- XML Schemas
in this order. These are not required to learn LINQ to XML, but can provide a good background on what to do with XML documents.
It all depends on how much you want to learn and the reason you want to learn it.
For me, I've gotten pretty far just by knowing a few of the following with LINQ:
XDocument XElement("ThisChildElement").Value XElements() XElements().InsertLinqCommandHere
When using XML as a way to store data, learning the basics of XML and LINQ to XML will take you a long way. I started by learning the very basics of how an XML document is structured and how to pull data out of an XML document using LINQ. Personally, I plan to add other concepts as necessary if I get into more advanced stuff.
Everything you wrote will help you, but you missed an important one, I guess it's not there cause it's not XML related, but it'll help you a lot to know SQL.
I agree with Ben's answer. None of those are prerequisites for learning LINQ to XML.
Jump in and start working with LINQ to XML and pick up those other things when you find a need for them.
With LINQ to XML you probably won't need XPath or XML readers or writers. I learned those before working with LINQ to XML because that's all that existed at the time. LINQ to XML is much simpler and should be easier to learn.
I'd like to know XSLT, but haven't had the time or real need to learn it.
You didn't mention which language you use. LINQ to XML is one area where VB.NET provides more richness than C# does. If you're curious what it looks like in VB.NET, there is a great set of "How Do I" videos by Beth Massi on LINQ in general with a few good ones covering LINQ to XML and XML Literals.
- What XML related technologies I should know before learning LINQ to XML?
- What Should I know to underestand LINQ better?
- Linq Find Partial Text Match - Included code returns duplicate and everything except what it should
- .NET and Hadoop - What should I know / learn and what is available?
- How does a LINQ expression know that Where() comes before Select()?
- LINQ Source Code Available
- At what point is a LINQ data source determined?
- creating Linq to sqlite dbml from DbLinq source code
- How do I know what does EF translate Linq queries into?
- What LINQ operation related to Paging could be slowing down my query?
- What is LINQ hosting and should I care?
- What should be the right practice to handle duplicate linq queries to Database?
- What design pattern should I use to create an easy binding map between a query and textboxes for Linq search screens?
- Linq to entities does not know what .Date operator is
- source code for LINQ 101 samples
- What SQL query or LINQ code would get the following data?
- What methods should I override to use LINQ Where, Find?
- What is this linq code doing? Summarize something?
- What is the best practice for querying related tables using LINQ given the following example?
- What is the event handler equivilent to the LINQ code used here
- Implicit operators, Linq and Lambda expressions can make code less readable. But what is more readable?
- c# Linq or code to extract groups from a single list of source data
- What would be the Linq code for this grouping using VB.NET 2008?
- What should be the return type when writing Linq query for selecting specific columns?
- What does LINQ return when the results are empty
- Convert string to int in one line of code using LINQ
- Code equivalent to the 'let' keyword in chained LINQ extension method calls
- Learning about LINQ
- LINQ order by null column where order is ascending and nulls should be last
- What is the difference between LINQ ToDictionary and ToLookup
- Refactoring C# code - doing more within Linq
- Unable to bind LINQ results to drop down
- How to order a nested Linq object via orderBy
- Problem referring to members of an anonymous type in linq
- LINQ to PostgreSQL errors when using DbLINQ
- C# Linq Weighted Average Based on Date
- Display filename using Directory.EnumerateFiles
- Linq caching data values - major concurrency problem?
- Join using LINQ between two tables, return records from only one of them
- LINQ and converting int? to int
- Linq to Compare two datatables and Filter data
- Why do I get a Unable to cast object of type 'WhereSelectEnumerableIterator for the following code?
- Group By and Sum In LINQ query with Join
- Am I understanding Predicates correctly in regards to LINQ
- Linq get data as quaternary packs
- Sharepoint - LINQ vs Direct SPQuery
- Correctly using .AsParallel() efficiently with linq
- XMLDocument: Read XDocument and put contents into other XDocument (LINQ)(C#)
- How to filter based on the previous filtering