In this example, the tilde is a combinator that means combine two column results together. When continually chained together like it is for * it means return a result which is all of those columns together as a single result object. It means that there is a function on those column classes called
~ and you are using infix notation and calling it. In actuality it's more like;
- Scala unary operator usage in this example
- Is there example of scala abstract type usage which is impossible to achieve with generics?
- Why is this Scala example of implicit parameter not working?
- Why/How does this scala contravariant example work?
- How could I simplify this Scala Option usage
- what does the operator ":\" do in this scala code?
- Unary operator definitions for custom types in Scala
- Understanding type conversion/error in Scala in this example
- How does implicitly work in this example from Scala in Depth
- Looking for example of type class usage that will work in Scala 2.7.7 and 2.8 scripts
- Why can't this simple scala example be compiled?
- Understanding Scala for comprehension in this example code
- Scala @ operator
- Increment (++) operator in Scala
- What's the Scala way to implement a retry-able call like this one?
- Why does a small change to this Scala code make such a huge difference to performance?
- What is the === (triple-equals) operator in Scala Koans?
- Operator precedence in Scala
- Why are there two sets of arguments/parenthesis in this Scala method definition?
- Scala with keyword usage
- Why is this Scala code with assignment of a val in a parameter working?
- Scala maps -> operator
- <:< operator in scala
- Usage of _ in scala lambda functions
- Scala Partition/Collect Usage
- Example of the Scala aggregate function
- Scala contravariance - real life example
- Small Example of Jackson Scala Module?
- What is/are the Scala way(s) to implement this Java "byte to Hex" class
- The tilde operator in Scala
More Query from same tag
- scala try/catch not catching exception
- play scala json of map with list
- Creating a multidimensional array in scala
- Spark - Change value of records which belong to the long tail in a Dataset
- How to convert nested case class into UDTValue type
- When and why should one use Applicative Functors in Scala
- Scala program to replace words in an alphabetical order with in a string
- How to pass array of array (list of list) to view in play framework 2.x?
- Spark - add new column to data frame with columns matching given pattern scala
- Converting a case class hierarchy to scalaz.Tree with Shapeless
- folding a list of classes to a single, comma separated string (in Scala)
- Difference between initialization of empty ArrayBuffer using either "ArrayBuffer.empty[A]" or "ArrayBuffer[A]()" in Scala
- Print characters at even and odd indices from a String
- how to filter out a null value from spark dataframe
- Java Globbing Pattern to Match Directory and File
- what makes a variable be visible (intellij idea)
- How to choose a random element from an array in Scala?
- Flatten a list of tuples in Scala?
- Processing JSON error responses with Play WSClient
- Explode multiple columns into separate rows in Spark Scala
- IntelliJ-Scala format list elements same line when using ::
- overloaded method value corr with alternatives
- Scala: Remove elements from Vector
- how to use range facets
- Invoke a case class from a main method within an object
- How do I un/marshall attributed elements in JAXB?
- Persistence with NamedObjects in Spark Job Server
- Get scala template in a variable in Play Framework
- ObjectIds don't get retrieved from collection (Scala + MongoDB)
- Play Framework SBT import play.api.libs.streams