Your code is right, try to create directory with console and MKDIR, it will work. If you create a directory from Explorer its first created as "New folder" and then renamed.
From Microsoft web: copy and paste is interpreteds as rename https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.io.filesystemwatcher.notifyfilter?view=netframework-4.8
The operating system and FileSystemWatcher object interpret a cut-and-paste action or a move action as a rename action for a folder and its contents
From the same docu, events can raise multipletimes:
Common file system operations might raise more than one event. For example, when a file is moved from one directory to another, several OnChanged and some OnCreated and OnDeleted events might be raised.
- C# File System Watchers is only keeping count of Copied files
- How to count number of similar name files in one Folder in File System using c#?
- Directory.GetFiles() but only include files with a specific content (for e.g. "my file contents") using C#
- Using c# GetFiles Length but only count the files with certain amount of chars in filename
- How to count the number of code lines in a C# solution, without comments and empty lines, and other redundant stuff, etc?
- Is there an IEnumerable implementation that only iterates over it's source (e.g. LINQ) once?
- What is the fastest way of deleting files in a directory? (Except specific file extension)
- Recursively delete files from a Directory but keeping the dir structure intact
- How to sort files by date in file name using c#?
- LINQ Source Code Available
- Count the number of children in my JSON file using JSON.NET with LINQ
- Count of files in C# with LINQ
- prevent unnecessary cross joins in count query of generated sql code
- .NET 4 Code Contracts: "requires unproven: source != null"
- C# .Net 3.5 Code to replace a file extension using LINQ
- Query File System Info Dynamically using LINQ
- creating Linq to sqlite dbml from DbLinq source code
- How to count rows in a table in an html file C#
- Adding relations in code only
- return only objects with count more than X
- c# LINQ: Filter List of Files based on File Size
- EF 4.0 make batch query to get count of resultset but return only top 5 records
- How to count occurences of number stored in file containing multiple delimeters?
- LINQ Query to count only certain values
- Why are stored procedures, functions, and views put into a .dbml file instead of the code file?
- Only parse xml file if a certain element exists under a given parent element
- get distinct count of substring of file name
- Count the number of Files modified in the last hour using linq
- Linq to file system to get last created file in each sub folders
- linq count group only if all items in group are 'true'
More Query from same tag
- Linq to remove string from list
- Group by variable integer range using Linq
- How to filter base class collection based on a derived class field?
- IGrouping <int, Customer> does not contain a definition for Points etc
- Usinq Linq to get rows based on comma-separated value
- Queries generated by group by vs group join
- How to segregate data into different buckets using LINQ in VB.NET?
- How do I query this JSON string using LINQ?
- Removing elements with Except
- Linq - Dynamic Condition
- How Is It Possible For a Group By To Return a Duplicate Key?
- Performing two queries in a single round trip to the database
- Which IEnumerable To a List way is better?
- Performance issue with linq query
- How to get average based on list of Ids in entity framework
- DistinctBy not recognized as method
- Directory and subdirectory Filter in Linq
- Xamarin Workbooks: Use of namespaces
- LinqToSql Sub Entiity Multiple And Operators
- Select duplicate rows across multiple columns with LINQ
- Use of SelectMany
- ASP.NET MVC and Linq, when to use?
- Include null cells in Linq query from DB in C# code
- how to consume a linq store expression?
- Infinite IEnumerable in a foreach loop
- How to use Expression for Linq union and intersect?
- C# casting back to var type?
- C# - Return generic type as IEnumerable
- Compare two strings and check the changed value in a contain range
- Why CAML doesn't return all Fields/values from sharepoint List?