Orika has lot more features but, if you just want to create a copy of an instance to a new instance and change some attributes of the new instance, scala has inbuilt feature for it. Use
case classes and you can use
copy method on it to create new instances.
case class Bird(name: String, color: String) scala> val chicken = Bird("twitty", "yellow") chicken: Bird = Bird(twitty,yellow) scala> val coq = chicken.copy(color = "red") coq: Bird = Bird(twitty,red)
- Class mapping Scala, like Orika
- Read case class object from string in Scala (something like Haskell's "read" typeclass)
- What is base class in Scala like Object in Java?
- Can we assign / change traits to the scala class during runtime? How - any sample code? Like Strategy Pattern (of Gang of four Design Pattern)
- Is it possible to have scala Future execute a mapping action in the same thread, like Java CompletableFuture?
- Issue mapping a list of values into a class Scala
- Scala Parent Class like Parent class in java i,e Java.lang.Object
- play scala tuple form with multiple case class mapping in views
- best techniques to debug scala code which passes around lambda bodies, anonymous class instances and things like that?
- Scala : How to define a custom groupBy for a class (just like Ordering)
- Scala mapping Json and case class
- Create mapping from string to class type in scala
- Mapping Scala class to Scalding or MongoDB
- Scala Mapping from a class to a matching generic
- Difference between object and class in Scala
- IntelliJ Scala Plugin's case class indentation is absurd
- Unable to create Scala class on IntelliJ
- How to update a mongo record using Rogue with MongoCaseClassField when case class contains a scala Enumeration
- Scala case class inheritance
- Class broken error with Joda Time using Scala
- Case class to map in Scala
- Extending scala case class without constantly duplicating constructors vals?
- What's the Scala way to implement a retry-able call like this one?
- Scala - how to print case classes like (pretty printed) tree
- What is the difference between a class and a type in Scala (and Java)?
- How to convert Row of a Scala DataFrame into case class most efficiently?
- How to get around the Scala case class limit of 22 fields?
- How to reload a class or package in Scala REPL?
- scala class constructor parameters
- Scala class and case class == comparison
More Query from same tag
- How do I transform my Scala XML object (of class Elem) to HTML using XSLT?
- How can I make more partitions in Spark without causing a shuffle
- cannot compile scala test with intellij 14.1
- Why does this explicit call of a Scala method allow it to be implicitly resolved?
- How should I specify the type of JSON-like unstructured data in Scala?
- Why List partition works while span does not
- How to make a snippet in Lift - Scala
- AWS SDK: cannot import AWSSecurityTokenServiceClientBuilder to get temp credentials
- abstracting over type constructors
- What do <:<, <%<, and =:= mean in Scala 2.8, and where are they documented?
- how to use akka.actor.Status.Failure to catch the exception
- DF insertInto is not persisting all columns for mixed structured data ( json, string)
- Scala Fold Left with Two Parameter Types
- Scala: How to parse a string and generate a vector of nested vectors
- object XMLParser is not a member of package com.DC.FTDataParser
- SBT: How to access environment variable or configuration?
- Nested Scala singletons from Java code
- json4s parse json partially
- Play Framework 2.1: Scala: how to get the whole base url (including protocol)?
- How to iterate twice using iterator method in scala
- Scala generics Confusion
- How to organise the entity model for play framework 2 when working with anorm
- SBT main class "not" not found
- Getting "value x is not a member of xyz"
- Convert ParIterable to Iterable
- Error in compilation of scala file in play
- scala - how to access a case class method from another class?
- How to do parenthesis balancing using scala, recursion ,one function and one parameter for the function?
- running sbt new pointing to internal organization's github
- How to provide multistage in with pipeline of JavaMongoRDD in Java code?