Self-answering with links to material on more complicated usage of context bounds for the sake of anyone else who encounters such issues.
You can declare a type to have multiple context bounds: ":" in type parameter
But it seems you may not be able to use a context bound if the type itself takes multiple parameters: http://www.scala-lang.org/old/node/5310.html
However, by using type aliases with a higher kinded type you may by able to create context bounds for which the type accepts type parameters, at least in some cases: Context bounds shortcut with higher kinded-types
Please correct me if I'm wrong or out of date, or if Scala is updated with more support for this functionality.
- Is it possible to pass multiple type parameters to implicitly as in implicitly[Monoid[A[B]].mappend?
- In Scala, is it possible to "curry" type parameters of a def?
- Scala and SLF4J :: pass multiple parameters
- Multiple type parameters on a scala method
- Generic type unification: multiple parameters (T,T) vs. multiple parameter lists (T)(T)?
- Multiple type parameters in type class
- Is it possible to combine multiple map and reduce functions into a single pass in Scala?
- In Scala, how can I restrict multiple parameters must be a type inside the same type?
- Using typeclasses wtih multiple type parameters
- Is it possible in scala to pass on a generic type dynamically?
- Is it possible for Scala to automatically pass parameters in the following example?
- Is it possible to specify type parameters for String Interpolation in Scala
- How to get match type with multiple type parameters to work correctly in Scala 3
- Is it possible to specify that a type will have a certain parameters in its constructor? Scala
- Currying in Scala: Multiple parameters in a function including an anonymous function of type ( => A)
- Scala: Multiple type parameters for implicit class
- Is it possible pass in same request parameter multiple times in Play and Scala
- Providing multiple instances of same implicit specialized with different type parameters
- Question about Scala implicits with multiple type parameters
- Value class for type class with multiple type parameters
- How to pass type parameters to my scala application? Are factories the best solution?
- Why doesn't this pass multiple HTML parameters to template
- Type classes, implicit conversion, multiple type parameters
- Is it possible to work with a list of generic values with different type parameters in Scala?
- Scala + Spark: ways to pass parameters in a program. Is it possible to use the Context for this?
- Why it is possible to pass an other type
- How to pass multiple parameters into SBT in command line?
- I have a function which takes an implicit parameter. How can I pass the parameter implicitly using implicit parameters of an instance of some class?
- Type inference error with multiple type parameters and Nothing
- Is class parameters with the option type need not to pass a value?
More Query from same tag
- Pass list as individual function parameters
- How can I combine fluent interfaces with a functional style in Scala?
- Slick index causes InvocationTargetException to be thrown
- Type casting using type parameter
- Accessing members of mixin traits
- spark stanford parser out of memory
- How to print elements of particular RDD partition in Spark?
- How to use dispatch.json in lift project
- How to forward generic message in Akka?
- Scala/Spark App with "No TypeTag available" Error in "def main" style App
- Redis get specific value based on zscore long in scala
- How to specify play mode (prod, dev) when starting a "dist" application
- How to access my forms properties when validation fails in the fold call?
- writing 2 data frames in parallel in scala
- Should I use Scala 2.11.0 or 2.11.8 with Spark 2.3.0?
- order by desc on column type double is not working in scala dataframework
- Value not found when using :load in Spark's Scala REPL
- How to work around type parameter of class shadowed by method
- Pattern matching a BitSet in Scala
- Scaling Akka actors
- Upgrade to Sbt 0.13.8 but got several warnings "detected an interpolated expression" for strings with dollar sign
- Add autogenerated field to a dataframe
- Replacing the values of an RDD with another
- How to reuse the same flowShape inside a flow Akka Streams
- In Akka Streams, is Sink.fold() processing serialized?
- How to remove repeated elements from an iterator?
- In build.sbt, dependencies in parent project not reflected in child modules
- GraphX not working properly Spark / Scala
- how do I reflect on Scalavro union types in a base trait with abstract type variable?
- Uploaded file only contains "WebKitFormBoundary"