we can also write a common logic so that it calculate difference in
milliseconds ,days,hours and minutes.
<script> var todaydate = new Date(); //adding one to the current year var nextyear = todaydate.getFullYear() + 1; //create date object for future date var futuredate = new Date(nextyear + "-01-01");//which is next year newyear date //subtracting both date var milliseconds = (futuredate - todaydate); // milliseconds between now & future date which new year date var days = Math.floor(milliseconds / 86400000); // days var hours = Math.floor((milliseconds % 86400000) / 3600000); // hours var minutes = Math.round(((milliseconds % 86400000) % 3600000) / 60000); // minutes document.write("<br>" + days + " days " + hours + " hours " + minutes +" minutes until newyear"); </script>
Let’s take a real-time time example, let’s say I want to calculate my age in days, hours, and minutes.
then how we can achieve that task? please see below the code.
Nowadays, their public date and time are shown in the articles of all the famous websites because technology is changing very fast.
That’s why it is necessary to do this and it is also useful, this is an era of change, in this, the incidents are happening fast, millions of articles are published on the internet in a day, so you have to manage these articles and show them at the right time. It is necessary to know the time and date
The date and time tell the user whether the information is old or not, for example, an article written 5 years ago from today is not necessarily useful in the present time, so it is important for you.
That the date and time should be shown to the user so that the user can decide whether the given information is useful for him or not.
By using these properties and methods, you can perform date and time-related operations on the webpage.
There may be many other situations in which you can use date object, such as if you want to store information about the complete activity of the user, then you can do it through date object, user login time, logout time. If the user has made an update, then you can also store that time through the date object.
The date object has to be constructed, you cannot use it directly, so a date object is created by the new keyword, you can create the date object in 4 ways.
In the first method, you create a normal date object and do not pass any value in it, whose general syntax is being given to you below.
var objectName=new Date();
In the above syntax, a normal object will be created, will show the day, date, time, and standard time zone.
In a second way, while creating the date object, you can pass milliseconds while creating the object.
var objectName=new date(milliseconds);
In a third way, while creating the date object, you can pass it as a date and time string, by doing this, the date object will show the same date and time, whose general syntax is being given below.
var objectName=new Date("date/month/year hour:minute:seconds”);
In a fourth way, while creating the date object, you can pass date object by separating the year, month, day, hours, minutes, second, milliseconds from the comma respectively, whose syntax is being given below.
var objectName=new date(year,month,day,hours,minutes,seconds,millisecond);
constructor – this property returns the function by which the date object has been created
prototype – By this property you add your custom properties and method to the object
Below are some built in methods available with the date object.
This method returns the current day between 1 to 31, you call it with the date object, whose example is being given below.
This method returns the current day from 0 to 6 for example if today is Thursday then this method will return 4 whose example is being given below.
This method returns you the year, if the date object is initialized with a string date, then this object will return the same year, otherwise the current year will be shown, example is given to you below.
Read More Articles
- [Simple Way]-Cascading DropDownList in Asp.Net Mvc Using Jquery Ajax
- jQuery Ajax GET Example with Parameters
- How to Pass Parameters in AJAX POST?| JQuery Ajax Post Json Example
- [Simple Way]-How to get data from database using JQuery Ajax in asp net MVC
- How to add, edit and delete rows of an HTML table with Jquery?
- Registration form with image upload in MVC using jquery Ajax
- How to make an Inline editable table in MVC using jquery?
- Insert Update Delete Using Jquery Ajax and Modal Popup in Mvc
- [Solved]-How to Upload pdf file using jquery MVC?
- Dynamically creating graphs with jQuery
- Full width div below list row visible on click
- owl.carousel help - Not showing enything
- jquery mobile pageshow function firing twice
- jQuery validation (through '.attr('required', true)') - how to display alert popup if the field is empty?
- slick slide slider counter issue
- Dropdown selector not pulling information from an array
- Bootstrap datetimepicker initial value
- Typeahead bootstrap pass parameter to model as null
- How to get WorkItem in tfs plugin (js)
- Does jQuery UI work with both branches of jQuery? 1.0 and 2.0?
- Why localization changes only after clicking the date or any other button?
- EventListeners, onreadystatechange, or jQuery for AJAX calls?
- Using jQuery to Populate Data from More Than One Select Control
- Android set label color based on button click
- jquery tooltip on ModalPopupExtender incorrect position
- Select multiple not working in jquery mobile's listview
- Scroll to bottom not working
- .replace() is not working like it should
- Handlebars not rendering?
