Read[String] while you require a
Format is a combination of
Write for cases where they are symmetrical. This isn't the case here because validation is only for reading JSON, not for writing it. So you cannot write a single
To get around this, write your
implicit val personReads: Reads[Person] = ( (JsPath \ "name").read[String] ~ (JsPath \ "email").readNullable[String](email) )(Person.apply _) implicit val personWrites: Writes[Person] = ( (JsPath \ "name").write[String] ~ (JsPath \ "email").writeNullable[String] )(unlift(Person.unapply)) implicit val personFormat: Format[Person] = Format(personReads,personWrites)
- Json Validation with PlayFramework in Scala
- Parse json array to a case class in scala using playframework with the fields in json not matching the fields in case class
- Error in json validation using Play2 with Scala
- Playframework scala reading a json date with RFC1123_PATTERN to nscala DateTime
- How to load JSON file using Play with Scala
- Noise-free JSON processing with Scala
- Decoding structured JSON arrays with circe in Scala
- Playframework 2.3.0 issue with Scala IDE (Kepler)
- scala 2.10Mx with playframework 2
- XML to JSON with Scala
- Ignore None field while Encoding to json with Circe for Scala
- How to parse JSON with variable keys in Scala Play?
- How can I deserialize from JSON with Scala using *non-case* classes?
- Async computation with Validation in Scala using Scalaz
- Handle large JSON with Scala
- Rendering JSON with Play! and Scala
- Scala Play Json JSResultException Validation Error
- Scala reserved word as JSON field name with Json.writes[A] (Play equivalent for @SerializedName)
- Validation error while trying to parse a json array to List[Object] in Scala
- Bootstrapping JSON data into Scala PlayFramework templates
- Spark explode nested JSON with Array in Scala
- How to bind a array form field with Playframework scala
- how to decode json in scala with circe by ignoring fieldname case sensitivity
- Apache Spark: Convert column with a JSON String to new Dataframe in Scala spark
- Json parsing in Scala with scala.util.parsing.json
- Why use template engine in playframework 2 (scala) if we may stay with pure scala
- Playframework Scala Specs2 JSON Matchers
- Alternative to parsing json with option [ either [A,B ] ] in scala
- validating json in scala with lift-json
- how do i convert json with mixed type values to json with scala and json spray
More Query from same tag
- Scala Lift - ActorPing alternative
- How can I set up Scala-IDE to add a blank line when I start a multiline code block?
- Locate Scala installation for Spark
- Implicit conversion not behaving as expected
- Restart elasticsearch node
- SBT: Cross-platform way to set java.library.path?
- Wait for a Scala Future to complete and continue with the next one
- Spark RDD Or SQL operations to compute conditional counts
- Install scalatest in Scala IDE Luna
- Multi Scala version on one linux machine
- Reading binary File into Spark
- How To Convert the Builder Pattern to a Functional Implementation?
- How many implicit parameters can be passed to a function?
- Apache Spark: ERROR local class incompatible when initiating a SparkContext class
- Scala 3 + http4s problem with encode/decode json
- View bounds on abstract parameters: a use case concerning ordering
- How to control the way Swagger generates the model/schema for a type
- Play framework 2.1.x and EbeanServer
- spark read contents of zip file in HDFS
- Confusion regarding working of protected[some_scope] and inheritance in scala
- Writing RDD Data to CSV with Dynamic Columns in Spark - Scala
- Flattening Dataset[Dataset[Column]] to Dataset[Column]
- Setting Gatling to send requests based on percentage/ratios?
- How do I store a pointer to a template in scala Play Framework 2?
- Object Initialization with an initializer block
- Convert Scala List to List with another type
- reference.conf vs application.conf files in Akka
- Common path prefix in Play framework 2.2.x scala JSON Reads
- Play framework render HTML & values on same page via ajax
- Are the terms Type and Class used interchangeably - Scala