I am also stuck with the same problem because I installed the latest version of Node.js (v17.0.1).
Just go for
node.js v14.18.1 and remove the latest version just use the stable version v14.18.1
nvm uninstall <version>
nvm uninstall v17.0.1
then install the
LTS one which is
nvm install --lts
This worked for me.
Uninstalling the current Node.js and installing LTS solves the problem, but if you want to keep the currently installed version, you could use
nvs add lts to install the latest Node.js LTS, and activate it using
nvs use node/<lts version>/<platform>. The LTS version and Platform values will be provided in the first command output.
I don't get why @AnmolNoor wants you to uninstall version 17.
The proper way:
Make sure you have
nvm(https://github.com/nvm-sh/nvm). If you don't, I highly recommend installing it.
If the version is 17, this might be the reason for the error (as it was in my case)
nvm install 14. After installing is complete, it should also switch your node version to 14.
Check the version
node --versionjust in case. If you still see 17, run
nvm use 14
node --version should now be 14.
Note: Every time you close the current terminal tab, your default node version will return back to 17 unless you change this.
Next time you have to switch node version to 14, you don't have to install it again, just run
nvm use 14
I had the same problem 5 minutes ago, which is strange because it was working, but anyway, in my case the problem was in version 3.0 of the package "resolve-url-loader", after upgrading to version 5.0, everything has been resolved.
npm i resolve-url-loader@^5.0.0 --save-dev
If you have this package and node 17+, try to update it to the latest version, outdated versions cause problems like this.
If you hit an error in your application with Node.js 17, it’s likely that your application or a module you’re using is attempting to use an algorithm or key size which is no longer allowed by default with OpenSSL 3.0. A command-line option, , has been added to revert to the legacy provider as a temporary workaround for these tightened restrictions.ERR_OSSL_EVP_UNSUPPORTED--openssl-legacy-provider
For details about all the features in OpenSSL 3.0 please see the OpenSSL 3.0 release blog.
If you use yarn you can:
rm -rf node_modules yarn.lock yarn add -D react-scripts@latest yarn build
rm -rf node_modules package-lock.json npm install -D react-scripts@latest npm install npm run build
I faced similar issue and it was due to node version v17.1.0.
I have nvm with 3 different versions of node installed. Just switched to version v14.18.1 using nvm and the issue resolved.
I was receiving Error [ERR_PACKAGE_PATH_NOT_EXPORTED]: Package subpath './lib/parser' is not defined by "exports" in ...node_modules\next\node_modules\postcss\package.json
I have resolved it on node version 17.4.0 after I upgraded react, and nextjs using:
npm install react@latest react-dom@latest npm install next@12
Remove node_module & package-lock.json
( in install if you get error as to use
--legacy-peer-deps the command as
`npm install --legacy-peer-deps`
An update to the latest version of "react-scripts" have been worked for me! Previous "react-scripts" version was 4.0.3 and I've updated to 5.0.0. Node version is 17.0.1.
After removing node_modules & package-lock.json, I ran
npm audit fix --force
& updated react-scripts to the latest available version with
npm install react-scripts@latest
I just did:
npm update npm start
worked for me.
I also get the error when using Node.js v17.0.1 (Lates Features) - I am using macOS Catalina and homebrew.
So I want to switch Node.js v17.0.1 to Node.js (LTS) -> Node.js v16.3.1
I uninstall node using homebrew with the following command:
brew uninstall node
Then I download Node LTS from https://nodejs.org/en/ and install it.
That is work for me. Thanks :)
removing and reinstalling lock and node modules didn't help but
npm update worked for me
Roll back to Node
16.8.0 or (works for me) stable version
Step 1: install n
npm install -g n
Step 2: install/set node latest stable version
sudo n stable
or set 16.8.0
sudo n 16.8.0
Note, if you can't or don't want to use sudo for n, you can set environment variables for the location, eg;
export N_PREFIX=$HOME/.n export PATH=$N_PREFIX/bin:$PATH
my working solution was with yarn:
- then reinstalled my deleted packages/file using
it worked !!!
FWIW, I bumped into this issue on macOS Monterey with Node 17.0.1 installed via Homebrew. Downgrading to Node 16.x worked for me.
