Okay, so the error was originating in the fact that my
JList did not have a type parameter specified (it was generated by a GUI builder). I changed the declaration to:
JList<Category> // this particular file is a Java file
Now everything works.
- Why won't Scala recognize that I'm extending ListModel<E>?
- Understanding why "pimp my library" was defined that way in Scala
- Why does the Scala compiler say that copy is not a member of my case class?
- Why does Scala compiler say that contravariant type A occurs in covariant position in type >: A <: Any of type B?
- Why doesn't the scala compiler generate a warning on if statements that always yield false inside a pattern match?
- When using scala path dependent type as function codomain, why is it impossible to add alias for that function?
- Why can scala not Infer that Left[X,A] is a reasonable subtype of Either[X,B]?
- Why won't astyanax (java) recognize my @Id annotated values in my scala case class parameter list?
- Why does Scala support multi-name definitions with an expression that is evaluated for each?
- Why does Scala sometimes ignore types that are clearly defined?
- Why scala compiler says that this type is used in non-specializable position?
- I'm thrilled that this scala snippet uses all of my processors to find the (correct) answer faster but... why does it do that?
- Scala List: why the IDEA prompts that Unused expression without side effects
- Extending a class with many implementation that each have main methods in Scala
- Why scala doesn't recognize method from trait
- Why doesn't the scala compiler recognize this as a tuple?
- Why do I have to redefine an already defined variable in a trait when extending in Scala
- Why does the Scala compiler recognize a generic type twice
- why doesn't scala recognize com.vaadin.ui.MenuBar.MenuItem
- Why (and to what purpose) does Scala automatically initialize variables that are unintialized (itentionally)?
- Why Scala fail to recognize Null type as a subtype of T in generic function type parameter inference?
- Why doesn't stream() work in Scala the way it does in Java? Is there any other API that does the same as stream() API?
- Why does Scala prefer implicit parameters over extending a trait?
- Why does the Scala compiler disallow overloaded methods with default arguments?
- Why does pattern matching in Scala not work with variables?
- Any reason why scala does not explicitly support dependent types?
- Where does the "flatmap that s***" idiomatic expression in Scala come from?
- What are Scala continuations and why use them?
- Why does Scala provide both multiple parameters lists and multiple parameters per list?
- When and why should one use Applicative Functors in Scala
More Query from same tag
- Integrate Spark ML Model in Scala App without embedded Spark Cluster
- What's the best way to change values of List objects?
- How to write spark-scala tests available to run/connect to a hadoop cluster?
- Base64 and binary streams between Java and C#
- what this scala symbol ->_ means
- The compiler bridge sources org.scala-sbt:compiler-bridge_2.12:1.1.7:compile could not be retrieved
- Spark Application Not reading log4j.properties present in Jar
- File upload fail when in production on tomcat7
- Parse Complex JSON -- Map
- Akka message passing timing
- Application not starting after pushing to Heroku
- How to fail a Gatling test from within "exec"?
- Spark read files recursively from all sub folders with same name
- sc.textFile scala error
- Parsing byte string into a native scala byte
- how to set system properties by using -D when running Scalatest in a Maven project
- explode an spark array column to multiple columns sparksql
- Scala Play Framework DB Shutdown Lifecycle Hook Order
- How to read multiple files from AWS S3 in spark dataframe?
- Function application over collections with F-bounded types
- How to extract data type of the generics type parameter?
- Accessing class field in foreach Generics Scala
- Type not found: type .. when type is in src_managed folder
- Concurrency overview
- spark scala dataframe adding 1 to all the values in a column
- Add column while maintaining correlation of the existing columns in Apache Spark Scala
- How to pass and get attributes in Gatling session from and to "exec" blocks
- Is there a Scala Built-In Cache Class
- Pass parameters to singleton object in Scala
- Default parameter in curried function