you can do this using nhibernate, since it supports ms access as a backend. here are the details of using nhibernate with ms access. it uses nhibernate.jetdriver.dll to access the jet data engine (ms access).
just realize that ms access isn't going to give you the same performance/support/etc as most other db backends with an orm.
i just answered my own question...
i can just establish the odbc connection in server explorer, and drag the tables straight into a predefined dataset and use a tableadapter.fill()
the dll for using nhibernate to acccess seems to be on sourceforge (just googling, not checking)
if you are just querying access, it might be worth defining views in a relationnal database this way you will have a solution for using a form of cache/snapshot later on(for example by converting your views into table that you refresh each hour/ 5min. etc depending on your expectations) if the performance degrade too much.
- Best way to do ORM with Access DB as datasource
- Best way to query XDocument with LINQ?
- Best way to use LINQ to Entities with a Collection Property
- Best way to handle redundant code that has repeated logic?
- Code Cleanup: Best way to split long statement over multiple lines
- What is the best way to sort a List of objects with a start value?
- Is there any way to make Code Contracts work with LINQ?
- What is the best way to order a list by numeric field and put objects with value of 0 at the bottom?
- Best way to offset an enumerable with itself
- What's the best way to copy and insert data from related tables into a new set of related tables with Linq
- Best way to get range from 1 to n-1 with linq
- Best way to add null value to IEnumerable as First Record with an example
- Best way to write Dynamic Query with dynamic result with Linq or Expression Tree
- Any way to access to a variable of type "var", defined in code behind, from aspx file?
- How best to implement a login system in VB.NET using LINQ to compare information with an Access table?
- Best way to return a list of a particular property from a list with objects
- Is there a better way to achieve this with Linq or a better code
- Best way to simplify boolean check in c# with a lot of different possibilities
- What's The Best Way To Remove Duplicate Rows Based On A Row Item In A DataTable With VB.Net?
- Best way to convert list data to another with a desired format in c# using LINQ
- Best way to find if a value is present in the array, and if so execute code
- Performance wise what is the best way to compare 2 DataTables with approximate 1000 records?
- How can I bind a query with a join to a GridView, with a Linq datasource with a business layer and data access layer
- Best way to copy Data from one DataTable to another DataTable with diffrent structure
- Best way to compare two classes (Users and Holidays) and create a list of Users who have not created an instance of the Holiday class with LINQ
- Best way to add unknown number of columns to Datatable and populate with data?
- Best way to Access data from two databases in linq
- Best way to compare 3 lists with different types of data
- Easier way to populate a list with integers in .NET
- Best way to remove multiple items matching a predicate from a .NET Dictionary?
More Query from same tag
- C# Linq - Order an IEnumerable based off the order of another IEnumerable's items
- LINQ to Entities conflict with culture
- Is this LINQable?
- how to use linq table as parameter?
- C# LINQ use linq query write double for loop function
- GC collections when creating Enumerator from List<T> and IList<T>
- Split, convert to number then join back to string in linq c#
- Finding header value in xml
- String or binary data would be truncated in Linq
- Comparing count of multiple lists of multiple types?
- checkboxes list status with linq
- LINQ - how to sort by date
- how to filter list in c# using linq
- Linq takes more than 20 seconds to query a table with less than 100 records
- Sort elements of an Array in a Linq query?
- Linq to entities navigation properties
- Return non-aggregates along with aggregates in Linq select
- How to use LINQ select in one column with condition
- Check to see if a list contains more than one specified value
- Better way to remove characters that aren't ASCII 32 to 175 C#
- Ling Query on DataTable with single dynamic Where Clause
- System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String] instead of data
- LINQ performance FAQ
- weird result when using linq to set value
- Using a cartesian product in LINQ and Entity framework to combine 3 tables
- How can Entity Framework queries be reused (using methods)?
- C# comparing two large lists of items by a specific property
- How to Cast Linq Select Enumerable to preferred type in C#?
- LINQ - Join 3 tables with group by and sum
- entity .ToList() generates a System.OutOfMemoryException