I had similar problems when I migrated from an earlier version of ReactiveMongo. What worked for me was sprinkling around some
.as[JsObject] conversions in the various calls to the ReactiveMongo API.
So if before I had:
collection.update( selector, obj, ... )
I replaced it with:
collection.update( selector, obj.as[JsObject], ... )
This seemed to be sufficient, although I am supplying the necessary JSON converter(s) in a slightly different way to you; subclasses of my abstract class have to implement an
implicit val fmt:Format[T] member. I doubt whether that is important, but it is an approach that seems to be working :-)
You need to use OWrites and OFormat instead of Writes and Format. I know OWrites extends Writes and OFormat extends Format, but the reactivemongo version you are using is waiting for OWrites and OFormat, not its super types.
- Play 2 / Scala - Generic Reactive Mongo CRUD - json serialization
- Play - Custom Json with Generic Crud
- Scala - Play Framework - Reactive Mongo - Service Layer
- Scala Play framework json serializer for generic type
- scala trouble with play framework JSON serialization from case class
- Scala Generic Repository Class For Reactive Mongo Repository(alpakka) - Needed Class Found T
- scala - play json JsValue conver to generic type
- How do I write a generic JSON parser in Play 2.7 for Scala that validates inbound requests?
- Scala 2.10 + Json serialization and deserialization
- How to load JSON file using Play with Scala
- Scala to JSON in Play Framework 2.1
- Json Serialization for Trait with Multiple Case Classes (Sum Types) in Scala's Play
- Play Scala No Json deserializer found for type (String, String). Try to implement an implicit Reads or Format for this type
- Play Framework Scala format large JSON (No unapply or unapplySeq function found)
- JSON serialization of Scala enums using Jackson
- How to convert casbah mongodb list to json in scala / play
- Constant value in Scala Play JSON Reads
- What is the difference between Mongo Scala Driver and Reactive-Mongo Driver in play framework?
- scala play json No unapply or unapplySeq function found
- Play 2.1 Json serialization for traits?
- Play / Scala JSON Format for Either
- Scala Play Json Reads
- Scala + Play Framework + Slick - Json as Model Field
- Create a generic Json serialization function
- Read JSON Tree structure in Scala Play Framework
- Play Scala JSON body parser default value field
- Scala Play Json JSResultException Validation Error
- How to query with '$in' over '_id' in reactive mongo and play
- Parsing a Json String in Scala using Play framework
- How to enforce strict serialization of JSON in Play 2.x
More Query from same tag
- Scala: provide class type in parameter
- Mixing build.sbt with project/Build.scala and aggregates
- How to make properties file available to FileInputStream in Scala script?
- "error: '=' expected but '=>' found." error from sbt concole
- How to input parameters when running bash command with Scala
- Running sbt tasks from commandline without plugin.sbt
- Scala | Lift | How to make across menu
- Explode map type column that has another map type inside in spark
- Akka: how to create a compact json without empty values?
- Can we use scala to debug Java programs
- Extracting Map content in scala
- How to insert Array[Byte] into binary datatype column with slick and mariadb?
- Finding implicit values in the companion object of a nested type
- Eclipse not functioning after first Scala Build
- Scala equivalent to Haskell's transpose
- "Referring to non-existent method org.scalatest.Matchers.convertToAnyShouldWrapper" after upgrading scalatest to 3.1.4
- RDD map each substring to another RDD
- Spray List Marshaller not found
- How to measure test running time using scalatest in Eclipse (Scala IDE)?
- How should I create subtypes of Int in Scala?
- How do I split a column by using delimiters from another column in Spark/Scala
- Adding SBT as a dependency in SBT file
- What's the point of implicit conversions as parameters?
- Usage of @specialized in traits
- Scala parsers to build a simple calculator example
- List of dates from a date to current date
- How to get the mouse "x" and "y" when I click in scala
- Build generic reusable iteration module from higher order function
- Spark: How to convert from Dataset[String] back to good and old Dataframe
- Getting the sum and pick the max key value pair with out parallelize in spark scala