You can sort by the index in the input array after using
var input = "2207,117,90,2168,120,118,113,112,17".Split(','); var recordIds = Array.ConvertAll(input, int.Parse); var styles = db.DataModel .Categories .Where(c => c.CategoryTypeID == 5 && c.Enabled && recordIds.Contains(c.ID)) .AsEnumerable() .OrderBy(c => Array.IndexOf(recordIds, c.ID)) .ToList();
Above assumes you want to load all
Category objects that have an ID that is contained in
recordIds. Once they are retrieved you order them by their index in the array.
You can use the comma-separated list filter hack:
...Where(c => ("," + myString + ",").IndexOf("," + c.CatgeoryID + ",") != -1)...
Using a similar technique, you can get them back in the same order:
...OrderBy (c => ("," + myString + ",").IndexOf("," + c.CategoryID + ","))...
If you don't want to use
Linq-to-objects you can do the following:
int ids = "2207,117,90,2168,120,118,113,112,17".Split(',').Select(x => int.Parse(x)).ToArray(); var styles = from c in db.DataModel.Categories join i in ids on c.ID equals i where c.CategoryTypeID == 5 && c.Enabled select x;
- Load Records From EF Data Model in Custom/Predefined Order Using LINQ
- Details' View with related data via LINQ using a custom model
- How to reinsert data from one table onto itself using LINQ in code migration?
- Load data from database to richtextbox in c# windows form using Linq
- How to convert the return type of the model data from Product entity to ProductViewModel objects using LINQ select?
- c# Linq or code to extract groups from a single list of source data
- how to fetch data from database using linq query for relationship 1:N and N:N (between 3 entity) in asp.net mvc EF code first?
- Data paging in linq without removing records from the data source
- How to eager load sibling data using LINQ to SQL?
- Using Linq on a Client Object model result from sharepoint
- Retrieving Data from database within the last 7 days using linq
- Extract data from a XML string using linq vs xmlDocument
- Using LINQ to delete an element from a ObservableCollection Source
- How does linq actually execute the code to retrieve data from the data source?
- LINQ - C# - Using lambda - Get a set of data from a Collection
- Start reading data from a specific row of excel using Linq in C#
- Delete all records from a database using LINQ to SQL
- Eliminate comma(,) from a column of a Data Table using LINQ
- Display data in hierarchical order using LINQ
- Read text data from file using LINQ
- using linq select from list data where
- Using a method vs. a property to retrieve data from a class using LINQ
- Conditional average using linq from qrouped data returns nothing
- Is a full list returned first and then filtered when using linq to sql to filter data from a database or just the filtered list?
- creating Linq to sqlite dbml from DbLinq source code
- Fetch data From Two tables using Linq
- Pull data from multiple tables in one SQL query using LINQ and Entity Framework (Core)
- get parent name and child count from model using LINQ
- read icollection data using LINQ in C# code
- Import Data from Excel to SQL Server DB using LINQ to Excel
- How to work inline with custom IEqualityComparer<T> parameters
- Retrieving xml parts uing Linq to XML
- How To Get All Tweets on Hashtag using LinqToTwitter
- Linq join that accepts null values
- How to Check or Uncheck a Checkbox in Datagridview based on existing data record from Table
- Can I use the orderby linq keyword with a comparer?
- What is the difference between Converting and Unboxing?
- how to run linq on XxmlElement rather than XElement in C#
- LINQ join query with relational entities
- using linq-like expression in angular ng-show
- Get chained property names from MemberExpression
- Linq Group by and get all values for a specific string rule returning all columns
- Min tuple in IGrouping of tuples
- Don't order by attribute
- LINQ Union - string keep orderby
- LINQ Entity Framework sequence contains no elements
- Request values from query string
- Selecting only unique values from collection
- Query entry with distinct source?
- LINQ to SQL, condition on foreign entities