come across a very interesting article
While AMD has worked hard to drive OpenCL, as Nvidia has with CUDA, both companies are now looking at delivering the performance advantages of using those two languages and incorporating them into languages such as Java, Python and R.
Maybe they need to look into Scala as well :)
scala is based on JVM. That means any Java optimized GPU stuff can be easily ported to Scala.. If the JVM will optimize bytecode on the fly then automatically Scala will also support it. GPU programming is the future - unless we start seeing hundreds of i7 cores etc.. The issue wit CPU is that is very complex therefore higher watt consumption per core - heat issues etc.. However GPU can offload taks from CPU same way as the math coprocesor wasoffloading tasks early days.
A desktop CPU + GPU die would be interesting though.. moving the CPU inside the GPU card :-)..
- parallel programming mode: Scala vs OpenCL
- Scala Programming for Android
- Scala type programming resources
- Difference between reduce and foldLeft/fold in functional programming (particularly Scala and Scala APIs)?
- Functional Reactive Programming in Scala
- Is Scala functional programming slower than traditional coding?
- What is the purpose of Scala programming language?
- scala parallel collections degree of parallelism
- Real World Functional Programming in Scala
- What are the main differences between Scala and Frege (in programming paradigms)?
- Java 8 parallel sorting vs Scala parallel sorting
- Conversion from scala parallel collection to regular collection
- How are Scala 2.9 parallel collections working behind the scenes?
- Is Scala a Functional Programming Language?
- How do I replace the fork join pool for a Scala 2.9 parallel collection?
- Scala String Equality Question from Programming Interview
- GUI programming in Scala
- Parallel iterator in Scala
- Print out Scala worksheet results in interactive mode in IntelliJ
- Scala Parallel Collections- How to return early?
- Explain the `LowPriorityImplicits` pattern used in Scala type-level programming
- How do I set the default number of threads for Scala 2.10 parallel collections?
- Are Scala parallel collections better in some ways than the parallel collections already available in Java?
- Datatype-generic programming libraries for Scala
- Parallel collections in Scala 2.9 and Actors
- Scala type level programming - representing a hierarchy
- Which operations on Scala parallel collections are parallelized?
- Scala functional programming gymnastics
- Scala REPL "paste" mode doesn't exit on ctrl-D in Sublime Text 2
- Scala parallel collection runtime puzzling
More Query from same tag
- Product of Array Except Self with tail recursion
- Accessing list of lists inside a for
- How does "override" work when inherited traits are combined?
- How do unicode character escape sequences work in Scala and Java, when used in naming
- What are the available parser(s) for scala programming language?
- Deadlocks in Actor based Programming languages
- How to check the strings contains same characters in scala?
- Akka HTTP shuts down prematurely in a docker container
- Execute command block in primitive in NetLogo extension
- Find elements in a list that are not in the second list (in scala)
- Scala type boundary and context type combined shorthand form
- How to pass scala array[object] to java function parameters
- zio sqs message attributes
- Chain functions in different way
- Get http headers with akka routing dsl
- Using scala constructor to set variable defined in trait
- Convert Column to Row in Scala
- Importing functions from outside a project in scala [sbt]
- Match expression on Int is not exhaustive
- Append/Union multiple dataframes in Scala
- What are type projections useful for?
- Scala TwoSum can't get Array[Int]
- How to flatten a RDD of tuple if it has an Option component
- Error in forEach Spark Scala : value select is not a member of org.apache.spark.sql.Row
- Spark application log messages not showing in EMR logs
- Get Java enum values array in scala
- Creating a new column using info from another df
- Split one row into multiple rows of dataframe
- Use of ' -> ' and ' <- ' operators in scala
- SBT - using two versions of library in a single project?