I have forked the framework and made the necessary changes to make this possible. See https://github.com/andreif/play/commit/ec70ab8162620a0c9ba5ca7195fc3c51d7de91b1 (note, the branch is called idea_project!)
This commit adds command
ideaproj which creates Module, Project and Workspace files of a very simple structure. If you are using OS X, the command will also try to open the project in all(!) IDEA apps located at
/Applications/IntelliJ\ IDEA*.app. So adjust the python script in case if you have more than one IDEA app there. Additionally, you will probably want to change the default workspace layout. Have a look at
iwsTemplate.xml and modify it to fit your preferences.
Usage: run the following command in the app directory to create IDEA project files (and open them):
Note, that it will overwrite existing project files! If the IDEA project is already opened at the time you run this command again, then IDEA will ask you if you want to reload the project.
I have also added the following two commits:
- [#770] Add sources when generating module for IntelliJ IDEA
- [#923] Fix play idealize command to add dependent libs
EDIT: I have made two more commits to fix project tree in the workspace template, so that it expands first time you open the project.
If you can create the project files as you mention, idealize generates an Idea Module file for the Play project, so it should be as simple as to integrate that Module in your project file and open the project.
If you do that, please publish it as a Module in Play, it would be handy :)
- How to open a Play app in IntelliJ IDEA from the command line?
- How to get Scala imports working in IntelliJ IDEA with the Play framework?
- How do I get Intellij IDEA 12.0 to work with Play Framework 2.1.0 app and Scala 2.10.0?
- How can my Play 2 app respond to different "Accept" headers from the client?
- How to show the scheme (including type) of a parquet file from command line or spark shell?
- How to run a Scala class that's in a package from the command line
- How to specify "fork in Test := false" from command line rather than from build.sbt in a play framework based project
- Run intellij scala formatter from the command line
- How to force IntelliJ IDEA to reload dependencies from build.sbt after they changed?
- How to improve the error message readability returned from JsError.toFlatJson or JsError.toJson in Play framework 2.x?
- How to upgrade Scala to a newer version from the command line?
- How to run tests on every code change in IntelliJ IDEA from Scala sbt project?
- Calling into Play framework app from the Scala console
- How to execute SBT plugin's tasks from within IntelliJ IDEA CE?
- How do I run Scala + specs2 from the command line?
- How to set System property for a scalatest from sbt command line
- How to extract data from build.sbt in command line
- How to create a Play project in IntelliJ IDEA 14 Community Edition?
- How to run Scala 3 applications in the command line with Coursier
- How to use the Play Framework with Google App Engine with locally installed Java 7?
- How to test Zentasks sample app from Play 2.0
- How should I handle the html output generated in my Play 2 app by default helper or twitterBootstrap helper
- How make Intellij Idea debug a Play 2.1 app's source code files, instead of project definition only
- With Scala + sbt, how do you simultaneously allow IntelliJ builds and command line builds?
- SBT how to publish an artifact generated from the run command
- How o run a NetBeans-built Scala application jar from command line outside IDE?
- Could not import the newly generated play framework project into IntelliJ IDEA 15
- How do I run a comand line scala script that uses Play Framework app database?
- How to create Data frame from csv in Spark(using scala) when the first line is the schema?
- How do I make IntelliJ IDEA run all the tests including sub packages
More Query from same tag
- Vector() in JSON string produced by JSON Feeder in Gatling
- How can I make a scala method parameter type that is a collection of multiple types that can be converted to a given type?
- How to implement receive () in Akka Actor
- Doing http requests in linear fashion in Scala/Play
- Scala list validSelectValues not updated
- How can I make a blackbox in chisel 2.0?
- Scala Write the adjacency list of each node of a graph to a text file
- Databricks - Try catch between cells
- how LGBM handles the categorical features without specification
- How to build an eclipse plugin with sbt and sbt-osgi?
- Tree collections in Scala
- how to simplify scala's function literal like this?
- Scala String toInt - Int does not take parameters
- Frequency calculation and exploration of other columns
- Is there a van Laarhoven representation of `Optional`
- DAO in Scala with type classes
- Akka : the proper use of `ask` pattern?
- Process Stream with inner stream with fs2
- Elastic search queries with Java api
- How do i use the regex in scala to check the first 3 chars of filename
- Make existing classes implement traits in scala
- Surround failing higher order function with try catch?
- Sbt Multi-Module - using some project as module in another project
- compare same case class data from an array
- Check whether nested data exist on parquet scala spark or not?
- Why won't Scala parser combinators propagate failure inside a repeated (rep) clause?
- How to use thrift file generation interface class in Scrooge
- Spark combine multiple rows to Single row base on specific Column with out groupBy operation
- Scala stop words
- How to get access to the full Row in Spark UDF function?