Are you looking for a sample dummy rest JSON API for testing in postman with dummy data to test while implementing or developing a mobile app or Web Application? then you have come to the right place, we have a list of free API for developers, testers.
we have a list of dummy rest API with authentication for practice and demo purposes you can use it.
Api Base Url- http://restapi.adequateshop.com
- /api/users/7075 (Get user by Id)
- /api/users (Create User object POST API)
- /api/users/7075 (Update User Object PUT API)
- /api/users/7075 DELETE user by Id
User Registration API
Below is the Request/Response of the sample user registration API. we have also attached the screenshot of the Request/Response of the postman.
You need to pass the three parameters in the request body i.e name, email, and password. After Successful registration, In response you will able to get user detail including auth token. you can use the token for calling secure API.
We using we are using the bearer token authentication method for validating the API Request.
if you are looking sample rest api url for testing without authentication then please follow below link
User Registration API-
If email already in use then API Response
User Login API-
You need to pass the two parameters in the request body i.e name and password. After Successful User Login, In Api response you will able to get user detail including auth token. you will use this token for calling secure API.
If email or password is wrong then API Response
Calling Rest Api with Authentication
As we mention the bearer token authentication method for validating the API Request. So you need to set the Authorization header for calling the secure API otherwise you will get the 401 authentication error.
Get All Users
This API returns all users in the organization
Get user by Id
GET: /api/users/7075 It will return user with id=2 in the database
Create User object API-
You need to pass the three parameters in the request body i.e name, email, and location. In response, you will able to get the user detail.
Update User Object API-
This endpoint is used to update the user object, the You just to pass the user object in the request body. and In response, you will able to get the user detail.
DELETE user by Id
This API end point delete the user object in the database
If you have any query please comment.
Some Basic Concept of Api
We all have heard about the API, but there will be many of us who will not know about the API. If you are interested in learning about computer programming language or software development, then you must know about API.
API is a software code that helps to communicate different software programs. As we get to know a lot more about it by its name, the Application Programming Interface means that the system programming the application, overall the API is a system through which our Application communicate.
So today I thought that I will give you detailed information about the API so that you do not face any problem regarding the API. So without delay let’s know what is API and what are its benefits.
if we run an application on our phone or computer, then when the application connects to the Internet Or, then it sends data to a server. The server receives that data acts on it, do whatever work you want, and then sends that data back to your phone or your computer.
All this work is done through an API. That task of any application without API is difficult.
Let us understand through a simple example.
Suppose you have gone to a restaurant to eat food, then you will have a menu from which you can choose what to eat. Now if you order a pizza, a waiter will come, he will go to the kitchen and the person who is working in the kitchen will make pizza, then that waiter will come to you and give you pizza.
In this example, the waiter is working is between us and the kitchen people. In this case, The pizza is an application that we start and then the waiter is the API that takes our data to a server, and then when the data we want is ready, then take it to us. Comes back on our phone or computer.
In computer language, API is a way through which he can provide him a medium while developing App through which he can operate easily and give a good experience to the user.
In simple language, it is a communication medium between many software systems. A good API facilitates the application’s communication medium with its speed. That is, it works more quickly, for example, you can see that some applications have good speed and some do not.
API has many types, all types perform different tasks according to individual. Different companies work on their API as per their requirement. Today I will tell you about different types of APIs.it varies depending on a different method, we are showing you the types of APIs depending on the procedure.
To complete the special work of this app, the handler of the software i.e. the one who is handling it, goes to the server.
It is mainly provided with a common interface to open a file to the function from its function, then we can do any work through that open fail. Procedural APIs are handled entirely by RPC Implementations.
This API is a way to do the difficult tasks in System objects and to make them accessible to the server, it can carry the maximum load.
This API system is faster and more powerful than many other API systems. It also works in the public like many sites and software hits that everyone does, such as the low-grade Search Engines.
3. Service Oriented:
This API where many of the protocols are responsible for making the services and functions that we do through our application, to make them accessible to the server, ie the activities that we do to them Returns the result. This is usually in the merchant department i.e. Shopping, Discount Apps, and Sites. Like Amazon.
By the name of this API, it is known what its name is. As we know that resource means ‘resource’. It also works like this.
When we run software or application, when that API collects our data, it takes it directly to the server. This API uses big companies who want to be completely secure. Expensive web hostings also use this API.
As we know that technology is changing the world, in this way technology like API is also changing, so if the API has to stay in this world for a long time, then its builders will have to make changes according to it. so that it will become even better and people will start using it more.
Since APIs are able to save their time and money to a large extent, I feel that the future of the API is very bright, but its creators will have to constantly change it according to the time and need, otherwise, the day is not far when New technology will take its place.
I sincerely hope that I have given you complete information about what the API is and I hope you all have understood about the Application Programming Interface.
The post Sample Rest Api Url For Testing With Authentication appeared first on Software Development | Programming Tutorials.
Read More Articles
- Write a value which contain comma to a CSV file in c#?
- Reading CSV File with cells containing commas c#
- Split CSV with columns may contain ‘,’ Comma C#
- [Simple Way]-Cascading DropDownList in Asp.Net Mvc Using Jquery Ajax
- [Simple Way]-How to get data from database using JQuery Ajax in asp net MVC
- [Simple Way]-ASP.NET Core Upload Multiple File Web API model
- [Simple Way]- Image Upload in .NET Core Web API
- [Easy Way]-Receive File and other form data together in ASP.NET Core Web API
- Replace image in word document using C#
- How to add new rows to an existing word document table in C#
- Simple Way Find and replace text in Word document using C#
- Implementing “Remember Me” Feature in ASP.NET MVC
- [Solved]-Cookie loses value when page is changed in MVC
- How to post File Upload and other form fields to one action Asp .Net MVC C#
- How To Post File and Data to API using HttpClient C#
- Create ASP.NET Core Web API Without Entity Framework
- .NET Core Web API Using Code First Entity Framework Approach
- Create Asp.Net Core Web Api Using Entity Framework Database First
- Registration form with image upload in MVC using jquery Ajax
- How to make an Inline editable table in MVC using jquery?
- CRUD operation using partial view in MVC with modal popup
- Insert Update Delete Using Jquery Ajax and Modal Popup in Mvc
- Crud Operations in MVC Without Entity Framework
- Create Login,Signout and Registration in Asp .Net Mvc Using Entity
- Export Gridview to Excel and Csv in Asp .Net With Formatting Using c#
- How to Display Binary Image in Gridview from Database in Asp .Net c#
- [Solved]-How to Upload pdf file using jquery MVC?
- [Solved]-Uploading both data and files in FormData using Ajax MVC
- C# -Saving a base64 string as an image into a folder on server in Web Api
- [Solved]-Download pdf file from link and save in local file folder in Asp .Net
- [Solved]-Delete Files older than X Months,Days,Minute in a Directory- C# .NET
- [Solved]-LEFT OUTER JOIN in LINQ With Where clause in C#
- INNER JOIN,RIGHT JOIN,LEFT JOIN USING LINQ IN Multiple Table C#
- [Solved]-Convert Base64 To Image And Save in folder and Display it- C#
- [Solved]-How to Overlay Two Images in .NET-C#
- How to Create Multilingual Website in Asp .Net
- C# – How to add double quotes to a string that is inside a variable
- Update an Image with Upload Button For Each Row in Gridview-Asp .Net
- How to Bind Data in DataList Control in Asp.Net – C#
- Upload and Display an Image in Gridview From Image Path in Database -C#