Actually I got it.
if you have a project with
build.sbt(that uses 2.10.1 scala) file - as soon as you type
sbt.. all dependencies will be downloaded into
~/.sbtfolder - even scala compiler will be downloaded there (
~/.sbt/boot). It could be even several version of scala: 2.10.1 and 2.9.2 for example.
and about sbt-idea and
~/sbt/plugins.. it could any scala version - depending on its
build.sbtfile, for example in my case:
resolvers += "Sonatype snapshots" at "http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/"
addSbtPlugin("com.github.mpeltonen" % "sbt-idea" % "1.2.0-SNAPSHOT")
I should notice if try different version.. like 1.1.0-M2-TYPESAFE it will not work.. (at least in my case) -
gen-idea command is not available then. I do not know why. I guess it should.
Also if you do not point
resolvers += - it will will not work.. but it it will not tell you about that..
This plugin is using scala 2.9.2 - we can not see it here, but we can see it from that outputs it produces while installing/downloading. That's why we have
~/.sbt/boot/scala-2.9.2/ as a result.
In any case we should not care about it. It is handled by sbt.
When you converted your sbt-project into your intellij-idea project by typing
gen-idea in sbt console, as the result your IDE project will be referencing to
~/.sbt/scala but not to your somewhere-installed-scala.. So even no need to pointing the scala location - that sbt-idea sbt's plugin will do all the work. And that's good!
That's the answer I wanted to get. One gets/understands it by trying it.
that version is out of date, it depends on sbt-idea 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT. The latest at the time of writing is 1.3.0
See my project skeleton for an implementation using the latest versions of scala, scalatest and SBT to IDE project plugins.
- sbt version and scala version. project configuration for intellij idea with sbt-idea plugin
- How to synchronize Intellij and sbt builds for a scala project
- Intellij 15.0.5 issue with SBT and Scala project
- Creating SBT Project in IntelliJ Ultimate 13.1.1 with Scala plugin gives no New > Scala object for src/main/scala?
- How can I use scala sources from a different location in a sbt project and also make it work with IntelliJ IDEA?
- Workflow and Scheduling Framework for Spark with Scala in Maven Done with Intellij IDEA
- Scala Compiler not found in Intellij IDEA 11 with Play 2.0 project
- IntelliJ IDEA 13: new Scala SBT project hasn't src directory structure generated
- IntelliJ IDEA Hotkey for comment does not work with Scala
- Attaching sources in IntelliJ IDEA for scala project
- How do I get Intellij IDEA 12.0 to work with Play Framework 2.1.0 app and Scala 2.10.0?
- How to know if a Scala file modified with IntelliJ Idea is saved and if it is checked into CVS?
- In SBT 0.13, does scalaVersion still control the version of scala used for compile, run and test?
- Stuck at "Hello World" with IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.1 for Scala
- IntelliJ Idea debugger's evaluator gives different results than normal program for comparing Scala Long and Float variables
- How to setup scala sbt project for nd4j and deeplearning4j
- How to generate Scala setters and getters with IntelliJ IDEA
- Scala signature error for Scala module in IntelliJ Idea Maven project
- IntelliJ IDEA : support both SBT and Maven on a single project
- How to Point Intellij at SBT Libraries for Scala Project
- Unable to run integration test in Intellij Idea for scala project
- How to create sbt project with an android module and run with Intellij ultimate?
- What is the difference between SBT and IDEA when creating a Scala project in intelliJ?
- Intellij Idea - what configuration to use for Scala
- intellij sbt "autoimport" and "source for SBT and Plugins" are missing in Import project
- android + scala + intellij sbt returns warning and app crashes on emulator: bad class file magic (cafebabe) or version (0033.0000)
- Scala home directory for creating Scala project in IntelliJ IDEA
- How to work with Intellij Idea and Scala
- SBT make one project compile with only one version of scala
- Which version of Sbt and Sbt assembly to use for Spack 2.4.5 and Scala 2.11?
More Query from same tag
- Insertion sort implementation in scala
- Scala: Method within Class issues within IntelliJ [Cannot Resolve Symbol]
- What does Array((1L, 2L)) do?
- Rename assembly-generated uberjar in SBT
- Count the number of points closer than a given distance
- How do you implicitly convert to Java autoboxed types in Scala?
- Scala cast to generic type
- How to Elementwise Sum a Sequence of DenseVectors in Breeze
- How to override equals for alias types in scala
- Getting the wrong timestamp after combining columns Scala
- Akka-http: Http.cachedHostConnectionPoolHttps stops processing after sometime for non 2XX responses
- How do I define a function parameter default associated with a generic parameter?
- found java.util.Date but required java.sql.Date?
- Test ScalikeJDBC Publisher with Scalatest
- How can I get Content-Length header (Head request method)
- Is there a better way for reduce operation on RDD[Array[Double]]
- sbt - Adding a task key defined outside of build.sbt
- Is it efficient to use Arrays in Recursion, when programming functionally in scala?
- Strongly typed access to csv in scala?
- Configuring Scala compiler in IntelliJ 10.5?
- Controller not seen
- What the difference between != and =/= in chisel?
- Reading a Dictionary inside JSON
- Flink : WordCount example throws ClassNotFoundException
- Reflection error while creating spark session through Livy
- how to randomly select a certain number of elements from a list
- Type inference question using Scalaz.ListW.<^>
- Spark DataFrame casting to Dataset Doesn't Update NullType Columns in Schema
- scala equivalent of python __getattr__ / __setattr__
- JVM consuming 100% of one CPU