I just ran into the same issue. I'm running Java 7 and don't want to have all my other Java stuff run on 6 again. So, what I did was dump a copy of JDK 6 in a directory and then made a simple bash script to set the proper environment vars and call play. I then symlinked that script as "play" on my path. Now when play gets called it has a JDK 6 environment to run under without having to change everything else on the machine.
...less than ideal, but it works well enough and keeps everything clean.
To get java 7 to work currently, you have to use the following configuration in your application.confirm file
See here for more details - VerifyError; Expecting a stack map frame in method controllers.Secure$Security.authentify
Java 7 is fully supported for Play 1.2.4 RC3 - give it a try and see if it solves your issues.
- How to use the Play Framework with Google App Engine with locally installed Java 7?
- How can I use the Google App Engine Datastore from a Scala app?
- How to use Memcached with the Scala Play Framework 2.2?
- How can I use in java the filtering function of the play framework 2 JsMessages plugin?
- How to use IntelliJ with Play Framework and Scala
- One Play 2 Framework App - use both java and scala
- How to use sbt with Google App Engine?
- How do I get Intellij IDEA 12.0 to work with Play Framework 2.1.0 app and Scala 2.10.0?
- Redirect HTTP requests to HTTPS on Google App Engine and Play Framework
- How i can integrate Apache Spark with the Play Framework to display predictions in real time?
- How can I use the Play Framework in a multi-project?
- How to use SORM framework with Play Framework?
- How to create an instance of a model with the ebean framework and scala in Play 2.2
- How to read and write Anorm object with the new JSON API in Play Framework 2.1-RC2?
- Does Play Framework with the Scala plugin support MVC and the Java API?
- How to auto-run my scala app in the Play framework on Linux upon server reboot?
- How do you set the viewport, width, with phantomjs with play 2 framework
- How to mix Java Servlets with Play framework web-sockets?
- How do I use Zookeeper as "Database" with Play Framework instead of traditional JDBC?
- How can I create a submit button with parameter in the play framework
- How to organise the entity model for play framework 2 when working with anorm
- How do I specify the java version to use with the Ammonite Scala shell on Windows?
- Play Framework 2.4.1 One form with two buttons. Which button was pressed? And how do I get the input data?
- How to use fcm(firebase cloud messaging) with scala play framework to send notification?
- How to use cdn url with play framework and scala for image display?
- How to synchronize Play framework 2 with MongoDB and the steps to be followed
- How do I use a filter to add a domain object to the request scope in Play Framework 2.x
- How do you read the HTML content of an Atom feed with Scala and Play framework 2.0?
- What's the standard way to work with dates and times in Scala? Should I use Java types or there are native Scala alternatives?
- How to use s3 with Apache spark 2.2 in the Spark shell
More Query from same tag
- Browse file and store file url for uploading it later
- SBT can't find and import cats-core
- Salat not deserializing collections that map to Option[Set[A]]
- Ensure that parametric type has companion object
- Scala: abstract class: Compile Error: class X needs to be abstract, since: [error] it has n unimplemented members
- How to dynamically generate numbers in play template?
- return value "constrained" by function type in Scala
- Using map or flatMap on a pattern matched output value
- How to eliminate val repetition in this Scala assign/test/throw sequence
- Scala REPL additional Jars
- Accessing class-level values of type parameters in Scala
- iterating through while loop in scala
- Need some clarity on for loop usage in Spark scala
- How to set the maximum content length with akka's http client?
- Path Dependency in Scala
- Scala Implicit Method Compilation when Method Tries to Access Non-Existing Case Class Members
- Gatling - Reading JSON file and sending content using ElFileBody to a method
- scala forward reference extends over definition
- Akka HTTP: Blocking in a future blocks the server
- Spark: Combine columns in dataframe with a character between them
- Running Akka with Maven
- How to export sparklyr (Spark ML) models to PMML?
- spark.read.excel - Not reading all Excel rows when using custom schema
- Gatling load tests and ScalaTest unit tests in same Play project
- Spark DataFrame Union Recursion
- wired scala type design
- Scala Function Chaining and handle failure
- How to tell whether i am running under Ammonite repl or in a script?
- How to detect/listen to a changed TabbedPane in Scala?
- Scala compilation error when running sys.process._