I use LINQBridge because we have some PCs here that our users use that are on Win2k, so no .net 3.5 support. I find that the IEnumberable stuff is excellent, and its performance is on par with Microsoft. It is missing the entire IQueryable thing, though, and I don't think it has the XElement stuff or the LINQ-TO-SQL stuff.
Sheer size? Even at 200mb, does it really matter? Put it on once and get happy.
Having to install 200mb across 500+ computers (as we would have to do here) is a royal pain.
You can use ASUS to help spam it across, but 200MB is still alot of space.
That being said, Yes. It has made us stop and re-consider whether we move to 3.5 or continue writing everything in 2.0. At this point, we are writing most things in 2.0, and we are distributing 3.5 to machines as-needed for the one-off projects where we do use 3.5 for.
When we have a good user base of 3.5 implemented and the older machines (with the smaller drives) have been replaced by attrition, then we will probably move completely to the 3.5 framework.
By then, MS will probably have 5.0, but hey.. we're moving forward. =)
As for LinqBridge... no. If I'm going to code with Linq, I'm going to do it right, not half-and-half.
- LINQ Source Code Available
- .NET 4 Code Contracts: "requires unproven: source != null"
- creating Linq to sqlite dbml from DbLinq source code
- source code for LINQ 101 samples
- List or Array of String Contain specific word in Html Source Code
- c# Linq or code to extract groups from a single list of source data
- Creating Users and Roles while seeding DB using EF code first
- Convert string to int in one line of code using LINQ
- Code equivalent to the 'let' keyword in chained LINQ extension method calls
- Value cannot be null. Parameter name: source
- Linq code to select one item
- C# - code to order by a property using the property name as a string
- How do I find the text within a div in the source of a web page using C#
- Roslyn failed to compile code
- Entity-framework code is slow when using Include() many times
- The data source does not support server-side data paging
- How are people unit testing code that uses Linq to SQL
- Entity Framework, Code First and Full Text Search
- What does this C# code with an "arrow" mean and how is it called?
- How to resolve Value cannot be null. Parameter name: source in linq?
- The source contains no DataRows
- Could not find an implementation of the query pattern for source type 'System.Data.Entity.DbSet'
- How to count the number of code lines in a C# solution, without comments and empty lines, and other redundant stuff, etc?
- Is there an IEnumerable implementation that only iterates over it's source (e.g. LINQ) once?
- Entity Framework 6 Code First Custom Functions
- LINQ query to perform a projection, skipping or wrapping exceptions where source throws on IEnumerable.GetNext()
- Is it possible to express this code in LINQ?
- I am wondering about the state of connection and impact on code performance by 'yield' while iterating over data reader object
- This code returns distinct values. However, what I want is to return a strongly typed collection as opposed to an anonymous type
- Syntax to execute code block inside Linq query?
- Flatten results from hierachical XML file using Linq to XML
- Linq Query To Combine 2 Lists
- Order by date in different directions
- Dynamic query with LINQ won't work
- Anonymous Types in a repeater - Eval? Dynamic?
- Using Linq to GroupBy and Sum datatable
- LINQ: multiple levels
- How to create ActionResults for Search and Result, cannot figure out
- Is it possible to OrderBy a List after a certain element?
- Compare two datatables and draw those that differ into new DataTable efficiently
- Perform Join in linq
- JQuery Datatables Server Side Processing and Filter
- Linq expression not supported
- StringBuilder within IEnumerable
- How can I rearrange list indexing
- Query string properties stored as XML
- Multiple "order by" in LINQ
- Using query expressions for Unicode strings with LINQ
- Getting Empty Row while using Left Join in EF
- How to remove lines from file1 that exist in file2 in C#