This question puts me on the way
so I check the JDK version and surprisingly IntelliJ and Nailgun didn't run with the same JDK.
~ ❯❯❯ ps -ef | grep java 501 2290 2017 0 4:12PM ?? 0:01.81 /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_11.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java … org.jetbrains.plugins.scala.nailgun.NailgunRunner 3200 6a73f540-1a80-476d-96d2-83ab8faaad95 501 2291 2017 0 4:12PM ?? 0:02.15 /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_112.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java …
So I searched in the IntelliJ preferences and found out that Scala Compile Server was configured with an old JDK : 1.8.0_11. Bim !
I've just unchecked the checkbox Use external compile server
Note that in scala-2.12, scala binary file is a wrapper script.
It looks like your JAVA_HOME directory is not correctly set.
Take a look at line that reads (inside $SCALA_HOME/bin/scala):
java_release="$(cat $JAVA_HOME/release | grep JAVA_VERSION)"
Based on your output, it looks like JAVA_HOME is not set. What you get is:
cat: /release: No such file or directory
Late to the party but another possible solution for someone for whom the above answers are not working:
- Right click on your project and select module settings (for mac the shortcut is usually CMD + down arrow key)
- in the sidebar select Global libraries
- make sure that the correct scala SDK version is present. if not delete the existing one with the - button and add the correct sdk corresponding to the scala version in your pom.xml/ build.sbt using + button
a mismatch of scala version that intellij provides and the one defined by you in your build file can also cause this error.
go to editconfiguration in intellij and choose in JRE drop down the jdk version which is installed in your system. and do rebuild, It worked for me.
- How to get rid of scalac ServerException with IntelliJ Idea
- How to get Scala imports working in IntelliJ IDEA with the Play framework?
- How do I get Intellij IDEA 12.0 to work with Play Framework 2.1.0 app and Scala 2.10.0?
- How to get IntelliJ IDEA 14 working with Scala on Android (SBT)
- How to use Scala in IntelliJ IDEA (or: why is it so difficult to get a working IDE for Scala)?
- How do I change intellij idea to compile with scala 2.11?
- How to make IntelliJ IDEA use javac for Java and scalac for Scala?
- How to know if a Scala file modified with IntelliJ Idea is saved and if it is checked into CVS?
- How do I make intellij Idea to highlight Scala script correctly with #! (shebang)
- How to generate Scala setters and getters with IntelliJ IDEA
- How to get rid of downcast using synchronous send with Scala Actors?
- How to start with Scala, intelliJ IDEA and SBT?
- How to get rid of braces in boolean expressions with AND and OR
- How to work with Intellij Idea and Scala
- I Installed IntelliJ Idea with the Scala plugin. Why don't I have a scalac file anywhere?
- How to use SBT with Intellij Idea
- How do you modify block comment alignment in Intellij IDEA with Scala?
- How to build Android project with Scala sources in IntelliJ IDEA (Community Edition)?
- How to connect to Hive in Virtual Box from IntelliJ IDEA with Spark Scala
- How to create a Scala executable jar file that is built with Maven, and has log4j included, using IntelliJ IDEA IDE
- How do I get rid of my unchecked warning on implicit class with higher order function
- How to get IntelliJ IDEA to `activator publishLocal` as a task?
- How to get started with Akka Streams?
- How to create SBT project with IntelliJ Idea?
- How to force IntelliJ IDEA to reload dependencies from build.sbt after they changed?
- How to get the last date of a particular month with JodaTime?
- How to manage multiple interdependent modules with SBT and IntelliJ IDEA?
- How to get a list with the Typesafe config library
- How to use IntelliJ with Play Framework and Scala
- How to add Jar libraries to an IntelliJ Idea SBT Scala project?
More Query from same tag
- How to pass case class as a variable into ScalaReflection
- Akka Future Response to a Sender
- IntMap changes type after innocent mapping
- scala.None$.get(Option.scala:347) scala.None$.get(Option.scala:345)
- Solving type erasure problems with an abstract type in a trait
- What are the way/s of telling scala compiler that type TableQuery[T] can map to somthing has the attribute id
- Scala - Why can't a context bound case class be used as a default constructor parameter of another case class?
- new to scala & sbt - trying to compile a project that imports akka.stm._
- How to use string.split() without foreach()?
- Is it possible to pattern detect within a Window object?
- No Json serializer as JsObject found for type play.api.libs.json.JsObject
- How to override Scala generic methods for specific types?
- Spark Zepplin throws NPE on datasets
- scala deprecation warning with playframework and slick
- NullPointerException exception when using Flink's leftOuterJoinLateral in Scala
- eclipse(set with scala envirnment) : object apache is not a member of package org
- PlayFramework 2: Fetch data from h2 database, decimal types not map with Scala decimal type
- Is there any particular reason this type is not a generalized DFA? And if so, what is it really?
- Maven test coverage for scala
- SBT run with provided works under the '.' projects but fails with no mercy under any subprojects
- In Play 2.1, What to use instead of deprecated PushEnumerator
- Scala: reflect class with implicit param
- Could not find implicit when used in main method
- ZeroMQ, Does Scala Binding slow it down considerably
- GridGain / Scala - Generate Jobs within existing Job
- would it work to run scala with vaadin?
- Why is Ficus throwing an exception when I try to add a new field in my case class?
- Playframework POST parameter
- How reverse words in string and keep punctuation marks and upper case symbol
- Squeryl - "CustomTypesMode is not a member of package org.squeryl.customtypes"?