handleClickhas completed, is a re-render guaranteed to happen immediatelly
handleClickhas done running? I mean literally immediately, like synchronously immediately
For certain events, including
click, React guarantees that the component will be re-rendered before another event can occur. (This isn't the case for other events like
mousemove.) You can find which events are which here. The current terminology seems to be that
DiscreteEvents are the ones for which this guarantee exists, and the
UserBlockingEvents are the ones for which it isn't guaranteed. It may well be that in the current implementation that means it's done synchronously at the end of the event handling¹, but I think the guarantee is less specific than that.
I learned this from Dan Abramov on Twitter (he used the older terminology for the events).
is it guaranteed that a re-render will occur immediately (synchronously) after that completion of the handler?
React batches all setStates done during a React event handler, and applies them just before exiting its own browser event handler.
- When does React re-render after a setState call made inside an event handler
- React won't batch setState calls inside event handler if there's an await call before or between them
- socket connect event inside useEffect does not work when component is created but works after refreshing the page in React
- Call react hooks inside event handler
- Why does the component is not re-rendering when i add @action decorator to an react event handler function
- React event handler sets to null after API call
- React Router Dom & Firebase Auth: history.push changes url but does not render new component when called after firebase auth create account
- Unable to access React instance (this) inside event handler
- 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' issue when API call made from React (Isomorphic app)
- How to add arguments to event handler in ES6 React when functions are bound in constructor
- React onLoad event on image tag is not getting called when using conditional render
- React does not rerender after setState used in promise
- React scroll position after render when scrollTop is zero
- Why is my React checkbox onChange handler firing on render and then not when the box is clicked?
- how and when to call a react component methods after state change from redux
- react component state change after ajax call but does not rerender component
- React Testing Library does not find elements using getAllByTestId after initial render
- Why React does't compare Previous State and New State before re rendering? Why it always render when setState is called?
- Keeping sticky positioning behaviour when sticky elements are inside a container (because of React having to render a single parent element)
- Why does React throw an error when setState method used in a class constructor?
- How to not use setState inside render function in React
- React - this.state is null inside render when getting data from API
- React Hooks API call - does it have to be inside useEffect?
- Why does react call render function if I have not changed the reference of the state?
- React: How to call react hooks inside the event handler?
- Call a React component inside a function, when a button is clicked
- React - setState not re-rendering page when Axios call in separate component
- React - Render Item inside map function by click event
- Assignments to the 'timeInterval' variable from inside React Hook useEffect will be lost after each render
More Query from same tag
- Setup react route to use URL parameters and props' function
- How to change the material-ui-pickers time-picker timezone?
- How to Redirect back to my website after transaction ends on Razorpay . Note: if "redirect=true" is passed as an option
- When testing a React component with Enzyme is it better to use simulate or to call the method directly on the instance()?
- How to Update Navigate State without Leaving Current Location?
- How to adjust the onClick event of react.children when child is a react component not a DOM element
- Unable to deploy React JS application on Azure App service
- Nested Switches with Siblings in react-router
- How can I shuffle an array of objects on page render and map over the shuffled array without console warning of "two children with the same key"?
- Serve translations using react-intl
- Programmatically navigate using React router
- Referencing DOM Elements with React Hooks
- I want to remove cookies when the browser is closed but keep them while navigating between pages. How to do that?
- Video Caption keeps lapping into the Video
- how to get data from react-meteor-data container only when it's ready?
- React js state update issue
- How to show street numbers over the colored polygon in google maps?
- How can I get rid of my "@types/react/index" can only be default-imported using 'esModuleInterp' flag lint in React/TypeScript
- How to prevent this React JS Class Component setState error?
- React Redux connect is not assignable to type '() => void' with typescript
- Writing a program in react when mouseover on parent element add child element to coressponding parent element
- webpage is receiving css file but not implementing it
- i can't setState with dynamic key name in typescript
- Unable to obtain correct parameter for React JSX action
- make hover popup opaque in react css
- How do I redirect to a new component after form onSubmit?
- Embedding Reactjs in Remote Site iFrame
- Send an Email Using React.js + Express.js
- react router 6 route params
- Drag and Drop in React.js. How to pass custom react component in setDragImage