For your interviewer
string output = new String(input.Select(ch => ch == '2' ? '0' : ch).ToArray());
I think intend was to see if you understand that string could be treated as sequence of characters. Interviews often have questions not related to real-life programming. I personally hate questions about inheritance tree with
string strInput = "21212121"; char from = '2'; char to = '0'; var strOutput = new string(strInput.Select(c => c.Equals(from) ? to : c) .ToArray()); Console.WriteLine(strOutput);
For changing a single character you can use the overload of
Replace that takes
string s = "21212121"; s = s.Replace('2', '0');
This is likely to be slightly more efficient than the overload that accept strings.
If you absolutely have to use LINQ for some reason, then you can do this:
s = new string(s.Select(c => c == '2' ? '0' : c).ToArray());
But you shouldn't do this in production code. It's harder to read and less efficient than
Why you need to do it with LINQ, simple string.Replace should do the trick.
string str = "21212121".Replace("2","0");
EDIT: If you have to use LINQ then may be something like:
string newStr = new string(str.Select(r => (r == '2' ? '0' : r)).ToArray());
- How to replace a character in string using LINQ
- How to replace a particular string in c# using regex or linq
- How to replace some particular string in a list of type string using linq?
- How to remove characters from a string using LINQ
- string replace using Linq in c#
- How can I sort a string of text followed by a number using LINQ
- using LINQ how can i concatenate string properties from itesm in a collection
- How to split a string using LINQ
- How to reuse a linq expression for 'Where' when using multiple source tables
- How might I complete this example using LINQ and string parsing?
- How to search string not in char array using LinQ
- How can I write the following code more elegantly using LINQ query syntax?
- How can I code an outer join using LINQ and EF6?
- How to read a string with UTF8 coding using linq to entities
- C# .Net 3.5 Code to replace a file extension using LINQ
- How to get data in string array or JSON format using linq to entities?
- how to search string in Linq to SQL using contains
- c# Replace string in a property of a class using linq not working
- How to use LINQ to get last string in list<string> which has character 'P' in second position in string?
- Using LINQ lambda to replace characters from array in string
- How to get mismatch position using Linq or lambda operation on two string array
- How to flatten a multi level XML into a single level XML using c# code LINQ
- How to write this code using the Linq Extension Method-Syntax?
- How can I check the number of calls to the database in LINQ query when using .NET Core and Code First?
- C# - How to achieve multiple matching from a single string by using Linq and Regex?
- Dynamic Linq using Data Objects. How to convert Int32 to String for purpose of calling String.Contains()
- Find string with most frequency of a character in List of strings using LINQ C#
- How can I return a string using LINQ
- How to simplify the code Using LINQ
- How to search a list of objects for a specific string attribute using LINQ in C#
More Query from same tag
- Get index of object in a list using Linq
- How to use LINQ to group by one field, sort within that grouping, and sum values for that combination?
- How to do select multiple records based on max version using Entity Framework
- How to map complex linq to object
- Select based on child of child with condition
- Using LINQ to select highest earning employee per department
- Regarding FirstOrDefault or SingleOrDefault
- How to get all items of container in cosmos db with dotnet core
- Pivoting data from different tables
- System OutOfMemoryException when generating array of random numbers
- Comparing nullable datetime
- how to use (dynamic)null concept to this query
- Group items in a list based on two properties using LINQ
- How to use Data Binding Linq to SQL to add custom fields
- How to check the attribute value string from linq in c#
- Most popular GroupBy with Linq to Entities
- Datatable updating without using datarow loop
- Can not select information of date in query made before
- Need lambda expression OrderBy with DateTime conversion
- Building an object list with Linq to Xml
- Linq - Take x-amount of distinct items from a list
- Store and Group <Key> based on <Value> of All Dictionary Records Where <Value> Matches X
- Combining join and select statement in LINQ to SQL
- Getting all indexes of matching elements in string array
- Inconsitency error inside Entity Framework , "Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute."
- Correct Syntax for Order By with Two Variables?
- Check if two dates completely overlaps a date range
- Is there a way to get the difference between two sets of objects in c#
- How to filter data in a list using multiple conditions and LINQ?
- convert query syntax to Lambda expression