The time your statement hits the db is when
.ToList() is called. Hence what you do before that wouldn't create much difference in practice.
However from the perspective of pure mathematical performance, there should be some difference related with the translation process going behind those. Which can be understood by an experiment as @sujith karivelil suggests, or by some deep reading.
I think that using '&&' and '||' operators instead of multiple clauses essentially results in 1 enumeration over the full collection once. Multiple 'Where' clauses means you will enumerate over the full collection, then the results, which could be the full collection again.
I would suggest the use operator "&&" .. Because its filter the records at a single moment even used multiple condition. But if you use multiple where statements it definitely impact the performance because how many times you used where statement it hit the result query for filtering.
- Stacking where conditions with Lambda expressions
- two tables with multiple joining conditions in lambda expressions
- Filter with several nullable conditions an IEnumerable - List using lambda expressions
- Multiple where conditions in EF using Lambda expressions
- Using Or and Select in a Where clause to compare all entries with an int, with lambda expressions
- Build composed C# Linq Where with multiple lambda expressions
- How Build Lambda Expression Tree with multiple conditions
- lambda expression join multiple tables with select and where clause
- using Linq with multiple where conditions
- LINQ: differences between single Where with multiple conditions and consecutive Wheres with single condition
- Why C# LINQ expressions must end with Select or Group By Clause where as no such restriction in VB.Net
- Using Lambda Expressions trees with IEnumerable
- LINQ query with a WHERE clause with multiple conditions
- Linq where clause with multiple conditions and null check
- When to use lambda expressions instead of a Where clause in LINQ
- Linq where clause with multiple conditions
- Linq to Sql with lambda sum as a where condition
- Linq with where clause in many-to-many EF Code First object
- How to take elements from range with lambda expressions and linq?
- query list with linq lambda expressions
- Grouping and Sum Datatable by two fields with different Where conditions
- Query expressions over source type 'dynamic' or with a join sequence of type 'dynamic' are not allowed
- How to query by where clause with EF code first
- C# - Linq optimize code with List and Where clause
- How to use an expression with a generic func lambda in a linq where clause?
- Stubbing Code for Test With Linq Expressions and Lambdas
- Using IQueryable Where with Expressions with more than one parameter
- Loading class with lambda expressions in Compact Framework 3.5 is slow on first load
- Need help with this basic Contains<>() extension method and Lambda expressions
- List Categories and it's count of products with LinQ using Lambda or classic expressions
More Query from same tag
- converting dictionary string string to json string
- Is there anyway I could use nullable datetime property to get the year?
- Assign value to String Property based on integer Property value in Linq query
- Uncheck all CheckBoxes using Linq
- How can i group by in Linq?
- Pass dynamic data type to function
- Many-to-Many Select second order
- ASP.NET MVC + LINQ exception
- Where-clause for LINQ-to-NHibernate FetchMany?
- Is it possible to have a make a generic method which can take the place of three methods with a System.Data.Linq.Mapping.FunctionAttribute?
- No overload for method 'select' takes 2 arguments
- Expression tree works when manual input, but not coming from another class
- Linq Query and Expected Results -- Distinct Field
- How to convert the following foreach loop to linq code format?
- convert query syntax to Lambda expression
- How do i use navigation properties correctly EF?
- How to select replicated items in a list with linq?
- c# Check if all strings in list are the same
- How to filter a sublist inside parent and return parent with sublist filtered
- Cast to object from join
- Convert one list to the other list type
- Runtime error on casting Array to string Enumerator
- How can I execute this System.Linq statement faster?
- linq: how to get records update within 1 minute?
- Checking for item in Generic List before using it
- Converting custom class object into an Object
- Some misunderstanding in LINQ to entity
- Which use of Linq Any() is more efficient?
- How to speed up this Linq query
- StreamInsight 2.1 adapter to observer