The book "Pro ASP.NET MVC Framework" by Steven Sanderson is very good
The free eBook by Scott Guthrie was mentioned, but it's essentially the forward to "Professional ASP.NET MVC 1.0". I picked it up as a reference as I'd been messing with MVC since early Beta -- plus it's a good way to repay the guys that put so much work into it -- and I still managed to find a couple of good nuggets in it.
For Entity Framework itself, I don't know. Linq to SQL is NOT dead and I typically will use that or SubSonic when I'm doing the .NET work. That said, Microsoft has a link to EF resources on the MSDN site that might have what you're looking for.
With LINQ, you're on your own. I think the best way to learn anything is to actually sit down and do it. I found this especially true with LINQ.
Try and find blogs of guys that are doing the actual development of these frameworks and subscribe to the RSS feeds so you don't have to go visit all of the sites. Just immerse yourself in it and you should pick it up pretty quickly.
Also, nose around StackOverflow and read the tags people are posting. If there's not an answer, try and figure it out. As I said earlier, I believe the best way to learn is by doing and there's no better experience than solving real-world problems.
A reference ASP.NET MVC / Entity Framework 4.0 application available from http://dataguidance.codeplex.com/
ASP.NET MVC from MIX'09 Sessions
PDC 2008 Sessions for download
Micorosoft TechED Sessions (download)
You can also download the specific DVD that cover only MVC, Entity Framework and LINQ sessions. The complete size is 6.+ GB.
and few more:
ASP.NET MVC Podcast:
and some more link collection:
Deliciously delicious ASP.NET MVC
And at last but not least some useful text-based tutorials:
Migrating from Web Forms to ASP.NET MVC. Great Read!
ASP.NET Web-Tier explained! Must Read
- Posttorial: ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework and LINQ video tutorials - Including MIX09, PDC, TechED
- Behaviour when including the same field twice in entity framework linq
- SQL subquery result in LINQ and Entity Framework Code First
- Including a second query in Entity Framework LINQ Query
- Joining or Including multiple tables with Entity Framework Core LINQ to Entities - One to Many and then Many to One
- how to select data by linq in many-to-many relationship in First code Entity framework 5
- LINQ - Entity framework code first - Grouped results to custom class
- Does Linq in Entity Framework code first use SQL or does it get the whole table first?
- Entity Framework 4 and Linq to Entities specifications: How to code it?
- Getting InvalidCastException when trying to implement sorting in Entity Framework Code First using Linq
- c# WPF bind combobox to TPH in Entity Framework code first using LINQ
- Proper Linq Query for objects with many to many relation ship generated with code first entity framework
- Code First Entity Framework Linq Statement Returning Missing Records
- Entity Framework dynamic linq where from generic source with dynamic where clause
- Entity Framework Code Most First Efficient Linq Query
- Entity Framework Code First - The entity or complex type cannot be constructed in a LINQ to Entities query
- Entity framework linq query Include() multiple children entities
- How to avoid Query Plan re-compilation when using IEnumerable.Contains in Entity Framework LINQ queries?
- How can I do a Union all in Entity Framework LINQ To Entities?
- What are the Java equivalents to Linq and Entity Framework
- Should the order of LINQ query clauses affect Entity Framework performance?
- Distinct on Multiple Columns Entity Framework LINQ
- How to wrap Entity Framework to intercept the LINQ expression just before execution?
- Entity Framework Linq query: .Where chain vs &&
- The LINQ expression node type 'Invoke' is not supported in LINQ to Entities in entity framework
- Which LINQ statements force Entity Framework to return from the DB?
- Entity Framework with LINQ aggregate to concatenate string?
- Entity Framework 6 Code First Custom Functions
- Filtering include items in LINQ and Entity Framework
- Is an outer join possible with Linq to Entity Framework
- How to simplify multiple null checks in a lambda expression
- Condense event list with LINQ
- Error on implementing generic Repository for CRUD operations using Entity Framework
- MongoDB.Driver with Cosmos DB array searches
- Not able to return JsonResult
- Finding if value is between two columns in data table
- How to get records in EF that match a list of combinations (key/values)?
- LINQ merging 2 lists, keeping seqeunce and origin
- How to implement pivot data in Entity Framework?
- ASP.NET working with DB-forms using LINQ
- Get the next item in lambda expression
- How to rewrite this LINQ using join with lambda expressions?
- how to force sqlmetal to keep field name case?
- How do I refactor a common LINQ subquery into a method?
- Compact LINQ syntax for float ranges?
- Linq Group selection
- MVC error "requires ienumerable instead of list"
- What is an elegant LINQ way to IDictionary<TranslatorTags, IEnumerable<string>> to IDictionary<TranslatorTags, string>
- c# if else then statement with LINQ
- I need to query table for values in two duplicate columns