I had the same issue. Even if you can access http://github.com/sbt/scala-seed.g8.git , your git 9418 port may still be blocked when using sbt or g8. Try running the line below at the command line. It will switch the port that git uses to https:// which is usually not blocked.
git config --global url."https://".insteadOf git://
It simply adds the following lines to your .gitconfig
[url "https://"] insteadOf = git://
so you can easily remove it if that is not the issue.
I've experienced similar problem. The way I solved is by installing sdkman:
curl -s "https://get.sdkman.io" | bash
Then, instead of my system package manager, I use sdkman to install the scala stuff:
sdk install java sdk install sbt sdk install scala
After that, the examples from the documentation works fine in my machine.
sbt new scala/scala-seed.g8
A predefined template in git is required, but when you use one of the sample templates from git, it will create an sbt project with minimum scala build. And to name the project, the predefined templates usually provide you with an option to do so.
I would like to share my experience:
I wanted to run
sbt new scalatra/scalatra.g8 and was facing error
"email@example.com:scalatra/scalatra.g8.git: invalid privatekey: [...."
How fixed it ?
mkdir temp cd temp git clone https://github.com/foundweekends/giter8.g8 g8 file://giter8.g8
Now it's working and printing
Creates a Giter8 project template. name [My Template Project]:
Hopefully it will save someone's time.
mv ./hello-world.g8/src/main/g8 hello-world
(assuming you have git setup)
Run it passing as a parameter the git url:
sbt new https://github.com/sbt/scala-seed.g8
There is no need of changing any git configuration.
- HelloWorld example (sbt new sbt/scala-seed.g8) not working
- Sbt helloworld example build is not working
- Scala import not working - object <name> is not a member of package, sbt preppends current package namespace in imports
- scala - dispatch example not working
- Scala map example not working as expected
- Kleisli in Cats for Scala example not working
- Scala not working with heroku example
- Scala Regex example not working
- Scala macros example not working on Scala 2.12.6
- Scala trait example not working as it should
- SBT not working Scala
- Scala sbt console - code changes not reflected in sbt console
- IntelliJ IDEA 13: new Scala SBT project hasn't src directory structure generated
- java try-with-resource not working with scala
- Nice way to add number to element in Scala map if key exists or insert new element it not
- Why "could not find implicit" error in Scala + Intellij + ScalaTest + Scalactic but not from sbt
- To use or not to use Scala for new Java projects?
- Scala println not working with App trait
- New sbt "feature" configuration not found in X / unresolved (transitive) dependencies
- Scala worksheet not working in Intellij
- Why is this Scala example of implicit parameter not working?
- sbt exclusion slf4j not working
- Mockito scala verification tests not working (play framework)
- SBT Assembly not working (not a valid command)
- scala case class equals (==) not working as expected
- Debug not working with play framework activator, scala and eclipse
- sbt not working on amazon ec2 micro instance
- Terminal cd command not working from Scala script
- scala multi sbt project: object is not a member of package, not found type
- Scala SuperSafe Community Plugin artifact, sbt 0.13, scala 2.11.8 not resolving
More Query from same tag
- More informative asserts in Scala
- Pushing a series of Scala map operations into a separate list
- Twitter Popular Tags Using Scala Apache Spark
- Slick MultiDB Configuration
- sbt new not a valid command
- Don't understand how Scala closure works
- Importing schema from json with optional value
- Could you replicate RubyOnRails AR events in Scala?
- Dynamically apply aggregate function in SPARK data frame
- how to catch spark exception and do something?
- Scala Inheritance (Too Many Arguments For Constructor)
- How can we sort a list in alphanumeric way in scala
- How to generate a DataFrame with random content and N rows?
- Why do I get 'Database is already closed' when invoking StaticQuery updateNA "shutdown;"
- Error in using composed function in further function composition
- Is there a Scala unit test tool that integrates well with Maven?
- scalaXB Async Dispatcher java.lang.IllegalStateException: failed to create a child event loop
- Spray - Complete with HTTP code based on Left-Right in Either
- How to join two RDDs with different lengh in Spark?
- Wait in tail recursion for future to complete
- Calculate all permutations for List(s) inside List
- Is there full support for Scala in Spring MVC now?
- How to parameterize table name in Slick
- access modifers in scala with var and val
- How to pass an argument to a user defined function for mapPartitions in Spark?
- Actor's value sometimes returns null
- maximum number of columns we can have in dataframe spark scala
- Scala file compiles but won't run as script on Scala 2.11.12 and JDK 11
- Scala ~> (tilde greater than) operator
- How to find what is preventing an implicit conversion (pimp class)?