After update to
Xcode 7.3, there are bunch of warnings showing in my project.
'++' is deprecated: it will be removed in Swift 3
Any idea to fix this warning ? Any reasons why the
--will be deprecated in the future ?
Since Swift 2.2, you should use
+= 1 or
-= 1 instead.
And after looking up Swift's evolution, there are some reasons for removing these operators:
These operators increase the burden to learn Swift as a first programming language - or any other case where you don't already know these operators from a different language.
Their expressive advantage is minimal - x++ is not much shorter than x += 1.
Swift already deviates from C in that the =, += and other assignment-like operations returns Void (for a number of reasons). These operators are inconsistent with that model.
Swift has powerful features that eliminate many of the common reasons you'd use ++i in a C-style for loop in other languages, so these are relatively infrequently used in well-written Swift code. These features include the for-in loop, ranges, enumerate, map, etc.
Code that actually uses the result value of these operators is often confusing and subtle to a reader/maintainer of code. They encourage "overly tricky" code which may be cute, but difficult to understand.
While Swift has well defined order of evaluation, any code that depended on it (like foo(++a, a++)) would be undesirable even if it was well-defined.
These operators are applicable to relatively few types: integer and floating point scalars, and iterator-like concepts. They do not apply to complex numbers, matrices, etc.
Finally, these fail the metric of "if we didn't already have these, would we add them to Swift 3?"
Please check out Swift evolution for more info.
Credit To: stackoverflow.com
- 'var' parameters are deprecated and will be removed in Swift 3
- #warning: C-style for statement is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Swift
- ++ is deprecated it will be removed in swift 3
- 'var' parameters are deprecated and will be removed in Swift 3 UIimage Gif
- __FILE__ is deprecated and will be removed in swift 3
- C-style for statement is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Swift
- 'init(start:end:)' is deprecated: it will be removed in Swift 3. Use the '..<' operator
- '++' is deprecated: it will be removed in Swift 3
- 'init()' is deprecated: init() will be removed in Swift 3. Use `nil`
- Warning frame for "Navigation bar" will be different at run time appears in Xcode 8 Swift 3
- ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage -- Apple will stop accepting submissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs
- .toInt() removed in Swift 2?
- Decrement index in a loop after Swift C-style loops deprecated
- 'NSKeyedUnarchiveFromData' should not be used to for un-archiving and will be removed in a future release
- toUIntMax() and toIntMax() removed from Swift 4
- Space characters being removed from end of String - UILabel Swift
- Swift 4.2 Setter Getter, All paths through this function will call itself
- Swift 1.2 (Xcode 6.3) removed xor '^' operator for Bool value?
- Format string with trailing zeros removed for x decimal places in Swift
- Using @unknown default in swift 5 enum : How to suppress "Default will never be executed" warning?
- Is there an alternative to initialize() in macOS now that Swift has deprecated it?
- Xcode Source Kit will not stop crashing with Swift
- Swift 4: 'substring(to:)' is deprecated
- Convincing Swift that a function will never return, due to a thrown Exception
- ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage — Apple will stop accepting submissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs When upload myApp
- Will marking swift extension public change the property in the extension to be implicitly public or internal?
- How to log a custom Event in Facebook Analytics SDK 2020 for swift Documentation is deprecated
- Will Xcode compile more Swift files in parallel if you have more cpu cores?
- Will struct in Swift cause memory issue if passed around a lot?
- Base64 encoding in Swift will not decode in Android
More questions with similar tag
- How to prevent users from entering '#' and empty space(' ') in UITextfield - swift?
- Separating multiple if conditions with commas in Swift
- Swift:Class cannot be declared public because its Super class is internal
- app crashes when trying to change Message color of UIAlertController,swift
- Computed property in struct associated enum
- I can't import my swift package into a project
- Using CocoaPods and Obj-C Bridging Headers
- Pass @ObservedObject as protocol to nested view
- .joined(separator:) in Swift 4/XCode 9?
- Add index to CoreData many to many relation
- Transition not happening when data in model is being removed and added in swiftUi
- Creating Initializers for SKSpriteNode Subclass
- Random files on AWS S3 d_uf
- Swift: Set UIView as the background of UIBarButton/UIButton
- how to stop text overlapping in textfield