as you already stated in your question, the skip method is not implemented in windows azure table storage. this means you have 2 options left:
download all data from table storage (by using tolist, see abatishchev's answer) and execute the skip and take methods on this complete list. in your question you're talking about 500 records. if the number of records doesn't grow too much this solution should be ok for you, just make sure that all records have the same partition key.
if the data grows you can still use this approach, but i suggest you evaluate a caching solution to store all the records instead of loading them from table storage over and over again (this will improve the performance, but don't expect this to work with very large amounts of data). caching is possible in windows azure using:
the cloudtablequery class allows you to query for data, but more important to receive a continuation token to build a paging implementation. this allows you to detect if you can query for more data, the pagination example on scott's blogpost (see nemensv's comment) uses this.
for more information on continuation tokens i suggest you take a look at jim's blogpost: azure@home part 7: asynchronous table storage pagination. by using continuation tokens you only download the data for the current page meaning it will also work correctly even if you have millions of records. but you have to know the downside of using continuation tokens:
- this won't work with the skip method out of the box, so it might not be a solution for you.
- no page 'numbers', because you only know if there's more data (not how much)
- no way to count all records
try something like this:
this should return records 201-300:
if paging is not supported by the underlying engine, the only way to implement it is to load all the data into memory and then perform paging:
var list = cityservice.get("0001i").tolist(); // meterialize var result = list.skip(x).take(y);
- Can I use LINQ to skip a collection and just return 100 records?
- Can I use a collection initializer with LINQ to return a fully populated collection?
- Can I use LINQ to get more than 100 records back from a Quickbooks Online ServiceContext?
- How can I use LINQ to filter and sort rows from one collection to another?
- How can I use LINQ to just return one row from a selection?
- How can I add and remove records from a collection with LINQ
- How to execute a linq query for each item in a list , use it in the where clause and return a collection from the result of each query?
- How can I filter a dictionary using LINQ and return it to a dictionary from the same type
- Can you use LINQ types and extension methods in IronPython?
- Can LINQ use binary search when the collection is ordered?
- How can I iterate over a collection and change values with LINQ extension methods?
- How can I use LINQ to project this parent and children object model into a flat, single object?
- How can I use linq to return integers in one array that do not match up with an integer property of another array?
- Is it bad practice to use LINQ to loop over and perform actions rather than just select data?
- How can I switch that code to use LINQ
- How can I compare two sets of data in linq and return the common data?
- How can I code an outer join using LINQ and EF6?
- How can I use LINQ to populate a collection inside a class?
- What Linq query can I use to return a count of all products by Category?
- How can I use LINQ to return a list of Countries but place a particular country aribitrarly at the top?
- Can LINQ construct and return a multidimensional array
- How can I use LINQ to Entities (with a transform) to return a nested dataset?
- How can I use Linq to join between objects and entities?
- how to use group by in linq C# and fetch the list of records
- How can I use LINQ and C# to find the oldest date from 3 different files?
- How can I get the top three players and their high scores from a collection using linq and lambdas
- How can you use LINQ to cast from a collection of base class objects to a filtered list of their respective subclasses?
- How can I use linq to go from an array of indices to a collection of objects?
- How can I use LINQ to return only rows where the first character of a column is within a range?
- Can we use Linq for geting value from collection object in java?
More Query from same tag
- What is the alternate way of using LINQ ForEach loop?
- How to get a Linq query to order results based on the order of arguments in a method signature
- Sitecore Lucene index search term with space match same word without space
- foreach or switch messing up linq query?
- How to combine two expressions: result = exp1(exp2);
- Linq Queries abstraction with expressions, which way is better?
- Generic type class for EF Core join results
- LINQ All and Any complex object
- How can I simplify this LINQ code
- Will eager loading a Linq to Entity query before rendering my view slow things down?
- Is this possible to change or set the Padding Color of a Windows Form?
- What is the difference between the following queries? One is straight up SQL and the other is its equivalent in LINQ
- EntityFramework Generic Repository, multiple include?
- How to use linq to find the minimum
- How to call a local method from the linq query
- Get indexes of all matching values from list using Linq
- Explanation of this LINQ expression
- Lambda Expression for dynamic Object
- How could I modify a LinQ query on the fly?
- Convert SQL update query to c# LINQ code
- linq update issue
- max and group by question with LINQ
- Issue with filtering DataTable using LINQ
- C# Linq Select Rows Where ID Equals ID in CSV
- c# Turning a linq database record into a class instance
- Unable to create a constant value of type error with recursive func
- SQL to LINQ conversion problems
- Determine if there are n instances of any value in a collection
- how to convert ListItemCollection (dropdownlist.items) to a dictionary<string,string>?
- C# retrieve where clause on linq