A CRT monitor can consume about 50 to 110 watts. Technically Computer Monitor is called a visual display unit. It is an output device that shows all the CPU information in monitor Screen. This is like an interface between the CPU and the user.
A cable is connected with the video adapter or with the video card that is set up with the motherboard of the computer.
you can use the below energy calculator to find out the energy consumption.
Select Country: Please choose the Country from the list. If your country is not listed then you can choose another country option from the list.
Power Use: Enter average energy consumption by your CRT monitor.
Hours Used Per Day: Please enter how many hours the CRT monitor is used per day, if the energy consumption is smaller than 1 hour per day then please enter as a decimal(For example-15 m per day is 0.25)
Cost (kWh): Please Enter the Approx price you are paying per kilowatt-hour(kWh).
How much electricity does a CRT monitor use?
Let assume that your clothes CRT monitor 5 hours a day, Average power consumption of the CRT monitor between 50 to 110 watts. Let’s take an example and say your model uses 70 watts.
70 watts X 5 hours = 350 watt-hours per day
How many kilowatts does a CRT monitor use?
350 watt-hours per day / 1000 = .35 kWh per day
How much does it cost to run a CRT monitor every day?
.35 kWh per day x 0.10 per kWh = $ .035 per day
How much does it cost to run a CRT monitor?
.35 kWh per day X 30 days = 10.5 kWh per month
10.5 kWh per month x 0.10 per kWh = $ 1.05 per month
@assuming per unit cost 1o cent
What is Crt Monitor?
Monitors very similar look as televisions. In both of these, the main difference between them is that
the monitor doesn’t have a television tuner to change the channels.
The word is made up of two words Mono i.e. single and chrome i.e. color so it is called a single color display and it displays the monitor output as Black & White.
This monitor is similar to monochrome but it shows any display in gray shades (grey Shades) this type of monitors is mostly used in handy computers such as the Laptop.
Colorful monitor (color monitors)
This monitor displays output as an adjustment of RGB (Red-Green-Blue), this type of monitor is capable of displaying Graphics in high resolutions (resolution).
The CRT monitors use a cathode ray tube to display images. A vacuum tube, heaters, electron guns, deflection circuits, and a glass screen are used to construct this cathode-ray tube.
The CRT monitor is bulky and also consumes a lot of energy.CRT Monitor Consume more Power then modern display technologies such as LCD/LED TV/Display.
we suggest, upgrade your CRT Monitor to an LED/LCD display if you want to reduce Power consumption or electricity bill.
- household devices energy consumption
- electricity bill calculator of household
- tv/lcd/led power consumption
- ceiling fan power consumption
- washing machine power consumption
- electric iron power consumption
- clothes dryer power consumption
- crt monitor electricity consumption
- xbox power consumption
- electric kettle power consumption
- dishwasher power consumption
- microwave oven power consumption
- air conditioner power consumption
- water heater power consumption
- space heater power consumption
The post CRT Monitor Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of CRT appeared first on Software Development | Programming Tutorials.
Read More Articles
- TV Power Consumption
- Microwave Oven Power Consumption | Average Microwave Power Use Per Day
- Dishwasher Power Consumption | How Much Does a Dishwasher Cost To Run Per Hour
- Electric Kettle Power Consumption
- Air Conditioner Power Consumption Chart | AC Electric Bill Calculator
- Water Heater Power Consumption | Heater Energy Usage
- Space Heaters Power Consumption
- Ceiling Fan Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of Fan
- Washing Machine Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of Washing Machine
- Electric Iron Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of Iron