getByText looks by text content.
value attribute is not text content but just one of attributes. So it will not find input by this approach.
Also it's kind of not idiomatic to search by thing you are going to assert for. Better find element by it's static properties and then check for dynamic value:
PS To be more "RTL-approach" I'd also suggest to use
getByPlaceholderText instead of
- Error: Unable to find an element with the text when I try a test with Jest in React
- Unable to find an element with the text: "myText" error when using react-testing-library
- Unable to find an element with the placeholder text "Search..." reactjs jest
- React test unable to find an element mocked with jest
- Failing test (testing-library/react): Unable to find an element with the text:
- React Testing Library - Unable to find the element with data-testid
- Unable to test post methods with Jest due to error can not read mockImplementation of undefined
- react native Unable to find an element with the testID
- Error when run the test "Cannot find module "
- What is the proper way to escape quotes and slashes when running a Jest test with --collectCoverageFrom from Powershell via npm scripts?
- How to correctly create a test in ReactJs with Jest when the function uses an if statement
- when i try to run the project with library @google/model-viewer by npm start i get this error
- Unable to find an element with the text: For your shared interests
- integration test for axios fetching, and it fails when I apply the `done` as callback in the `it` function with jest
- Jest Enzyme test error :Could not find "store" in the context of "Connect(App)"
- Unable to find an accessible element with the role "generic"
- Jest Snapshot test returns an error looking for the file with a .ts extension though the test file is a .tsx
- am building the facebook gif post project, when i click on the gif it has to dispaly in the text area. But am stuck with type error post.map is nt fun
- How do you test for the non-existence of an element using jest and react-testing-library?
- How to test a className with the Jest and React testing library
- Jest gives `Cannot find module` when importing components with absolute paths
- Cannot find namespace 'ctx' error when creating Context with react - typescript
- Getting an error "A non-serializable value was detected in the state" when using redux toolkit - but NOT with normal redux
- How to test if a component is rendered with the right props when using react-testing-library?
- Syntax Error when test component with SASS file imported
- got Can't resolve 'react/jsx-runtime' error while use try to create the shared component with storybook in react-typescript
- 'A valid React element (or null) must be returned' error with one of the component in ReactJS
- Find component by display name when the component is stateless functional, with Enzyme
- mock useDispatch in jest and test the params with using that dispatch action in functional component
- wrapper.find with id in enzyme and jest doesn't find element
More Query from same tag
- React.js, Is `DOMContentLoaded` equal with `componentDidMount`?
- How to abort submit of <button> tag without "type" attribute?
- Sizing canvas element in React
- Cannot understand source of React Redux 'Actions must be plain objects.'
- Why ReactJs form's input prefilled with value on load doesn't allow to update it anymore
- ReactJS and autofocus
- How to destruct object in reducer (REACT)
- Is some plugin or best practice for Gatsby to the creation of each build with a different language?
- framer-motion: How do you share different animations between parent and child components?
- React cannot read property map of undefined
- SecurityError: localStorage is not available for opaque origins with new testEnvironmentOptions.url option
- should I use state in addling a new component on click React?
- How to call a component function on other component, but from the other component ? React
- How to switch multiple react components on same page
- React not responsing to passed parameter variable
- Redux state is not updated at time that i acces it
- React Form Not Displaying in Browser
- How do I set up WordPress and WooCommerce API so that I won't get CORS error when posting?
- making a dropdown menu from react state
- add a counter of the length of documents of a collection in firebase
- Jquery mouseenter and mouseleave is deprecated in Next.js, Tailwind
- My event onClick in my map does not work. Very strange behavior
- "POST http://localhost:5000 net err failed"
- Upload File to firebase storage and get URL to save in a database in react
- how index is working in a function using react
- React JSON problem, iterate for a each key of a JSON Object
- Attempted import error: 'Switch' is not exported from 'react-router'
- Why can anyone access my api deployed on heroku and how do i prevent it?
- React js using create-app how to set X-FRAME-OPTIONS on webpack
- Django session authentication and Axios POST signals