This is not really an issue of specific LINQ extension method, but how optional parameters are handled for
Actions, in short - they are not, they are considered a regular parameter and default value is omitted when selecting a corresponding
Action signature. Take a look here Optional Parameters, No overload for 'Employee' matches delegate 'System.Func<Employee> or here Invoke Func<T1, T2, T3> which has optional parameters?.
In other words, your
MyFunc cannot be used as
Func<string, string>, you must use
Func<string, int, string>, which in case of
Select happens to be present as an overload with index added.
- Linq .Select() / .SelectMany() automatically uses second, optional parameter
- LINQ union with optional null second parameter
- Linq two select statements, second one uses first ones result,
- Linq code to select one item
- How are people unit testing code that uses Linq to SQL
- LINQ Source Code Available
- Is Select optional in a LINQ statement?
- Linq Select method with a method as a parameter with two parameters
- LINQ select new model without need of typing every parameter
- how to pass optional parameter in linq where condition
- linq to entities if filter parameter is null then select all entities?
- creating Linq to sqlite dbml from DbLinq source code
- LINQ Select with join and optional where
- Dynamic "Not" by parameter in LINQ (Or any other code for that matter)
- Avoiding duplicate code in Linq Select method
- Linq select query that uses prior property in calculated field
- How to get PEX to automatically generate inputs for code involving LINQ
- How to Select top (5) contributors group by Business type code in c# linq query
- Avoiding repeating code with Linq query + optional params
- Convert code that uses Linq to code that does not
- LinQ select an object with a list as parameter
- source code for LINQ 101 samples
- Linq Select and SelectMany performing joins
- How to write aggregate query in LINQ reusing part of the select code
- MVC LINQ SELECT ALL when parameter is empty
- Code First Entity Framework, select ViewModel - constructor with parameter
- Adding a second query inside the SELECT of a LINQ to Entities query gives Not Recognized Method error
- Linq query to select an item, with a parameter in a collection
- How to refactor a MongoDB .NET LINQ Query that uses a static method in a select statement
- Adding optional where parameter to query based linq query
More Query from same tag
- How can you set an entire object using LINQ to SQL?
- XML Parsing with linq
- How to validate a dropdownlist element with client side validation using MVC?
- unable to query child properties in OData with Web Api
- apply a collection of courses to a collection of students
- Using LINQ to generate a random size collection filled with random numbers
- Port this from WP7 to Windows 8
- linq c# object ToDictionary
- Using LINQ to Calculate Depreciation
- C# LINQ to SQL 2 Joins
- How to get minimum unused number from a column in Oracle and Linq?
- Flatten Expression Tree
- C# Convert a long string in format "Table.Col [,Table.Col]" to Dictionary<string,string>
- Debug innards of IEnumerable<T>.Join()
- c# list from an array via LINQ + condition
- Handling null returns in new linq objects c#
- SQL generated by Entity Framework is missing a join
- How to select objects with highest value of Property A, grouped by Property B?
- Creating an anoymous object in a class for linq query in C#
- LINQ to Get Closest Value?
- Trimming value and text from SelectItemList using Linq
- C# Dictionary Map
- How do you convert a List of object to a one dimensional array?
- LINQ - querying top 5 with rank number
- Make CSV from list of string in LINQ
- Group by Aggregate functions in LINQ
- C# LINQ filter the List of tuple with given List
- What's the convention for extending Linq datacontext with set based helper operations specific to one collection of entities only
- Converting C# Expression Parsing to F#
- Select Data based on related data exist