- jquery addClass and removeClass on Click
- CSS and active state nav elements
- open a bootstrap modal on form submission
- Defer iframe loading so no broswer loading indication is shown
- Page redirect when submitting a form
- How to cancel jquery execution upon action
- Jquery datatable Ajax pagination
- Can't get jquery plug-in to work with simple html test
- Link tag not working and has extra border on it in a popup dialog
- Jquery mouseover and mouseleave
- Set width as percentage but render divs evenly
- Saving previous AJAX response
- How can i add an event to jQuery
- jQuery AJAX form goes to PHP file doesn't Redirect
- Execute Checkbox action once checked
- Get feedback from query to webpage
- Jquery Data table alphabetical filter
- jQuery AJAX request returns object
- How to close a modal when modal is 3rd party iFrame
- Fullpage.js Scroll Overflow not working when horizontal slider added
- ajax complete callback function is never called
- how to pass dynamically created options in multi select box to MVC controller
- Random background change upon refresh
- How we can use XMLHttpRequest function handler in case of wrong resource request?
- Determing whether client device is mobiile or pc
- jQuery detect if dropdown is expanded
- Get height of tab content on click?
- Echo value in query from a wordpress database
- Backbone.js router backward/forward not working
- jquery ajax request not working on remote server
- How to handle smooth navigation using angular ui-router
- Re-execute a function to return different random number
- Issues in onload function in jquery
- Returning Text Nodes
- jquery stops working when I add some new code
- How to get the eventClick data to look the way I what it to
- Auto adjust the height for full width image filter
- jQuery with multi datepicker
- Django jquery ajax
- how to replace these tag pasted into htmleditor from word
- xpath works in selenium recording, but does not run in Eclipse
- Multi level dynamic list jQuery
- How to attach a DOM object to a div (propertyeditor)
- Upload file using MVC Razor from Ajax - Beginner logic issue
- jQuery asynchronous issue undefined value
- Multiple calls to Ajax instead of once
- ASP.NET – jQuery is not Working after Postback
- Go to div + change tab
- How to use detect.js from Darcy Clarke to detect OS Version and Browser Version?
- Submit form with ajax in wordpress
- Make div sit underneath another with relation
- Connecting JSON to a Datatable
- Fake position Fixed inside a Div but relative to window top, while scrolling
- Second ajax function not firing when called
- How to make UserControls in HTML pages?
- Data-binding input[radio] that has button template (switch) AngularJS
- ko.toJSON did not convert JS object into JSON string
- attaching click event to childnode doesnt work but directly to the ID does work?
- toggleClass unexpected behavior on iphone
- php show alert before excuting the code
- BackboneJS, RequireJS - Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
- JQuery datapicker convert between formats
- JSQuery.load Highchart
- In my code for validation i used jquery , in my form if any filed is missing mean it have raise error
- Get value from dynamic form field before postback with jQuery
- Integer input without submit buttom to instantly set a loop limit
- jQuery keyup and input event triggered twice
- jtable not showing data in jsp it show error
- How to generate unordered list from XML using jQuery
- Showing posted data on another website in real time
- issue including wp_enqueue_media - WordPress
- jquery ui tabs not resizing properly
- php file upload not working with jquery Validator
- Onmouseenter and onmouseleave not working with safari browser
- Set Label's text using jQuery
- jQuery Color box, reload for two different function
- Can some tell me where is the error? saying $ not defined, object expected
- zoom reset on jquery slider
- PHP/AJAX : Can't display foreign character in ajax response
- How to save data in a kendo grid without using the KendoGrid toolbar?
- jquery not loading in WordPress
- jQuery click(function) not working
- Drupal - Add a class to an existing button based on URL
- Mouse move out in jquery menu , hidding sub menu
- Refresh a <li> with php code inside
- select and input in one
- Hide previous div onclick
- Polymer Dom Insertion Issues
- AJAX fail error but form is working
- How to get records from object without knowing keyname?
- Styling owl carousel videos
- jQuery get meta content in div
- Why jQuery toggle function changes the width of my div?
- jQuery refer to files in folders
- Generate JQM Popup Dynamically
- Multiple if statements with array in JS
- Prevent Chrome from selecting everything when drawing outside of a canvas?
- jquery function not firing on load
- jquery find closes span within td
- Angular injector error with self invocation function syntax
- Array - ajax to Symfony
- How to compare object in an array before pushing it?
- Uploadify Restrict File Types
- Not able to read json data in $_POST when sent using angularjs
- Semantic-ui when does one need to import/link components individually?
- Array values returning undefined in console/Round array elements to integers
- Holding on a function for a specific time
- Using prettyPhoto develop code to work with Wordpress gallery
- PHP Streaming and jQuery
- I want to create a Folder/file using function in jsTree
- Implementation of jStepper
- owl carousel: how can I change direction of changing pictures?
- Bootstrap navbar must appear from 2nd div
- Implement modal-box in tooltip
- how to refresh php div every few seconds
- Validating Rails form submission
- Data is not appending to the body after I click button (Ajax)
- ajax call to web-api worked for GET but not working for POST
- Why doesn't chrome load my jquery file?
- jQuery Accordion - Open multiple panels at once
- JQuery Auto complete and webapi 2
- Jquery Datatables Pagination Not Updating
- rotate as wheel using animate css
- How to prevent a specific .animate() from running via a seperate jQuery script