The optimal order will vary depending on priorities and how stable requirements are.
Usually during development, the understanding of the problem improves and the requirements change. This can happen particularly for the user interface. The first usability tests can lead to changes in the application's design and behavior.
A construction order that takes this into account would be:
- Create an initial version of the website. Depending on the project this would include a short description of the project, a way to collect emails, and authentication features such as user registration and login.
- Create the mobile application, mocking the service layer in the mobile application itself (i.e. using mock service proxy objects). The objective is to discover and stabilize user interface requirements. This process will clarify which services are needed, which operations these services must perform, and exactly which data these operations must receive and provide.
- Implement the web service, based on the already stabilized requirements.
- Complete the web site, including description of the application's features and benefits, and showing the application's content (e.g. screenshots, videos).
This order assumes the application's features are the main benefit of the project. If, on the other hand, the main value and complexity resides in the web service, and the application is just a thin, optional front-end over it, then it might be more appropriate to develop the web services first and then the application.
- Creating web service first than website or vice versa
- Spark final task takes 100x times longer than first 199, how to improve
- How to implement a REST Web Service using Akka?
- Either to Try and vice versa in Scala
- why use def and val in Scala or vice versa
- Error creating Kafka topic :- replication factor larger than available brokers
- Play Framework for Scala - RESTful Web Service
- Limit concurrent Web Service request (Or some batch approach)
- When could Futures be more appropriate than Actors (or vice versa) in Scala?
- Using Play 2.0 to create a web service
- Building a service for my website that has some foursquare features
- Adding OAuth to a Scalatra web service
- BitSet to Set[Int] or vice versa in Scala
- Playframework scala, how to asynchronous convert a web service call to a response without Async
- Java/Scala multi-threading issue for a web service
- More than one scala library found in the build path when fresh creating maven project in eclipse
- Reactive send file to web service in Play!2 Scala
- Securing the web service in app
- Using Akka to seperate a Lucene service form a website
- Calling a web service that depends on a result from another web service in play framework
- Scala Play2 Error on Web Service call
- Spark issues in creating hfiles- Added a key not lexically larger than previous cell
- How to authenticate a Lift REST web service client?
- The most trivial self-hosted REST-like web service in Scala?
- How to create a scala based service daemon which can be called by a web app?
- Creating a dataframe and casting colums with inferSchema from a csv is way slower than creating one and casting with withColumn
- How to create application-wide Scala functions which perform web service calls in Play 2.4?
- The second HTTP POST REST call to a Play 2.5 app's web service returns a 403 response
- Gatling :- Compare web service Json response using jsonFileFeeder
- Project example/template for a simple LIFT + Mongo REST web service
More Query from same tag
- Unit testing an function returning a function
- Spark withColumn - add column using non-Column type variable
- Shutdown Hook for spark batch application
- Beginner Scala SBT query
- Spark dataFrame doesn't have createGlobalTempView() function?
- Why this scala code has a compilation error type mismatch
- trait with only case objects custom implementation in spray json
- Parse a nested json structure
- Scala procedure and function differences
- Upgrade ReactiveMongo Play 2.3 app from 2.6 to 3.0
- Using Slick 3.0 transactions while migrating from Squeryl
- How scala compiler invoking abstract method from super class?
- Combinatorial Subtyping (in Scala)
- Iterating through an RDD without doing any changes to it
- How to create a spark dataframe with timestamp
- Is it possible to include directory information in spark.read.csv?
- Scala Futures with DB
- How to make properties file available to FileInputStream in Scala script?
- Scala: Most efficent collection for simple iteration
- sbt test is picking up wrong resource folder path
- Concise way to create day of week enumeration in Scala
- SBT: How to refer to other project source code in build.sbt?
- Different type inference for `def` and `val` in Scala
- Specs2 - Ignoring properties in a matcher with Future of a set of results
- Spark 2.0 ALS Recommendation how to recommend to a user
- Scala: List drop first n empty items
- Databinder dispatch: Get uncompressed content of a 403 response
- Tcp request to the database with akka streams
- Scala Regex Parser throws weird error
- Surprising numeric widening in Scala