Any native event handlers will fire before React event handlers.
This is how React works with events:
- It listens to events at the top-level and converts them to Synthetic Events
- Puts them in a pool to maintain order
- Dispatches to React components
Because of this, order is maintained within the React ecosystem but out of order relative to the rest.
As explained in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRo_egw7tBc
And vaguely described in the docs: https://facebook.github.io/react/docs/events.html#event-pooling
- Event propagation with React bubbling out of order
- Cancel wheel event with e.preventDefault in react event bubbling
- Deeper understanding of React event bubbling / propagation and state management
- How to Stop Click Event Bubbling With e.stopPropagation() in React
- Adding animated effect of fading out with react after a click event to change background color
- How can I prevent event bubbling in nested React components on click?
- React onClick - pass event with parameter
- Wrong React hooks behaviour with event listener
- Updating a React Input text field with the value on onBlur event
- React - ul with onBlur event is preventing onClick from firing on li
- Add onClick event to a group element (svg) with react
- How to mock out sub-components when unit testing a React component with Jest
- React event handlers with Typescript and JSX
- Higher order FRP with React - why is it not happening?
- React and jQuery event handler's fired in wrong order
- Using transitionend event listener with react to create a transition
- How to replace a component with another one upon event (button click) in react js
- How to achieve re-useable components with React and mouse event propagation?
- Using debouncer with React event
- How to add click event with React createElement
- React: Stop click event propagation when using mixed React and DOM events
- React / span with onClick event not in tag
- React click event bubbling "sideways", not just "up"
- How to use Turborepo for an existing react app created with Create React App in order to make it a monorepo?
- Using React Hooks, why are my event handlers firing with the incorrect state?
- onKeyDown Event in React with TypeScript
- React Router Link reloading page : Conflict with external event
- Generated snapshot with jest-styled-components out of order in different environments
- How to test a click event with enzyme in a React component's dangerouslySetInnerHTML content
- Dynamic object key with Typescript in React event handler
More Query from same tag
- Rotate a MUI LinearProgress
- How to pass variables to a function reference?
- How can I delete the item if it is stored as an array in reactjs?
- React app set proxy not working with docker compose
- How to change react element (li) with onClick to be strikethrough?
- React Native 0.60.3 babel-plugin-transform-remove-console not working
- Webpack not detecing proxy for local development
- when to use this.props.children and why
- How to find the rgb color of pixel under mouse hover in MapboxGL Js?
- fetch, axios not return data timely in reactjs
- Axios call stops a transition
- How to handle not found 404 for dynamic routes in Next.js which is calling API?
- Why .btn-primary class is being applied even though not used at all?
- How to export one file to NodeJS and ReactJS?
- How can I make typescript compile only needed files?
- How does ReactJS prop binding work?
- Change parent state from child component doesn't work
- Enzyme/Jest test for useEffect()
- Jest test handleDropdownChange
- Confused between the difference between JSX.Element vs React.Component and when to use them with React-dom-router
- Passing state from one React Component to another
- react bootstrap readonly input within formcontrol
- React test for prop method
- How to remove event callback with parameters
- How to properly type React.Children and React.cloneElement?
- React infinite update loop with useCallback (react-hooks/exhaustive-deps)
- How to make prop mandatory based on another prop being passed
- React : Link to PDF which is in my project folder
- 415 (Unsupported Media Type) with REST Post request