Nested Arrays using VBA and JSON
Our goal is to get the music_events, users details into table and the event_sites data into a separate table.
VBA Code for parsing above json
2. Parsing complex JSON Data using VBA JSON
There may be any number of ‘data’ records, as well as any number of ‘tasks’ within each “data” including zero.
we want a row in the spreadsheet for each activity, with the task name and other data outputted next to that day’s task.
VBA Code for that
Some information Regarding VBA
Excel VBA is the programming language of Microsoft Excel like for Microsoft Office projects like Word and PowerPoint.
VBA is the truncation for Visual Basic for Applications. It is an occasion driven programming language from Microsoft. Which is currently fundamentally utilized with Microsoft Office applications like MS-Excel, MS-Word and MS-Access. It helps in the making of tweaked applications and their answers, which improve the abilities of those applications. The benefit of this component is that we don’t have to introduce Visual Basic on our PC yet introducing Office assists us with accomplishing our target.
We can utilize VBA in all renditions of Office from MS Office 97 to MS Office 2013. You can likewise explore different avenues regarding other present day forms of Office that are accessible with them. Dominate VBA is the most famous of all VBA and the benefit of utilizing VBA is that we can assemble an amazing asset utilizing Linear Programming.
Visual Basic is a programming language that accompanies a coordinated advancement climate. Planned by Microsoft, the Visual Basic download makes coding a basic and pleasant experience. Reasonable for all clients, including fledglings and specialists, this language is object-driven and gives you admittance to sentence structure developments and an information base of components. You can fabricate a scope of Windows applications and front-end frameworks.
What is Windows Visual Basic?
Visual Basic is an article driven improvement climate and PC programming language made by Microsoft. The framework gives a graphical UI that permits them to alter the code by relocating components, permitting clients to change the appearance and conduct of the application. The article arranged language depends on BASIC and is considered appropriate for amateurs to code.
Microsoft expected to improve on the language and backing quicker coding. That is the reason it is known as RAD or Rapid Application Development System. With its assistance, coders can model applications prior to thinking of them in a more effective however troublesome dialect. What’s more, Virtual Basic likewise gives punctuation that is more clear and data set associated.
Read More Articles
- How to parse JSON with VBA without external libraries?
- JSON VBA Parse to Excel
- Parse JSON with VBA (Access 2010)
- Quickest Way to open an excel file with VBA
- Excel VBA throws overflow error with a simple division
- Simple way to refresh power pivot from VBA in Excel 2010?
- Excel VBA Arrays: Is there a simple way to delete a dataset by the index?
- Parse simple two dimensional JSON array in VBA without external libraries
- Is there a way to crack the password on an Excel VBA Project?
- Error in finding last used cell in Excel with VBA
- Parsing JSON in Excel VBA
- Open Excel file for reading with VBA without display
- Detect merged cells in VBA Excel with MergeArea
- How to insert a picture into Excel at a specified cell position with VBA
- Hiding an Excel worksheet with VBA
- Performing SQL queries on an Excel Table within a Workbook with VBA Macro
- excel vba call subroutine with variables
- Check if a value is in an array or not with Excel VBA
- Excel VBA calling sub from another sub with multiple inputs, outputs of different sizes
- Get the content of a sharepoint folder with Excel VBA
- Renaming Files with Excel VBA
- Ping IP Address with VBA code and return results in Excel
- simple vba code gives me run time error 91 object variable or with block not set
- Language independent way to get "My Documents" folder in VBA Excel 2003
- VBA Excel simple Error Handling
- How to add events to Controls created at runtime in Excel with VBA
- VBA for Excel throws "Object variable or with block variable not set" when there is no Object
- Rename Excel Sheet with VBA Macro
- Saving an Excel sheet in a current directory with VBA
- Export sql query results to excel using vba with headers
- How to download a file from SharePoint with VBA?
- Append variable ranges to array vba
- Lookup Partial String To Return Data From Corresponding Columns and Rows (VBA)
- VBA Running when Excel closed
- Need an Excel VBA macro to divide a cell into multiple cells depending on a specific character
- ActiveSheet vs. WorkSheet
- Run an Excel macro from an Outlook macro?
- Processing a Byte Order Mark
- Excel: Check Sheet Dependencies within a Workbook?
- 2-DRange -> Array -> 2D-Range with UDF Excel 2007 VBA
- How to create a binary sequence using vba?
- ReplaceLine method in VBE only replacing part of line
- Replace contents across non-contiguous cells across multiple worksheets - Error 1004
- In Excel, can I use a hyperlink to run vba macro?
- How can you tell programmatically if a Word Macro is signed from VB.Net/C#
- How do I trigger a macro to run after a new mail is received in Outlook?
- Keep everything inbetween quotations in an Excel file
- Run multiple SQL queries (Oracle) using VBA - why so slow?
- VBA Reptitive MDX query to Analysis Services
- How to save excel file faster with VBA