By design, the difference (in usage) is very small.
You sometimes need a full XDocument, if you want access to the processing instructions etc.
But the following is fine (for most purposes):
XElement doc = XElement.Load("file.xml");
While a similar construct with XmlElement would not work.
The difference is that an
XElement type represents an XML fragment while the
XDocument type represents an entire XML document with all associated meta-data.
- difference between XElement and XDocument
- Difference between the returned values of two selector functions in this code
- What is the difference between ((IEnumerable)source).OfType<T>() and source as IEnumerable<T>
- Difference Between Select and SelectMany
- What is the difference between IQueryable<T> and IEnumerable<T>?
- Difference between Lookup() and Dictionary(Of list())
- What's the difference between IQueryable and IEnumerable
- What is the difference between LINQ ToDictionary and ToLookup
- Linq: What is the difference between Select and Where
- What is the difference between "LINQ to Entities", "LINQ to SQL" and "LINQ to Dataset"
- Difference between Expression<Func<>> and Func<>
- C# Difference between First() and Find()
- What is difference between .edmx and .dbml file in linq?
- Difference between Select and Where in Entity Framework
- Difference between List.All() and List.TrueForAll()
- Linq: What is the difference between == and equals in a join?
- What is the difference between Contains and Any in LINQ?
- What's the difference between XElement.Load and XDocument.Load?
- Difference between expression lambda and statement lambda
- Get the difference between two lists using LINQ
- Is there a difference between Select * and Select [list each col]
- Is there a way to get the difference between two sets of objects in c#
- Linq way to get piecewise difference between element and next element in list
- What is the difference between System.Linq and System.Data.Linq?
- Difference between Query Expression and Method Expression in LINQ?
- How to get difference between two DataTables
- Difference between “Equals” and “SequenceEqual”?
- When using LINQ, what is the difference between && and multiple where clauses?
- finding difference between two dictionaries
- Linq Double contains
- Select only a single column in LINQ
- How do I iterate an IGrouping<T> Interface?
- Displaying content under an ID
- LINQ to XML - list of custom objects with attributes from parent
- Need to count duplicates using linq and bind it to chart
- Convert simple t-sql query to linq
- Dynamic Linq queries with sorting, nulls at end
- Accessing value from expression
- How to get datetime group by days via LINQ C#
- What can map database tables like LINQ to SQL did?
- DataContext invalid object
- LINQ Logic, Navigating to the ApplicationUser Identity table, roles and a business object called project
- LINQ query for getting row with max date in grouped table
- How to implement Linq on DataTable
- Code Example for Add DateTime and TimeSpan in EF query
- EF Core Group On Nav Properties
- C# CSV dynamic split
- Need message size for each child record
- Linq and ASP.NET MVC: Order data from latest to previous