This was a problem with Scala compiler version compatibility. I compiled my
SimpleJSONAPI dependency with Scala 2.11, while the Play app was being built with Scala 2.10. When I changed the
SimpleJSONAPI dependency to also build with Scala 2.10, I was able to use it in my Play app.
This was confusing because it's not obvious from the project files which version of Scala a Play app is using, and the error message about
ArrowAssoc gives no indication that it is a compiler version issue.
I think your import is incorrect given how you are using the API. Either exclude the object name on the import...
Or change your usage to drop the object name...
val j = toJson("The JSON API")
- How do I use an unmanaged dependency in this simple Play example?
- Play Scala Dependency injection: How to use it
- How can I make this probably simple Producer actor example working?
- How to use Scala's this typing, abstract types, etc. to implement a Self type?
- How to use IntelliJ with Play Framework and Scala
- How to force Play framework 2 to always use SSL?
- How do i use play ws library in normal sbt project instead of play?
- How to inject multi dependencies when I use "Reader monad" for dependency injection?
- How to use Joda DateTime with Play Json
- How can I convert this foldLeft : Double expression to use Option[Double] instead?
- How can I use a library dependency in the definition of an sbt task?
- What is the use of unapply in this sample Play framework code (Form mapping)
- How to use imports and implicits in Play Framework's routes file?
- Is there a simple example of how to generate verilog from Chisel3 module?
- How to use OAuth 2 in Play Framework 2.0
- How do you use play framework as a library, in a scala project
- In Play 2.4 with DI, how to use a service class in "Secured" trait?
- How to print dependency jars for use in an environment variable?
- How to use play-plugins-mailer with Play 2.3 and Scala 2.11?
- How can I use OrientDB from a Scala / Play 2.2 project?
- Is there any comprehensive tutorial on how to use this kind of structural typing?
- How to use `controllers.Default.redirect` in Play 2.4 and `InjectedRoutesGenerator`
- How to use the Play Framework with Google App Engine with locally installed Java 7?
- Play - How to use different configuration files for Dev/Prod?
- How to import Play framework as a dependency in Scala project
- Play 2.5.X: method current in object Play is deprecated: This is a static reference to application, use DI instead
- How to isolate libraries in an unmanaged dependency .jar file so they don't conflict with others
- How can I use SBT to help my library get around transitive dependency conflicts
- How to use OutputStreams with chunked response in Play 2.1
- How to use sbt-jslint in Play Framework 2.0.x scala?
More Query from same tag
- print float without scientific notation in scala
- How to replace id type by type parameter in this slick generic DAO trait?
- Spark job fails with org.apache.spark.shuffle.FetchFailedException exception
- Why is there only 1 type parameter in scala list flatmap parameter signature
- Spark(scala) Maven Project gives class not found error
- How to remove duplicates from DataFrame in Spark basing on particular columns?
- Parser combinator optional parts
- How to convert string to time datatype in pyspark or scala?
- Scala fluid syntax with Casbah toolkit for MongoDB
- In Scala, how do I create a new function by setting one argument in another function to the value of a variable?
- How to compare date/time on a form within the Scala Play Framework?
- Extracting source code comments in Scala
- Cartesian product stream scala
- Could not find proxy for ... in Macro
- for comprehension fails when using an intermediate variable
- How to convert scala.io.BufferedSource to java.io.File?
- How to calculate median over RDD[org.apache.spark.mllib.linalg.Vector] in Spark efficiently?
- How to make scalaz.Tagged work with class class primitive attributes?
- How to reference identifiers with dollar signs from C#?
- How to show the scheme (including type) of a parquet file from command line or spark shell?
- How to specify a request parameter as Json type
- How to join two tables using RDD?
- Convert Json WrappedArray to String using spark sql
- Insert logged user id into play.api.libs.json.Reads
- How can I detect clicks on a JavaFX WebView from the main application?
- Get Field in Immediate Child Objects Only Using json4s
- Spark (Scala) How to access specifc row in dataframe by "key" and modify it
- Recommended pattern for sharing common objects across classes in Scala
- Abstraction for asynchronous computation that cannot fail
- Should DBSCAN and its index have the same distance function