This is not the result that I am seeing.
Here's a query:
declare @pol1 Geography, @pol2 Geography set @pol1 = Geography::STPolyFromText('POLYGON ((-2.91790532309701 53.3657440952224, -2.91790532309701 53.3567508791632, -2.90283703655041 53.3567508791632, -2.9028338560513 53.3657440952224, -2.91790532309701 53.3657440952224))', 4326); set @pol2 = Geography::STPolyFromText('POLYGON ((-2.90283703655041 53.3657440952224, -2.90283703655041 53.3567508791632, -2.88776875000381 53.3567508791632, -2.88776556950469 53.3657440952224, -2.90283703655041 53.3657440952224))', 4326); select @pol1.STUnion(@pol2)
Here's the result:
If you add the @pol3 from your question, you might see a seam form. Try running the query with Geometry instead of Geography, and the seam will disappear. I suspect that's the buldge of the earth pushing it out, so you might need more points to 'stitch it together' if using Geography.
(I'm actually trying to get it not to join, as described here.)
- combine several DbGeography polygons
- Combine several similar SELECT-expressions into a single expression
- EF Combine several tables into one IQueryable
- How can I combine several Expressions into a fast method?
- LINQ Source Code Available
- How can I combine this code into one or two LINQ queries?
- .NET 4 Code Contracts: "requires unproven: source != null"
- Combine several DataTables DataRows
- How can I combine IObservable<T>.Throttle() with some other event source using Reactive Extensions?
- creating Linq to sqlite dbml from DbLinq source code
- LINQ code to combine two database tables?
- how to combine two data source into one?
- Using only Linq or Lambda, how do I combine both pieces of code to return List<Entity> e?
- source code for LINQ 101 samples
- List or Array of String Contain specific word in Html Source Code
- c# Linq or code to extract groups from a single list of source data
- Combine several Lists into one, GroupBy certain column, convert each Grouped result into HTML table
- Convert string to int in one line of code using LINQ
- Code equivalent to the 'let' keyword in chained LINQ extension method calls
- Value cannot be null. Parameter name: source
- Elegant way to combine multiple collections of elements?
- Linq code to select one item
- C# - code to order by a property using the property name as a string
- How do I find the text within a div in the source of a web page using C#
- Roslyn failed to compile code
- Entity-framework code is slow when using Include() many times
- The data source does not support server-side data paging
- How are people unit testing code that uses Linq to SQL
- Entity Framework, Code First and Full Text Search
- What does this C# code with an "arrow" mean and how is it called?
More Query from same tag
- how can I use linq to return another list
- Linq query syntax equivalent group by id having sum(amount) > x amount
- More elegant way to deserialize Json with LINQ?
- Why am I not getting results when performing an intersection?
- The entity or complex type cannot be constructed in a LINQ to Entities query - using lambda expression
- Linq - Using a query as function in a select
- Group Duplicate Items with Linq while adding totals
- "Where" clause after "ProjectTo" and Nullable types?
- LINQ to XML query does not read my XML file
- Comparing times with LINQ to sql dynamically
- Find a particular item in an object tree using LINQ
- Importing additional column into sql DB, via c# or sql or?
- Cartesian products with n number of list
- How to manage multiple tables with the same structure
- Populate subelements of a set of lists
- When parse xml via c# get "\ / " or so on
- Error when defining a query param type List<int> inline using Linq
- Empty result set when Joining two table with Non-match Foreign key
- Unique from list or null in Linq?
- order list where top level order is unknown
- Group by with Linq Dynamic
- IQueryable WHERE inside a for loop does not produce expected result
- Does a Linq expression treat a group specially when iterating it with the 'from' clause?
- What is linq for my query?
- Sort linq query result, when it has "First() and into Group"
- checking if all the items in list occur in another list using linq
- Error 2 '' does not contain a constructor that takes 1 arguments, (Topic: Typed Context in Linq to SQL )
- Filter list with Linq
- NHibernate LINQ projection using helper class
- Hashing an expression tree