In this post, we are going to learn how to send a file through the HTTP client in asp .net c#. The idea is that you can send a file. As we know the HTTP client will work for whatever kind of file.
For example, you can send an Xls, a PDF, a word document, or whatever you want to send through the HTTP client class to a web API. So let me show you first what I have in my Asp core REST web API to receive the file before we code up the solution to send the file through the HTTP client.
In this post, we will cover the following points
- How to post file and data to api using httpclient c#
- HttpClient multipart/form-data upload
- How to send a file and form data with HttpClient in C#
- Upload Files with HttpClient to ASP.NET WebApi or Asp Core
- Multipart form-data in HttpClient Post REST API
So here we have a file rest Web API endpoint, which is an API that I designed specifically for this example. Here I have a post endpoint and as you can see, it accepts UserProfileModel model class as a parameter, and UserProfileModel has properties UserId, Name, Address, Description, and Image which is a representation of a file. And the name of this parameter is file.
And also we are using FromForm because in order to receive files I need to use FromForm I cannot use Frombody.
Now here what I’m doing is that I am using this service, which allows me to save the file into the webserver specifically in the www root directory.
REST API upload file example C#
HTML for updating the user profile
Now let’s go to our Html page, which is our web application, and from here that we want to send a file with user data information.
Send a image file and form data with HttpClient
and Onclick submit button we are calling this action method. using below code you can Post file as well as some parameter to web api.
I hope it clarifies your concern if you have any doubt please comment.
Because this file that we have here must match this file that we have here. It is the name of the parameter now. Com. And here we want to put the file name. Now I will say wait step client do post sync and I want to pass URL CMA request content and that’s actually
With this, we’re good to go. Let me first make sure that in www. Root, there is nothing right. So now let me press control five to run our application, both the console application and also the API. As you can see the end, means that we finish.
So let’s go back here and let’s see what we have. Let’s go to the Solution Explorer. In the www. Directory, we have a file folder. And in here we have these text file that has a Git as its name.
That is because I don’t like to leave the same name on the file because, in the future, we could have collisions in the name of the file. But if I double click here, you are going to see that we have this is an example which is the same content that our example TXT file has. Therefore, as you can see, we were able to send a file from a client to our API by using the HTTP client class.
The post How To Post File and Data to API using HttpClient C# appeared first on Software Development | Programming Tutorials.
Read More Articles
- Write a value which contain comma to a CSV file in c#?
- Reading CSV File with cells containing commas c#
- Split CSV with columns may contain ‘,’ Comma C#
- [Simple Way]-Cascading DropDownList in Asp.Net Mvc Using Jquery Ajax
- [Simple Way]-How to get data from database using JQuery Ajax in asp net MVC
- [Simple Way]-ASP.NET Core Upload Multiple File Web API model
- [Simple Way]- Image Upload in .NET Core Web API
- [Easy Way]-Receive File and other form data together in ASP.NET Core Web API
- Replace image in word document using C#
- How to add new rows to an existing word document table in C#
- Simple Way Find and replace text in Word document using C#
- Implementing “Remember Me” Feature in ASP.NET MVC
- [Solved]-Cookie loses value when page is changed in MVC
- How to post File Upload and other form fields to one action Asp .Net MVC C#
- How To Post File and Data to API using HttpClient C#
- Create ASP.NET Core Web API Without Entity Framework
- .NET Core Web API Using Code First Entity Framework Approach
- Create Asp.Net Core Web Api Using Entity Framework Database First
- Registration form with image upload in MVC using jquery Ajax
- How to make an Inline editable table in MVC using jquery?
- CRUD operation using partial view in MVC with modal popup
- Insert Update Delete Using Jquery Ajax and Modal Popup in Mvc
- Crud Operations in MVC Without Entity Framework
- Create Login,Signout and Registration in Asp .Net Mvc Using Entity
- Export Gridview to Excel and Csv in Asp .Net With Formatting Using c#
- How to Display Binary Image in Gridview from Database in Asp .Net c#
- [Solved]-How to Upload pdf file using jquery MVC?
- [Solved]-Uploading both data and files in FormData using Ajax MVC
- C# -Saving a base64 string as an image into a folder on server in Web Api
- [Solved]-Download pdf file from link and save in local file folder in Asp .Net
- [Solved]-Delete Files older than X Months,Days,Minute in a Directory- C# .NET
- [Solved]-LEFT OUTER JOIN in LINQ With Where clause in C#
- INNER JOIN,RIGHT JOIN,LEFT JOIN USING LINQ IN Multiple Table C#
- [Solved]-Convert Base64 To Image And Save in folder and Display it- C#
- [Solved]-How to Overlay Two Images in .NET-C#
- How to Create Multilingual Website in Asp .Net
- C# – How to add double quotes to a string that is inside a variable
- Update an Image with Upload Button For Each Row in Gridview-Asp .Net
- How to Bind Data in DataList Control in Asp.Net – C#
- Upload and Display an Image in Gridview From Image Path in Database -C#