I would suggest you look at InterLINQ. It provides the ability to serialize an expression and transmit over WCF.
I'm using it with NHibernate to achieve a similar outcome to what you're describing and it seems to work well. (There's a bit to get your head around though, so as others have suggested, WCF Data Services / OData would be be quicker/easier).
Really, you have two options.
Don't pass general queries over the wire. The server should have a
GetProductsWithProductIdGreaterThanmethod that the client invokes.
Look at WCF Data Services.
The third option, the one your requesting, is just hard.= Even if you're extremely fluent in LINQ, WCF, and
Expression, it's still extremely difficult.
- Intercept the 'Expression' property of IQueryable Provider and gets its e-sql
- Execute expression on another IQueryable source
- IQueryable Where integer property expression usage?
- Entity Navigation Property IQueryable cannot be translated into a store expression
- ToPagedListAsync() - The provider for the source IQueryable doesn't implement IDbAsyncQueryProvider
- Retrieving Property name from lambda expression
- C# - code to order by a property using the property name as a string
- How to wrap Entity Framework to intercept the LINQ expression just before execution?
- LINQ Expression to return Property value?
- LinqKit System.InvalidCastException When Invoking method-provided expression on member property
- The Include path expression must refer to a navigation property defined on the type.in eager loading
- List vs IEnumerable vs IQueryable when defining Navigation property
- If I cast an IQueryable as an IEnumerable then call a Linq extension method, which implementation gets called?
- Using a LINQ ExpressionVisitor to replace primitive parameters with property references in a lambda expression
- How to convert PropertyInfo to property expression and use it to invoke generic method?
- Building an OrderBy Lambda expression based on child entity's property
- passing dynamic expression to order by in code first EF repository
- Creating expression tree for accessing a Generic type's property
- Using LINQ expression to assign to an object's property
- Best open source LINQ provider
- Creating a property selector Expression from a string
- LINQ multiple join IQueryable modify result selector expression
- Store multi-type OrderBy expression as a property
- How to reuse a linq expression for 'Where' when using multiple source tables
- refactoring LINQ IQueryable expression to remove duplicated portions of queries
- How to get property name from expression
- every Parameter object property that is not null, to be added to expression predicate as a condition
- Expression to get LINQ with Contains to EF for SQL IN() where on entities child's property equals value
- IQueryable for entities .Where( property is in local array)
- Dynamic LINQ Expression for sorting navigation property
- LINQ - GroupBy multiple columns and merge the result
- How to query in .NET EF Core with Linq?
- Object population with LINQ
- NTILE function equivalent in C#
- Client side query builder (jquery) to Entity Framework query
- Comparing two lists in C# ASP.NET MVC LINQ Entity Framework
- No Exists method so I want to use AsQueryable for defensive programming
- LINQ query to extract all answers that contain any keyword from a list
- What is the regex expression that will add some character after my match.Value
- Making sure my SQL query is correct
- Linq self-join query
- The member 'IdLogement' is not supported in the 'Where' Azure Mobile Services query
- LINQ with multiple columns and operations
- How do I write a LINQ Expression Tree that filters on a method of a property?
- Linq select top 1 name of a highest score group
- Is it possible to iterate between two specific objects?
- LINQ; how to get a record with max Id using join?
- Make a specific Sum<T>
- Extract expression from BlToolkit LINQ so it can be compiled
- c# Entity Framework select into derived child