In the latest times, we see many customers realizing the value of security operations and workflows. Most of the reputed organizations are depending on ServiceNow to run their workflows efficiently. Microsoft and ServiceNow being two different worlds, have been integrated to improve and enhance operational resiliency and also help in minimizing the costs.
Keeping the current COVID situation in mind, there are many cyberattacks taking place and are targeting large organizations and companies, governments, etc. Many Security solutions were designed and brought up to interrupt the cyberattacks, but nothing worked and are found ineffective. The operations teams are involved in investing huge amounts of time in detecting, investigating, and responding to security threats.
To battle the Cyberattacks, ServiceNow has now expanded its partnership with Microsoft with an introduction to a new suite called ServiceNow Security Operations Solution Suite. The ServiceNow Security Operations Suite includes Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Azure Sentinel, Microsoft threat, and vulnerability Management. All these integrations are involved in providing a solution to minimize and save from cyberattacks, enabling the security operations teams to take precise and smart decisions related to different aspects like planning, incident response, and management.
Understanding Security Operations
Security Operations is responsible for gathering the incident data from the security-based tools into a response engine that utilizes the automation, workflow, and connectivity with the IT teams to mark the issue as a priority and provide resolution to the threats and attacks.
In recent times, we see that there is a high demand for cloud services and organizations are keenly utilizing cloud infrastructure and software as a service to run the business within a secured environment. There was no solution identified that includes a single platform, single data model, and architecture. The solution was identified by integrating the ServiceNow security operations with Microsoft. You can also gain in-depth knowledge through the ServiceNow Training.
Take precise and smart decisions for efficient security planning, incident response, and management:
Most of the companies are habituated to hybrid work and are saving money. They are utilizing an automated and fully deployed security solution. Let us consider an example of a medical institution that uses ServiceNow Security operations and gains a profit of an average of $2.4 million for four years. This is possible with the integration of ServiceNow security incident response with Microsoft Azure Sentinel and helps in detecting and preventing the security incidents and impact on the customers.
The whole process of investigation, response, and management are implemented on central platforms that help in detecting and responding to the incidents, allowing the security teams to automate and coordinate with each other about the workflows. This kind of approach will help in gaining an in-depth view of the security structure in an organization and also helps the security operations teams to speed up the investigation process and reduce the response times.
In simple terms, ServiceNow Security Incident response is considered a strategic platform that helps in bridging the data and workflow. With the partnership of ServiceNow and Microsoft, there is a high improvement in the durability of the operations and also helps in reducing the costs significantly.
ServiceNow Security Operations Integrations with Microsoft:
- Microsoft Teams integration with Major Security Incident Management also known as ServiceNow Security Incident Response Function: This integration is involved in streamlining and improving collaboration, maintaining transparency on critical incidents, and also allows to set up a dedicated teams channel, enabling to track and record the security incidents and related activities.
- Sharepoint integration with critical security incident management also known as ServiceNow Security Incident Response feature: This feature is responsible for centralizing the ideas and proofs or shreds of evidence that are gathered by the security operation teams when critical security incidents are identified. This is done by automating the SharePoint folder structure creation. The incident response groups create the artifacts which are integrated to gain visibility into the security incident records and details.
- Microsoft Threat & Vulnerability Management Integration with ServiceNow Vulnerability Response: This integration is responsible for performing the functionalities like capturing the asset-based information and vulnerabilities along with the recommendations by making use of the business contexts and assets to drive efficient workflows. To address the risky items and also improve the security of the organization, they make use of solution-based details to work efficiently.
Benefits of ServiceNow security operations with Microsoft:
ServiceNow security operations when integrated with Microsoft are offering multiple benefits to the business organizations.
- The integration helps in simplifying the response and management activities through the deployment of a centralized platform that establishes connectivity between the security and IT teams.
- The integration performance and analysis help us gain an understanding of the improvised view of solutions along with transparency between the teams and activities.
- The integration helps in gaining the critical information which is required for prioritizing and taking an action on the incidents accordingly.
- It also helps in minimizing the burden to the IT and security teams and helps in eliminating the errors by creating automation to the incident response management.
- It also helps in the customization of the security workflows.
- It also helps in improving the confidence levels when working and making decisions in different aspects like management, incident response, and planning.
- It also helps in gaining in-depth knowledge about the security status and data that is required for processing the activities and performances.
In the current era of living, the employees are into a hybrid mode of work. ServiceNow Security Operations integration with Microsoft is now helping the companies and organizations to be more protective and precise, resilient to the activities. ServiceNow is now making the world work with perfect solutions, making people better. The cloud-based platforms are now delivering solutions to digitalize the workflows and create positive experiences for the employees and the organization. ServiceNow integration with Mulesoft has also come up with multiple benefits and diversified changes. You can gain an in-depth understanding through Mulesoft Training. ServiceNow integrations help in maintaining security operations and tackling cyber attacks.