If I understand you correctly, you're looking for ???.
You can define your method like:
def getX(a: String): Future[returnType] = ???
Then you could reference it in your tests or other code and everything would compile, but calling it will fail at runtime with
NotImplementedError thrown. It will also fail in tests unless you override it in mock.
- Mockito: Mocking method that is not yet defined but know the return type
- Why does scalac not believe that a method does not fit the required type signature?
- Is there any method that does the same thing as map() but generates a different type of container?
- Create a method that receives a type parameter but not as a parameter, just like classOf
- How define Structural Type that the method return this
- In Scala is there a way to specify that the return type should match the type of the method caller?
- Defining a method whose return type is the singleton type of an argument of that method
- Type aliases that work in the REPL but not in a scala class/object
- Omitting the return type in abstract method, but not in abstract field
- Type mismatch: the type referenced in object not the same as the one defined in a trait that object extends?
- How does the Scala program compile, given that bindAndHandle method takes the first parameter of type Flow not Route?
- "Parameter type in structural refinement may not refer to an abstract type defined outside that refinement"
- If the Nothing type is at the bottom of the class hierarchy, why can I not call any conceivable method on it?
- How to write a zipWith method that returns the same type of collection as those passed to it?
- Why does Scala warn about type erasure in the first case but not the second?
- Why is method overloading not defined for different return types?
- Method is tail recursive when defined on object but not on class
- How to disable the method return type hint in IntellijIdea scala plugin
- What return type should a Scala method have if it can throw/return errors but has Unit return type?
- protected method that takes an abstract super class instance and the "access to protected method not permitted" error
- Why does a partial function applied to 2 functions that do the same thing defined in 2 different ways return a different result?
- How does the Scala type checker know to prevent calling flatten on a List that is already flat
- Why does Scala maintain the type of collection not return Iterable (as in .Net)?
- scala: how to create a generic type which is subtype of all the number classes in scala so that it can include compare method
- How can I provide a compile-time guarantee that my method will return the same object it gets in Scala?
- Why method defined like "cons[B >: A](v: B)" accepts argument of type which is not supertype of A?
- (In Scala,) Is there anything that can be done with generic type parameters of classes but not with abstract type members?
- Should I use `()` or not for the method `getClients` when the return value can be changed?
- How does the Scala type system know that cons + Nil is exhaustive?
- Scala: "Parameter type in structural refinement may not refer to an abstract type defined outside that refinement"
More Query from same tag
- Memory being filled up in Spark Scala
- How do I get Scala BigDecimal to display a large number of digits?
- How to extract field from JSON file with Gatling
- Scala: importing object in the same file with a different name
- How to end or fail AWS Glue job with error?
- Cannot copy case class with repeated parameters
- Scala regex: how to extract year from string?
- Cassandra Phantom - could not find implicit value for parameter helper: com.outworkers.phantom.macros.TableHelper[Users, User]
- I broke Scala type safety somehow
- Generics with code block returning Unit
- PrintWriter in Scala not writing to file?
- Cannot find JsonWriter or JsonFormat type class for a case class
- Scala's || and | operators
- No able to convert Spark dataset to Iterator using build in toLocalIterator()
- Scala parser combinators: how to parse "if(x)" if x can contain a ")"
- Scala : Create multiple sequence of case class with variables in it
- IntelliJ throwing "java: error: option -source cannot be used together with --release"
- How to Run Bash Script for Scala
- playframework testing - set up and tear down - how to?
- Spark streaming is not working in Standalone cluster deployed in VM
- What is the best way to assert for a scala method whose return type is Future[Unit]
- How to Remove Explicit Casting
- Why does scala cache ask me to define the TTL twice?
- Scala Compiler Plugin Deconstruction
- Issue with RDD of Custom Objects in Spark
- Internal case class in scala
- How to add columns to df with StructField Array?
- Generic function for case class creation with tuple does not compile
- Processing changing source data in Java Akka streams
- how can i know if radio button has been selected in scala