I hate to break it to you, but lifty is gone. As of this writing, sbt's stable is 0.13.0. Looking at sbt community repo, the only version that was released was 1.7.4 for sbt 0.11.2.
The official website says:
The Lift Cookbook is the most up-to-date resource to learn how to use Lift.
There's a section named Creating a Lift Project from Scratch Using SBT:
You want want to create a Lift web project from scratch without using the ZIP files provided on the official Lift website.
You will need to configure SBT and the Lift project yourself. Luckily, only five small files are needed. First, create an SBT plugin file at
project/plugins.sbt(all filenames are given relative to the project root directory):
addSbtPlugin("com.earldouglas" % "xsbt-web-plugin" % "0.3.0")
This file tells SBT that you will be using the xsbt-web-plugin.
Next, create an SBT build file, build.sbt...
Unfortunately xsbt-web-plugin 0.3.0 is for sbt 0.12. So you have to either use sbt 0.12, or modify the instruction a bit. The latest xsbt-web-plugin for sbt 0.13 is 0.4.2, so in
addSbtPlugin("com.earldouglas" % "xsbt-web-plugin" % "0.4.2") resolvers += Resolver.sonatypeRepo("public")
I was able to follow along with the rest of instructions on the page... Eventually I got everything pulled in by sbt 0.13, and was able to start the container:
> container:start [info] Compiling 1 Scala source to /foo/sbt-lift-test/target/scala-2.10/classes... [info] jetty-8.1.7.v20120910 .... [success] Total time: 2 s, completed Sep 20, 2013 10:34:22 PM
http://localhost:8080/ using the browser:
Welcome, you now have a working Lift installation
- Getting started with Lift and Lifty
- Getting started with Lift
- Getting started with Scala, Scalatest, and Maven
- Getting Started with Playframework 2.0 and Selenium
- PermGen problems with Lift and Jetty
- ScalaTest and Maven: getting started
- Getting Started With Lift, Using Databases to Build Dynamic Sites
- Using Enumeration fields with Lift and CRUDify
- Scala RIA with Lift and
- How do you go about getting the contents portion of an RSS feed with Rome and Scala?
- Scala way of applying function to list and getting highest result with input
- Getting map function with custom CanBuildFrom and Builder to work in Scala
- LIFT setup for web project: generate with mvn, and manage with sbt
- Not found and Missing parameters at Typesafe Stack getting started
- Getting an HTTP response as Array[Byte] with Scala and Dispatch
- Getting Started With Akka Streams
- Lift with Maven and IDEA: Scala plugin can't find dependencies
- Getting a spurious fibre trace with zip and for comprehension
- Akka getting started tutorial and dead letters
- How do I render a SHtml.ajaxButton with 'onClick' action and href link in a Lift Snippet
- When I run tests with scalaTestPlus and Play framework, I get an error "no started application"
- getting started with scalafx: error in HelloScalaFX
- scala getting read,write and reject records with simplified regex
- Isabelle/HOL theory (HOL.Imperative_HOL.ex.Imperative_Quicksort) as Json with scala-isablle and lift framework
- How can I call the find query after successful update query with ReactiveMongo and akka, getting None.get exception
- Lift - CRUD with Designer Friendly templates and Ajax
- Getting started with a SBT project
- Getting Settings and Arguments with SBTs InputTask
- Getting 503 error after every 30 seconds with akka and node js env
More Query from same tag
- Scala - reducing overloading with default parameters
- Generic type having the special constructor and calling it
- Compilation error while using Tuple2 in Spark Java Application
- Spark: Creating DataFrame gives exception
- How to use modulo with signed bytes?
- Scala: Suggestion for an idea for a hands on session
- scala cats traverse for list
- How to avoid writing confusing DSLs in Scala
- run junit as server and inject changes?
- Implicitly aliasing and extending a scala Seq
- Scala: access "static" member of bounded generic type
- Unpack a list of Maps into another Map
- How do I map my objects correctly to make a list of objects work in mongo + play2
- How to read an element from a Scala HList?
- Mixing generic types
- evaluating an option with a boolean in scala
- Scala/Play/Nginx: static resource routing
- Scala anorm running query to postgreSQL with set role command
- PSQLException: The column index is out of range: 2, number of columns: 1
- How to create multipart/mixed HTTPRequests in Scala (JSON+file)
- Handling exceptions in an iteratee library without an error state
- Sbt downloads the dependency but IntelliJ cannot resolve its usages
- Logging unit test name in Scala
- Driver classpath without submitted JARs - ClassNotFoundException
- play json in scala: deserializing json with unknown fields without losing them
- Extract RDD[(Array[String]) from RDD[(String, Array[String]) [Spark/scala]
- Akka TCP Request Response need Thread.sleep
- Scala invert zip
- Linearization order in Scala
- How to run Play Framework 2.2.0 with -feature option