in theory, no. in reality, you will need to test on a case-by-case basis, and on a provider-by-provider bases. for a related (but slightly different) example, for a good long while in l2s,
.firstordefault(predicate) (which have the same semantic) did not have the same behaviour (in particular relating to identity-map shortcuts).
i expect it will be the same, especially since
.include (expands the result set) is in a bit of a separate categry than
.where (a predicate) but: the only way to verify would be to test it and compare the generated sql and performance.
- Is there a difference in performance how a linq expression is constructed?
- Why is there a performance difference between LINQ (c#) vs Seq (f#)
- How to reuse a linq expression for 'Where' when using multiple source tables
- Is there any performance difference between different linq usage ordering?
- Is there any difference in performance between these two LINQ to SQL queries?
- Are there any performance difference between these 2 linq queries, are they identical or essentially different?
- how to translate a linq expression into sql string use c# code
- How to flatten nested objects with linq expression
- How are people unit testing code that uses Linq to SQL
- foreach + break vs linq FirstOrDefault performance difference
- How to create LINQ Expression Tree to select an anonymous type
- How does LINQ expression syntax work with Include() for eager loading
- What is the Efficiency and Performance of LINQ and Lambda Expression in .Net?
- How to retrieve last 5 records using LINQ method or query expression in C#
- Building a LINQ expression tree: how to get variable in scope
- How to wrap Entity Framework to intercept the LINQ expression just before execution?
- How do I create a Linq expression tree with an F# lambda?
- How to do Linq aggregates when there might be an empty set?
- Performance Difference between LINQ and Stored Procedures
- How to build a dynamic AND OR linq expression tree in a loop
- How do you left join in Linq if there is more than one field in the join?
- How do multi-parameter linq expression initialize their parameter?
- How to get a value out of a Span<T> with Linq expression trees?
- Is there a ODATA query to linq where expression (ODATA to Linq )
- How does a LINQ expression know that Where() comes before Select()?
- How to declare a Linq Expression variable in order to have it processed as a dbParameter
- How to use a Func in an expression with Linq to Entity Framework?
- Is there a good source that gives an overview of linq optimizations?
- How to understand the following C# linq code of implementing the algorithm to return all combinations of k elements from n
- Difference between LINQ Queries & Lambda expression
More Query from same tag
- How can i convert Char to Datetime in Linq Where clause
- c# Linq List - handle null
- An unhandled exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' occurred in mscorlib.dll in LINQ Search
- How to include Transactions from a single User
- Linq: the best overloaded match has some invalid arguments
- LINQ (C#) Sum a String in a HH:mm format
- Can i use LINQ to populate an ObservableCollection of ObservableCollection
- Sorting an ObservableCollection<object> doesn't update the UI
- linq selectmany flatten multiple levels
- Set all array values to 0 with Lambda/linq
- LINQ join using dates not working
- How to do Linq GroupJoin on self to fill children/parent properties?
- EF core 2 first query slow
- Linq-asp.net Core- Get the only one row after grouping
- How to get input value of dynamically added textboxes
- Using SQL Server Filestream in .Net core 2
- Check if two lists are equal
- LINQ - Is Where(Predicate).FirstOrDefault() the same as FirstOrDefault(Predicate)
- Linq compare by date problem
- Model item passed into the dictionary is of type 'Entity.Infrastructure.DbQuery`1[N]', but this dictionary requires a model item of type 'N'
- Order by fields in an anonymous type
- list contains an ID in linq
- Lambda Expression: How to map to a List rather than IEnumerable?
- How to seperate string by commas and colons using linq?
- How to get property name from expression
- How to use Linq's lambda expression to query both aggregate and detail values
- Excel sheets select first row with c#
- Entity Framework - Getting all duplicate Persons
- JSON.NET and arrays using LINQ
- 'System.Data.Linq.DataContext' is not defined in Web Applications (not web sites)