If a file is modified but not saved, there's an asterisk,
*, in its tab.
If a file is newer than its VCS counterpart, its name is displayed in dark blue instead of black. If it is not under VCS at all, it is shown in dark red. This goes for the editor tab as well as other places such as the Project window.
Settings -> IDE Settings -> General -> Synchronization you can control when files are saved. I save files on Frame Deactivation (that is, switching to another program), and after 60 seconds of idle time.
You should also look at the Local History feature, which is a local VCS for your project, capturing all the individual edits between commits. This allows you to roll back changes that were made by the auto-save feature, which some people find unnerving at first.
In IDEA 11:
Settings->Editor->Editor Tabs->Mark modified tabs with asterisk
In IDEA 15:
Settings->Editor->General->Editor Tabs->Mark modified tabs with asterisk
- How to know if a Scala file modified with IntelliJ Idea is saved and if it is checked into CVS?
- How to create a Scala executable jar file that is built with Maven, and has log4j included, using IntelliJ IDEA IDE
- How do I get Intellij IDEA 12.0 to work with Play Framework 2.1.0 app and Scala 2.10.0?
- How to generate Scala setters and getters with IntelliJ IDEA
- How to work with Intellij Idea and Scala
- How to use IntelliJ with Play Framework and Scala
- How do I change intellij idea to compile with scala 2.11?
- How to get Scala imports working in IntelliJ IDEA with the Play framework?
- How to set up Java and Scala in one single Module in Intellij IDEA 11?
- How do I make intellij Idea to highlight Scala script correctly with #! (shebang)
- With Scala + sbt, how do you simultaneously allow IntelliJ builds and command line builds?
- How to get IntelliJ IDEA 14 working with Scala on Android (SBT)
- How to start with Scala, intelliJ IDEA and SBT?
- How to send email with attached file in scala and play framework (2.3.9) using activator?
- how to read a .dat file with delimiter /u0001 and record next record will be separating by next line in spark with scala
- I Installed IntelliJ Idea with the Scala plugin. Why don't I have a scalac file anywhere?
- How to build Android project with Scala sources in IntelliJ IDEA (Community Edition)?
- How to connect to Hive in Virtual Box from IntelliJ IDEA with Spark Scala
- how to compile and run one single scala file without building whole project within intellij
- sbt version and scala version. project configuration for intellij idea with sbt-idea plugin
- How can I use scala sources from a different location in a sbt project and also make it work with IntelliJ IDEA?
- Workflow and Scheduling Framework for Spark with Scala in Maven Done with Intellij IDEA
- How to calculate TP, TN, FP and FN with spark and scala when I have predictions and ground truth file ( original graph )?
- scala spark sql with intellij, how to link jdbc jar file and run the scala code
- How to remove double quotes and extra delimiter(s) with in double quotes of TextQualifier file in Scala
- Debugging Scala code with simple-build-tool (sbt) and IntelliJ
- How to manage multiple interdependent modules with SBT and IntelliJ IDEA?
- How to read a text file with mixed encodings in Scala or Java?
- How to use Scala in IntelliJ IDEA (or: why is it so difficult to get a working IDE for Scala)?
- How do I read a large CSV file with Scala Stream class?
More Query from same tag
- Akka Messages in Subprojects?
- Does Slick Direct Embedding with Play 2.0 Work?
- List concatenation not working in scala
- Does spark.sql.functions.typedLit supports Map[String, Any]
- Function type with receiver in Scala
- Scala: groupBy (identity) of List Elements
- Scala/Spark - Select one column from RDD(Array[String])
- Assembly Programming on the JVM?
- "Input mismatch: Tuple type expected" when trying to select on PatternStream
- What is the best way to work with akka from nodejs
- Enums as key in Spark PairRDD's causing problems
- Optional tuples to Map in Scala
- jasypt digest implementation in PHP
- Scala/Spark wait for one function to complete before output the results
- Why spark.read.parquet() runs 2 jobs?
- Scala - Is it possible to define an implicit function in super class?
- RethinkDb update table row based on existing value
- Is it possible to refactor a map inside of a map inside of a map
- Treat Type Parameter As A Numeric Using Implicits
- Overriding method by return type in scala, oop solution?
- Remote Spark Job fails: No assemblies found
- Flatten value in paired RDD in spark
- Mapping simple values from a Map to a spark DataFrame error
- Akka Scala Camel. Exception handling
- No Json deserializer found for type Option[reactivemongo.bson.BSONObjectID]
- Find last index where an element should be inserted in order to maintain order
- Scala intelliJ indentation after period
- Update actor state only after all events are persisted
- What does the <- operator do in Scala
- How to convert inner elements of a List[List[Int]] to tupleNs? (How to flatten polymorphic tupleNs)