00FF needs the 2 zeros to make sure that this is a SIGNED number, proving that it is positive by using the two zeros.
The cafebabe doesn't have that since it is a negative number. We found that out because of the lack of zeros at the end.
Finally, the point of the long (though im not sure of that one) is to set the idea that there are unseen zeros stretching backwards, thus giving us a positive number.
- You don't, it's just to show that leading 0s are ignored as far as I can tell
- int is a 32-bit signed integer: if you exceed 2^31, the highest-value bit gets set but is interpreted as a minus. In short, you have an overflow.
- If you add "l", the variable is a long which uses 64 bits, so the overflow doesn't happen
- Confused about some hexadecimals, longs, and int
- Slick confused about numThreads and best practice for good performance
- Some questions about difference between call-by-name and 0-arity functions
- Newbie scala confused about identiy type signature, and nothing (bottom)
- Confused about behavior on Option between single-level and nested for comprehension
- Scala confused about mutability and Array/Lists
- I'm confused about Scala function and closure
- What is the differences between Int and Integer in Scala?
- Clarification needed about futures and promises in Scala
- Is it possible to restrict Int by creating something like PositiveInt and have compile-time checks in Scala?
- Confused by the operator definitions of Int in Scala
- About generics in Java and Scala
- Confused about Scala method calling conventions, specifically the sum function on Seq
- What is the difference between () => Int and Unit => Int? What on earth is the type of "()" in Scala?
- About Future.firstCompletedOf and Garbage Collect mechanism
- Merge Schema with int and double cannot be resolved when reading parquet file
- Why is the Scala for-loop (and internals) NumericRange restricted to Int size and how to elaborate the functionality?
- General Questions about Akka and Typesafety
- Casting null to Int and Double in Scala
- Understanding Some and Option in Scala
- Quite confused about this code snippet return types with & without =
- Confused by foldLeft error (both in Eclipse and REPL)
- Some languages and uses for monads
- Some questions about covariance in Scala
- Scala and .NET - runs well? some experiences? state of affairs
- Scala Option? Why does Some not inherit AnyVal and why is it not a value type?
- Akka streams. Group by, aggregate for some time and emit result
- Why does this code typecheck in Scala 2.11 and what can I do about it?
- How to understand the two sentences about "Covariance" and "Contravariance"?
- regex: replace '@@' with '@' and '@' with some string
More Query from same tag
- Scala implicit conversion from Array[T] to IndexedSeq[T]
- Identify a bug in pattern matcher
- PlayFramework Testing: Uploading File in Fake Request Errors
- Scala Action Map Implementation Issue (follow up)
- play framework sorm intellij - cannot resolve symbol sorm
- How to pass parameter to Scala object
- AsyncTask.doInBackground - abstract method not implemented error in Android Scala project
- How to create a TestActorRef inside a test class for an Actor with constructor params?
- Use scala reflection to initiate class with internal objects
- Scala Typeclass with multiple parameters error
- Upload dynamic CSV file via Gatling
- eclipse scala IDE doc - automatic insert of @param and @author tags
- org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: cannot resolve '`angelique`' given input columns
- How do I access individual nodes in an RDD[Iterator[scala.xml.Node]]?
- Can not call Java classname.class in scala
- Scala Jackson Deserialize to String or Map
- Searching the Scala documentation for #::
- Scala implement inline trait method
- Selector of pattern match being exhaustive
- Cannot construct a collection of type ...Inclusive[Long] with elements of type Long based on a collection of type ...Inclusive[Long]
- Running a function that returns Try asynchronously
- How to dynamically construct subclass with parameters based on string
- Get classname of the running Databricks Job
- Calling a trait's superclass method from an unrelated object
- How do I get an instance of the type class associated with a context bound?
- What is the format of the .matches() method on Scala strings?
- Spark reading Avro file
- Value of a scala variable do not change while executing play Future query. Why?
- how to integrate Typesafe Console with an existing Maven Akka application?
- Initializing values in Traits