come across a very interesting article
while amd has worked hard to drive opencl, as nvidia has with cuda, both companies are now looking at delivering the performance advantages of using those two languages and incorporating them into languages such as java, python and r.
maybe they need to look into scala as well :)
scala is based on jvm. that means any java optimized gpu stuff can be easily ported to scala.. if the jvm will optimize bytecode on the fly then automatically scala will also support it. gpu programming is the future - unless we start seeing hundreds of i7 cores etc.. the issue wit cpu is that is very complex therefore higher watt consumption per core - heat issues etc.. however gpu can offload taks from cpu same way as the math coprocesor wasoffloading tasks early days.
a desktop cpu + gpu die would be interesting though.. moving the cpu inside the gpu card :-)..
- parallel programming mode: Scala vs OpenCL
- Scala Programming for Android
- Scala type programming resources
- Difference between reduce and foldLeft/fold in functional programming (particularly Scala and Scala APIs)?
- Functional Reactive Programming in Scala
- Is Scala functional programming slower than traditional coding?
- What is the purpose of Scala programming language?
- scala parallel collections degree of parallelism
- Real World Functional Programming in Scala
- What are the main differences between Scala and Frege (in programming paradigms)?
- Java 8 parallel sorting vs Scala parallel sorting
- Conversion from scala parallel collection to regular collection
- How are Scala 2.9 parallel collections working behind the scenes?
- Is Scala a Functional Programming Language?
- How do I replace the fork join pool for a Scala 2.9 parallel collection?
- Scala String Equality Question from Programming Interview
- GUI programming in Scala
- Parallel iterator in Scala
- Print out Scala worksheet results in interactive mode in IntelliJ
- Scala Parallel Collections- How to return early?
- Explain the `LowPriorityImplicits` pattern used in Scala type-level programming
- How do I set the default number of threads for Scala 2.10 parallel collections?
- Are Scala parallel collections better in some ways than the parallel collections already available in Java?
- Datatype-generic programming libraries for Scala
- Parallel collections in Scala 2.9 and Actors
- Scala type level programming - representing a hierarchy
- Which operations on Scala parallel collections are parallelized?
- Scala functional programming gymnastics
- Scala REPL "paste" mode doesn't exit on ctrl-D in Sublime Text 2
- Scala parallel collection runtime puzzling
More Query from same tag
- How to override method in uber jar?
- Scala: pass implicit argument to function which returns another function
- how to map the splited String to a class?
- Configure Java heap space with Spark
- Add key-value pair to a HashMap with an existing key (Scala)
- Spark: Scala equivalent to Java df.filter()
- Json4s seems to return quotes when dealing with strings, how can I force Json4s to just return the value?
- Make ScalaCheck tests deterministic
- How to flush a ChiselUtil Queue?
- Scala implicit def resolution by number of parameters
- Can't install Scaladoc with SBT and Intellij
- Scala generic subtype parameters
- How to add 'testListener' to custom test reporter in SBT
- How to infer StructType schema for Spark Scala at run time given a Fully Qualified Name of a case class
- Scala: Invoking Standard Methods on Wrapper Maps After Java to Scala Conversion
- How to find if a Scala String is parseable as a Double or not?
- Ambiguous implicit conversions causing compile failure in Scalatest and Argonaut.io
- Migrating akka remote to akka-http how to serialize to json instead of protocolBuffer without huge amount of work
- How to change the schema of a DataFrame (to fix the names of some nested fields)?
- Is there a way to provide custom compile error messages in Scala?
- Spark ClosedChannelException exception during parquet write
- How to include src/main/resources/query.txt in Maven assembled Jar file?
- how to add dynamic content for ADF datafactory
- Scala: collecting updates/changes of immutable state
- Nesting a for comprehension inside a yield
- java annotation on scala method parameter
- Scala: Imported scala object with implicits not working for providing Read or Write format (play json)
- Akka stream batching
- Scala/Apache Spark Converting DataFrame column values and type, multiple when otherwise
- How can I get Scalatest to give me one stats summary when testing in a loop