In theory, no. In reality, you will need to test on a case-by-case basis, and on a provider-by-provider bases. For a related (but slightly different) example, for a good long while in L2S,
.FirstOrDefault(predicate) (which have the same semantic) did not have the same behaviour (in particular relating to identity-map shortcuts).
I expect it will be the same, especially since
.Include (expands the result set) is in a bit of a separate categry than
.Where (a predicate) but: the only way to verify would be to test it and compare the generated SQL and performance.
- Is there a difference in performance how a linq expression is constructed?
- Why is there a performance difference between LINQ (c#) vs Seq (f#)
- Is there any performance difference between different linq usage ordering?
- Is there any difference in performance between these two LINQ to SQL queries?
- Are there any performance difference between these 2 linq queries, are they identical or essentially different?
- foreach + break vs linq FirstOrDefault performance difference
- What is the Efficiency and Performance of LINQ and Lambda Expression in .Net?
- Performance Difference between LINQ and Stored Procedures
- Is there a ODATA query to linq where expression (ODATA to Linq )
- Is there a good source that gives an overview of linq optimizations?
- Difference between LINQ Queries & Lambda expression
- Is there any way to create a LINQ query as a variable without having the data source (yet)?
- LINQ - using a query expression to calculate data time difference
- How to reuse a linq expression for 'Where' when using multiple source tables
- C# linq order by and other statements with foreach, is there a performance difference?
- Is there any performance difference between myCollection.Where(...).FirstOrDefault() and myCollection.FirstOrDefault(...)
- LINQ Source Code Available
- Is there a way to compare multiple values in a linq expression to a generic list?
- Is there a more succinct Linq expression for inserting a constant between every item in a list?
- Is there a performance difference between these two algorithms for shuffling an IEnumerable?
- Is there a java lambda expression equivalent of the C# linq let?
- Is there a bug in this code from 101 LINQ Samples on MSDN? (Update: Fixed)
- Is there a difference between select new T() and select new T in LINQ
- Performance difference / improvement with custom Linq extensions
- Is there any real difference between "and" and "wheres" in linq
- creating Linq to sqlite dbml from DbLinq source code
- Linq to Sql: Optimizing lamba expression - clean code
- Performance difference between `is` and `as` in LINQ
- Is there a difference between putting conditionals inside or outside a LINQ query?
- Is there any difference between sql linq
- C# Linq add elements from one list<custom> to another comparing them and changing values
- LINQ Query: Determining if object in one list exists in another based on key
- Help me convert this SQL query to LINQ
- Using Group in LINQ Query
- My LINQ query is not ordering my dictionary
- How to check in linq if the list is null?
- List with dates, addHours to list linq
- How can I solve LINQ to Entities does not recognize the method 'System.String ToString()' method?
- LEFT LINQ TO SQL C# JOIN on many to many table
- LINQ to Sql Left Outer Join with Group By and Having Clause
- How to group by last week in linq
- Entity Framework - SkipWhile
- Getting distinct values from a list of objects with objects
- LINQ query to ado.data entity model selecting more than one column in c#
- "cannot implicitly convert .." when using LINQ Where
- Linq FirstOrDefault - one liner
- How to convert Dictionary to List with mixing of values and keys?
- Best approach for many-to-many relationship in Entity Framework code-first
- Using LINQ with classes implementing non-generic ICollection
- Is there a "not equal" in a linq join?