I would say that if you are comfortable using Ant as a build tool, Maven should be a piece of cake to use instead. It's main advantage is encouraging conforming to conventions rather than lots of configuration meaning that as long as you follow the standards, setup and usage of any most maven projects is a breeze. I strongly recommend that you invest the time to become familiar with this build tool because it will be very valuable experience/knowledge you can continue to use in your Java career.
With Maven aside, if you are convinced that you and the rest of the project's devs will all be using Eclipse, I would recommend using Eclipse's built in project management infrastructure. It uses Ant under the hood so you will be able to leverage you experience to also run/release from the command-line. All you need to do is set up a eclipse Lift project normally and then to add the scala integration, check out Scala IDE for pretty good IDE support of scala development inside of eclipse.
- Environment for java + scala + lift project in eclipse without maven
- Maven setup for spark project in Eclipse Scala IDE
- How can I transform an existing Maven Java project to a Scala project for the Scala IDE?
- Enforcing Java version for Scala project in sbt?
- How do I find the correct Maven archetype project for developing with Scala in Eclipse?
- Errors in Eclipse for Scala project generated by Play Framework
- Mixing Scala and Java files in an Eclipse project
- Setting different spaces for tab for Java and Scala in Eclipse
- Setting up a Scala Lift project in Eclipse
- Maven compile replies 'No sources to compile' for scala project
- Scala signature error for Scala module in IntelliJ Idea Maven project
- Format a double without decimals & adding commas for thousands in Scala Java Play framework
- Scala IDE not working properly in Eclipse Luna for Java EE
- How to set up a production server environment for a Scala Lift web application?
- Is it recommended to separate Scala and Java source files for a Maven project?
- More than one scala library found in the build path when fresh creating maven project in eclipse
- Configuring the Lift project for Scala IDE
- Require Java 8 to build Scala project using Maven
- transitive dependencies of scala project built with sbt within a different java maven project
- Creating a new Maven Scala project in Eclipse results in 4 errors
- Avoid Eclipse ignore garbage in Scala Maven project
- Alternatives to Maven for Java and Scala Development
- maven project which has both java and scala
- Include Scala project in Java Maven dependency
- Running scalatest and Maven with two scala libraries - one for Maven, the other for Scala Eclipse plugin
- Maven and Eclipse Lift Project Errors
- Unable to compile spring boot project with java and scala using maven
- Scala project as "sub-project" of Java project in eclipse
- Creating a jar file from Scala project without using Sbt or Maven
- Debug Gatling Scala Code in Intellij with Maven Java Project
More Query from same tag
- Structural Programming in Scala with Shapeless: How to use the SYB implementation correctly?
- Unexpected exception in Play with Scala
- Akka Actor ask and Type Safety
- indexOf('?') for a list not working
- Simple composition of functions in Scala
- Inconsistency between local trained and Dataproc trained Spark ML model
- Scala: normal functions vs tupled functions?
- Possible ways to check if a value exists in a sequence scala
- Scala - Build AST Parser - How to return a List of a predifined class?
- Concatenate MP3s in Scala / Java
- Apache Spark: get elements of Row by name
- how to normalize a `scala.reflect.api.Types.Type`
- How to move an item in a Scala Seq?
- What is Lift's state idiom?
- Apache Flink - Unable to get data From Twitter
- Scala pattern matching with Option type
- Play 2.3.7 WS Client
- How do I change the schema on a Spark Dataset
- the result type of an implicit conversion must be more specific than AnyRef in function
- Why scalac gets confused my SAM type not implementing Function when it overloads 'andThen'?
- How to define default values optional fields in play framework forms?
- Why does the scaladoc say HashMap.toArray returns Array[A] instead of Array[(A,B)]?
- Play Framework 2.2.1 - Compilation error: "method render in class index cannot be applied to given types;"
- Dataframe foreach loop - better way to extract result?
- sbt unresolved dependency for spark streaming Kafka integration
- Adding specific map methods to collections / functors
- How to create my own CacheStore with Ignite to store value in Binary mode (setStoreKeepBinary(true))
- Spark Scala - 7 Day Rolling Sum
- Slick code generator with Postgres in Play Framework
- sql query in play-slick, with a function like contains