I have the same issue on IOS device (ipad4, ios10). I don't use redux-logger and removed all console.log, still don't know what makes the app so slow. It takes 2s to swich between tabs.
I know it is an old topic but suffered the same problem. I applied the above solutions but the problem still presisted. Later I found out that problem caused by a emulated USB storage device rather than mounted as a USB disk. Because when you upload signed Apk file and install the appllication from this file it causes problems and gives write error e.g. hiddenly but don't gives error messages much. I hope changing from emulated storage device to mounted as a trivial disk helps who suffer the same problem like me.
React Native app does run slower on Android. But the performance is not real during your development. You can build a release version to check the real performance, release version is much faster than dev version.
There are also some bad codes which can make your app slow. Like
console.log(), it does slow the app during development. Avoid unnecessary re-render the view, don't use arrow function and
That said, I cannot explain why the execution is so slow on the device. Are you perhaps running on an low-powered device, or an emulator with limited allocated memory?
Sometimes, one or more than one active
console.log() lines cause this issue.
console.log lines should be searched and deleted if they exist.
Also in production, babel-plugin-transform-remove-console can be used to clear all console.* methods automatically.
- React native for android run very slow when not enable "Debug JS"
- React native buttons OnPress does not fire when app running in debug mode
- How to enable the Android monitor in React Native for checking logs?
- how to handle focus same item when hardware back button click in react native for android Tv app
- React + Redux - Input onChange is very slow when typing in when the input have a value from the state
- useEffect not called in React Native when back to screen
- React native textDecoration properties not working on Android
- Building hybrid React apps for iOS and Android with native performance
- React shouldComponentUpdate() is called even when props or state for that component did not change
- Linking.canOpenURL returning false when targeting android 30 sdk on React Native
- Getting undefined is not an object in React native when rendering
- Dynamic Opacity not changing when component rerenders in react native
- Text is getting cut off in android for react native
- TypeScript issues when creating ref for React Native TextInput
- Redux in React Native app is very slow with lots of data
- React Native - Force ListView Re-render when data has not changed
- React Test Renderer: findAllByProps return double of what It should find when looking for testID in React Native
- Expo QR code not showing for a React Native App
- React Native app works when run from Xcode, but crashes when run with 'react-native run-ios'
- react native app works on debug mode, but not works release mode on ios
- flexWrap not working for <Text> element in React Native
- symbol not found Android React Native
- Do react native uses same code for ios and android or both platform code should be written separately?
- Creating Custom UI component for android on React Native fails. App crashes
- Can't find variable: _d when running react native app for the first time
- Creating an installer for Electron React JS app - reactJS component doesn't load when run after install
- How to run a React Native App with Node js Backend on Android Device?
- Image not showing on device for React Native movies tutorial on existing application
- React native component wont update when remote debug
More Query from same tag
- How does React JSX Spread Attribute work behind the scene?
- How to use React's Router v4 history.push()
- Screenshot created by use-react-screenshot is not assigning to useState
- How to remove HTML element from DOM with React
- 'webpack' not recognizing when running within the project
- How to cancel the RTK-Query requests
- How to pass parameter into React component defined using ES6 class
- Antd table - sorting by a value other than dataIndex
- How to setInterval in React with Typescript
- React 18 strict mode causing component to render twice
- Input field is not working
- UseParams() not working and not rendering data on screen
- How do I use aysnc/await in this superagent call?
- React: Data not showing until page refreshes
- why my getInitialState Fuction not working?
- Can't perform a React state update on an unmounted component with useEffect hook
- Catching 403 error from s3 presigned url timeout in React app
- Accessing Redux Store from routes set up via React Router
- Can't call this.setState inside an event listener
- Making an asynchronous call to an api doen't work through redux actions
- React: Dynamically setting element keys
- Unable to update state (collection of objects with keys and values) of a react component
- Looking for a clever way to render multiple children component dynamically
- Can React Material-UI InputBase component have an onSubmit action?
- React Materials UI - How can I close two dialogs at the same time
- jest/enzyme test: this.props.showOverlay is not a function
- Throwing errors inside catch blocks allowed?
- TypeError: Cannot assign to read only property 'exports' of object '#<Object>' in ReactJS
- ReactJS looping in render state
- react-native firebase fetch() operation cannot be completed successfully ,due to throttling