This is not the result that I am seeing.
Here's a query:
declare @pol1 Geography, @pol2 Geography set @pol1 = Geography::STPolyFromText('POLYGON ((-2.91790532309701 53.3657440952224, -2.91790532309701 53.3567508791632, -2.90283703655041 53.3567508791632, -2.9028338560513 53.3657440952224, -2.91790532309701 53.3657440952224))', 4326); set @pol2 = Geography::STPolyFromText('POLYGON ((-2.90283703655041 53.3657440952224, -2.90283703655041 53.3567508791632, -2.88776875000381 53.3567508791632, -2.88776556950469 53.3657440952224, -2.90283703655041 53.3657440952224))', 4326); select @pol1.STUnion(@pol2)
Here's the result:
If you add the @pol3 from your question, you might see a seam form. Try running the query with Geometry instead of Geography, and the seam will disappear. I suspect that's the buldge of the earth pushing it out, so you might need more points to 'stitch it together' if using Geography.
(I'm actually trying to get it not to join, as described here.)
- combine several DbGeography polygons
- Combine several similar SELECT-expressions into a single expression
- EF Combine several tables into one IQueryable
- How can I combine several Expressions into a fast method?
- LINQ Source Code Available
- How can I combine this code into one or two LINQ queries?
- .NET 4 Code Contracts: "requires unproven: source != null"
- Combine several DataTables DataRows
- How can I combine IObservable<T>.Throttle() with some other event source using Reactive Extensions?
- creating Linq to sqlite dbml from DbLinq source code
- LINQ code to combine two database tables?
- how to combine two data source into one?
- Using only Linq or Lambda, how do I combine both pieces of code to return List<Entity> e?
- source code for LINQ 101 samples
- List or Array of String Contain specific word in Html Source Code
- c# Linq or code to extract groups from a single list of source data
- Combine several Lists into one, GroupBy certain column, convert each Grouped result into HTML table
- Convert string to int in one line of code using LINQ
- Code equivalent to the 'let' keyword in chained LINQ extension method calls
- Value cannot be null. Parameter name: source
- Elegant way to combine multiple collections of elements?
- Linq code to select one item
- C# - code to order by a property using the property name as a string
- How do I find the text within a div in the source of a web page using C#
- Roslyn failed to compile code
- Entity-framework code is slow when using Include() many times
- The data source does not support server-side data paging
- How are people unit testing code that uses Linq to SQL
- Entity Framework, Code First and Full Text Search
- What does this C# code with an "arrow" mean and how is it called?
- Entity Framework: object returns with an empty list at first, but then suddenly the list is populated correctly
- Convert a list of objects to an array of one of the object's properties
- How to define my own LINQ construct in C#?
- Optimizing list performance in C#
- How to query a RavenDb document based on the existence of a property
- Linq - Replace string within a List(of String)
- Translate/Convert SQL to Entity Framework/LINQ
- Flatten nested Dictionary<string, object>
- No results in LINQ to XML
- Extract filtered list from large list
- How to convert an Int to a String inside a LINQ query
- Linq query to remove all data containing a specific matching number
- Getting ToString method of an enum
- Entity Framework: Update inside LINQ query
- LINQ to SQL and Concurrency Issues
- Dictionary Values to List from HashSet of Keys
- How can I use LINQ to retrieve entries that contain a specific property of a list within a list?
- How to include associated entities with Entity Framework?
- Remove duplicate objects from a list using LINQ in c#
- Building LINQ query to get List of Dictionaries from Dictionary of string/HashSet of Dictionary of String/String?