You may have downloaded a source release rather than a pre-built?
To build and assemble with sbt, you can run
sbt assembly in the spark root directory.
Your installation directory is /usr/local/spark, which doesn't contain the required class.
Try just extract the downloaded tgz file from http://spark.apache.org/downloads.html. Cd to the directory and run the example command.
Make sure that you have lib/spark-examples-XXX-YYY.jar when you run bin/run-example
- Apache Spark: issue with Scala example
- Configuring Apache Spark Logging with Scala and logback
- Apache Spark: Convert column with a JSON String to new Dataframe in Scala spark
- How to Compile Apache Spark with Scala 2.11.1 using SBT?
- process a text file with xml column in apache spark scala
- Data preprocessing with apache spark and scala
- Spark CSV issue with new line (LF) character in the field of file imported using scala
- Compatibility issue with Scala and Spark for compiled jars
- How to create nested json using Apache Spark with Scala
- Apache Spark Mllib 2.1.0 with Scala sbt error
- running jupyter + Apache Toree 0.2.0 with spark 2.2 kernel generate error (Missing dependency 'object scala in compiler mirror')
- Issue converting scala case class to spark dataset with embedded options that wrap monads
- How to replace nulls with empty string ("") in Apache spark using scala
- Apache Spark - Unable to understand scala example
- Issue while opening excel cells with Dates, After writing values with Apache POI Scala
- How to execute a jar-packaged scala program via Apache Livy on Spark that responds with a result directly to a client request?
- apache spark stand alone connecting to mongodb with scala using casbah
- Flatten nested json with array into single line dataframe in Apache Spark Scala
- Issue with dropDuplicates() and except() method in Spark using Scala
- How to change input block size when reading a file in Apache Spark with Scala in a localfilesystem ( not HDFS )
- Gradle: Setting up Scala project with Apache Spark in Eclipse
- Apache Spark Dataframe - Issue with setting up a not-equal join
- Apache Spark in Scala Stackoverflow with tail recursion
- Solving a sequential problem with Scala apache spark
- Apache Spark with Scala Merge streaming text
- Parse JSON data with Apache Spark and Scala
- Compilation issue in spark scala script containing join on RDDs with 2 columns
- Split RDD with Apache Spark Scala
- Issue building Apache Spark with Avro
- Throwing NullPointerException while reading from MySQL in Apache Spark with Scala
More Query from same tag
- Using @Inject annotation causes var to be recognized as a @Test?
- How to include a picture type in a form in Play!2 in Scala?
- How to mock HTTP service within Akka Actor
- How to define Tuple1 in Scala?
- Do Scala function arguments become class variables?
- Scala, call instance method right from superconstructor call?
- Is there a way to store launch configs from a POM file so they can be imported into Eclipse and Idea?
- How to build a Map of lists of map from type safe config in scala
- Scala underscore use to simplify syntax of function literals
- How to get values from RDD in spark using scala
- Possible to make scala require a non-Nothing generic method parameter and return to type-safety
- Play Framework 2.3 Scala - Serialize nested objects to JSon with implicit Writes converters
- how to retrieve and inject sections from and to JSON
- how can I exclude parts of a shaded jar in Play!'s lib folder
- How to get a reference to an existing ActorSystem in Akka?
- Huffman decoding (in Scala)
- Strange Scala compiler warning
- How to execute the unix command "top" from scala REPL?
- Not clear about the "Checked exception" explanation in "functional programming in Scala"
- Scala specific -- does an immutable.Set consume significantly more memory than a mutable.Set?
- Can I call a method inside of sortWith when sorting a sequence (or a map)?
- Recursively process list of relations
- can case object act as a state
- Add sequence id for groupby column
- SLICK: To insert value in 3 different tables using one slick api call
- How can I most easily/quickly run the liftweb demo apps?
- Is it bad practice to send an actor a message from something which is not an actor?
- Get a list of all directories and a list of all files on the computer with Scala.
- Spark: Writing to Avro file
- How to Create a Timer Actor that receives