Downgrade from Node 17.x (latest) to Node 16.x using Homebrew:
brew uninstall --ignore-dependencies node brew install node@16 brew link node@16
Remove node_modules folder and .lock file and re-install your packages (yarn or npm). It worked for me with last 17.0.1 of nodejs, I can npm (or yarn) start my app again.
- Firebase web 9.0.1 error Package path . is not exported
- Error [ERR_PACKAGE_PATH_NOT_EXPORTED]: Package subpath './lib/tokenize' is not defined by "exports" in the package.json of a module in node_modules
- Module not found: Error: Package path . is not exported from package
- Module not found: Error: Package path ./react/swiper-react is not exported from package
- Module not found: Error: Package path ./client is not exported from package
- Module not found: Error: Package path ./v4 is not exported from package
- Module not found: Error: Package path . is not exported from package react
- Cannot import firebase into react.js project. "Module not found: Error: Package path . is not exported from package"
- unable to run swiperjs in next js. Module not found: Package path ./swiper.scss is not exported from package
- Module not found error: package path ./cjs/react.development is not exported from package
- Error [ERR_PACKAGE_PATH_NOT_EXPORTED]: Package subpath './lib/tokenize' is not defined by "exports" in /app/node_modules/postcss-safe-parser
- How to fix the error 'alpha' is not exported from '@material-ui/core/styles' when using Skeleton in Material UI
- Trying to fix "Could not find a declaration file for module" from aws-appsync lib cause another error
- Vercel: ERROR Error: The package "esbuild-linux-64" could not be found, and is needed by esbuild
- Getting error when try to use React Router v6: Attempted import error: 'Action' is not exported from 'history'
- Attempted import error : 'createLocation' is not exported from 'history'
- snowpack Package "abstracts/variables" not found. Have you installed it? getting this error while running npm start
- Faced this error while using React-Hook-Form and YupResolver: Attempted import error: 'set' is not exported from 'react-hook-form' (imported as 'o')
- Nextjs Module not found: Package path Swiper scss
- Why am I getting the error "'CSS3DObject' is not exported from 'three'"?
- Attempted import error : 'required' is not exported from 'yup'
- React JS FSLightbox Package Images load path Error
- How to resolve rollup build error when using emotion: 'default' is not exported by @emotion\memoize\dist\memoize.cjs.js
- I'm Trying to Inject An NPM package As A Plugin on A Next.js App to Avoid A "Module not found: Can't resolve 'child_process'" Error
- When I install any npm package in window this error occur and can not install package properly
- Received error Attempted import error: 'NotificationsNoneIcon' is not exported from '@material-ui/icons'
- error Attempted import error: 'NotificationsNoneIcon' is not exported from '@material-ui/icons'
- Error occurred prerendering page "/404" and Error for page /_error: pages with `getServerSideProps` can not be exported
- React: "Module not found: Can't resolve" Path error
- ERROR path is not defined ReferenceError: path is not defined gatsby-node.js
More Query from same tag
- how to get Unique values of each column in Mongodb queryset using nodejs
- passing and displaying array of objects in react js
- Do forms in React have bad performance?
- Expected an assignment or function call and instead saw an expression react router
- How to highlight most frequent character in the text from texarea using reactjs?
- What's the difference between ListView and FlatList?
- React.js + Flux - Init data objects in stores properly
- Reach child does not update when state changes
- Alignment with React-Bootstrap
- Webdriver-io Component not found after route navigation
- Reasons for using svelte js
- Please ensure that your service worker file contains the following:/(const precacheManifest =)\[\](;)/
- React + Redux: Separating the presentation from the data
- Trigger useEffect in Jest and Enzyme testing
- Rails Country_Select Gem In ReactJs
- react-virtualized list item does not re-render with changed props until I scroll
- How to Reset a form When I click submit Button I React using React hooks
- REACT - How to add comma separator to integer value in Mui-Datatables
- Unable to Append new Child Components in react
- How can I refer to another react component?
- unexpected token using es6 map()
- Element with two classes under className
- Importing all files from a folder in react
- Creating a Redux Observable Epic with multiple API Calls - Passing the results of the first into the second
- Annyang in react - Best practices
- is there a way to filter an array of objects based on multiple checkbox values on checked change
- How to include Attach File option in react-draft-wysiwyg?
- Applying box-shadow on <Grid> in Material UI
- Axios result undefined inside render() method in React
- How to force Apollo Client to use cached data for detail view page