i just asked and answered a similar question (you can ignore all the datatable stuff, but it might be useful in that it shows how the mapping is used):
the original post that shows how to get at the mapping between the object property positions and sql statement column positions can be found here:
note: the second link only provides a mapping of the positions (as integer values) between the object properties and the sql statement columns...you'll have to use reflection to get at the actual object property names and then do some kind of string analysis on the sql statement to get the sql statement column names (you could use regular expressions for this, but that might be overkill).
- Where does Entity Framework store the mapping between property names and the columns it selects in SQL?
- Difference between Select and Where in Entity Framework
- Difference between && and where condition in entity framework query
- LINQ to Entities does not recognize the method - Entity Framework and DDD
- What are the major differences between Data Access Application Block, NHibernate, ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ to SQL?
- Does Linq in Entity Framework code first use SQL or does it get the whole table first?
- Entity Framework and mapping relationships: What's the point?
- Entity Framework - When querying a single column, how do I tell the difference between no results and a result with a NULL value?
- Entity Framework Linq Query: How to Where on Multiple Nav Properties and Select from 3rd Nav Property
- Linq: What is the difference between Select and Where
- LINQ to Entities does not recognize the method 'System.String ToString()' method, and this method cannot be translated into a store expression
- Add the where clause dynamically in Entity Framework
- What are the Java equivalents to Linq and Entity Framework
- Why does the Entity Framework generate nested SQL queries?
- When using LINQ, what is the difference between && and multiple where clauses?
- LINQ to Entities does not recognize the method 'Int32 Int32(System.String)' method, and this method cannot be translated into a store expression
- LINQ to Entities does not recognize the method 'Int32 ToInt32(System.Object)' method, and this method cannot be translated into a store expression
- LINQ to Entities does not recognize the method 'Int32 Parse(System.String)' method, and this method cannot be translated into a store expression
- Convert string to int in an Entity Framework linq query and handling the parsing exception
- Why does the order of LET statements matter in this Entity Framework query?
- What is the difference between where and join?
- Lambda Expressions and the || operator in Entity Framework
- What's the difference between multiple where clauses and && operator in LINQ-to-SQL?
- Does Entity Framework perform lambda expressions before or after it fetches the data?
- Does the order of OrderBy, Select and Where clauses in Linq-to-entities matter
- Does the order of the include and the where matter in a LINQ query?
- LINQ to Entities does not recognize the method 'Int32 ToInt32(System.String)' method, and this method cannot be translated into a store expression
- Refactor Linq code and "LINQ to Entities does not recognize the method"
- What is the difference between ((IEnumerable)source).OfType<T>() and source as IEnumerable<T>
- LINQ 'AsEnumerable' and the Entity Framework
More Query from same tag
- LinQ query Simple Where clause and many filter criteria
- Select entries where only a Foreign Key is present for that ID
- Linq vb.net simple query returning bad results (no yielding results)
- ADO.NET Entity Framework SaveChanges() does not work
- return the length of the shortest word(s)
- What is appropriate Linq Query for my tables?
- How to make a list from multiple rows from inner join in Entity Framework Core?
- How to place list element first without losing other elements c#
- What is the fastest way to compare a value from a list to a specific sum from another list?
- Cannot use ternary operator in LINQ query
- LINQ : Checking against each other item in a list
- Any way to store a LINQ expression as a property?
- Obtain first string in an array which is not null using LINQ?
- How to filter from an "Include" table?
- How can store variable while select query in LINQ?
- Entity Framework Dynamic Query Expression being ignored
- How to xml file by excluding some nodes which follow a certain condition in linq?
- Execute stored procedure in entity framework
- Conversion from List<T> to array T
- Is there a code that allows me to get the result of the following sql query in linq?
- List of Lists contains another list in linq
- EF4 Lazy Loading - How do I force a load?
- Preserving order with LINQ
- Unable to create a constant value of type (type) Only primitive types when i try to filter by concatened strings
- Display the most recent entry of duplicates based on the Date Column of a DataTable
- Complex LINQ query to build two lists, cast each value in each list, and combine lists?
- Counting percent of rows with category out of total number of rows using Dynamic Linq
- ASP/C# from ADO to Entity Framework
- Summing in multi-level relationship
- XMLResponse element show in list