Refrigerator(fridge) power consumption depends on lots of things, such as how much its star ratings are 5 stars, 4 stars or 2-star rating, What is the size of Fridge? 250 ltr or 165 ltr etc.
A Refrigerator will use from 100 to 450 watts depending on the size of the Refrigerator, a large Refrigerator will use about 200 watts or 1700 kWh yearly.
How much electricity does a fridge use?
Using the power monitor device, I have performed the same test on my refrigerator(250 ltr) at my home,and I found that it consumes 1.2 kWh per day.
Let’s taken an Example
If your refrigerator operate 24 h a day.Let’s assume your refrigerator used 400 watts of electricity.
find out energy consumption(Watts Per Day)
400 watts X 24 hours = 9,600 watt-hours per day
Convert watts to kilowatt hours (because electricity is measure in kWh on your electricity bill)
9,600 watt-hours per day / 1000 = 9.6 kWh per day
Let’s find out the how much electricity used Over a Month Period
9.6 kWh per day X 30 days = 288 kWh per month
Now Find Out the Cost
288 kWh per month x $0.20 per kWh = $57.6 per month
How many watts does a refrigerator use per day? or average refrigerator wattage?
The power consumption of refrigerator is around between 100 and 600 watts but energy usage of refrigerator depends on various factor like Size of the(i.e 250 ltr,185 ltr), technology used by the manufacturer,environmental factors, Location of the fridge(poor ventilation area take consume more energy),Usage(if the fridge door open very frequently then compressor need to do extra work so that it will consume more energy), Temperature of the fridge etc.
you can also find the wattage of your fridge in device manual given by the manufacturer.
How many kWh does a refrigerator use?
The refrigerator is a very important household device that operates 24 hours,
and it consumes .5 kWh to 2.5 kWh.
Using Electricity Usage Monitor device we measure the power consumption of our refrigerator in our office. We notice that it consume .753 kWh in 1
How much electricity does an old fridge use?
old fridge consumes more power as compared to the new model fridge.
Average power consumption of the refrigerators between 300 to 800 watts. Let’s take an example and say you old fridge model uses 500 watts
500 watts X 24 hours = 1,2000 watt-hours per day
1,2000 watt-hours per day / 1000 = 12 kWh per day
12 kWh per day X 30 days = 360 kWh per month
360 kWh per month x 0.10 per kWh = $ 36 per month
How much does cost to run a fridge?
|Capacity of the Fridge||Avg.Wattage of the fridge||consumption (kWh)/year||Electricity cost/year|
*this chart is based on @.10 cent per unit cost(per kWh) and you can find exact wattage of fridge on device manual.
Tips to reduce your refrigerator’s power consumption
According to the Energy Guide, with the temperature increase of every 5-6 degree centigrade, the energy consumption of a refrigerator increases by 40%, this increase can greatly affect the bill. Keeping the refrigerator in the right place is very important.
Contributions of Fridges is about 12-15% in the electricity bill, using them efficiently, we can reduce the bill significantly. buying a BE5-star rated refrigerator can be an efficient start, but with that, many operations procedures should also be taken care of:
1. Do not fill the refrigerator completely as it stops the flow of cold air, which reduces its efficiency.
The adequate place will increase the refrigeration cooling efficiency.
2. Make sure to cool the food at room temperature before putting in the fridge
3. Do not open the refrigerator door unnecessarily because some heat enters which reduces the capacity of the fridge. Before opening the door, decide what you want to do.
4. Set the temperature to moderate cooling for optimum cooling and low power bills.
Higher cooling mode consumes more power(up to 25%).
5. Always cover the fluid in the fridge as the moisture emitted from the fluid can affect the condenser’s performance.
6. Do not allow ice to accumulate in your fridge due to ice accumulation unwanted insulation occurs which reduces the efficiency of the condenser. Regularly defrost the fridge to maintain the efficiency of the fridge.
7. Keep cleaning the fridge regularly, so that dust cannot be stored on the fridge coils and the grill that consumes the air.Due to dust accumulation, the motor may have to work more, which consumes a lot of electricity.
- Refrigerators are common household appliances in our home.which we are use to protect food items for longer periods of time and to cool down water for ice, etc.
- The refrigerator is used everywhere i.e in normal home,shop or in a large mall. Where we have to cool down any type of food or run longer, the fridge is used.
- In homes, refrigerators are used to preserve foods and to cool food and beverages, etc.It is used in hospitals to keep pharmaceuticals at a balanced temperature.
- Some medications work well at a balanced temperature, so they need a controlled temperature. It is very important to use the refrigerator to keep these drugs functioning properly.
- It is used in the laboratory for chemical reaction, there are some chemicals that depend on the temperature, that’s why it can be saved by putting those chemicals at a temperature of the body.In addition, the refrigerator is used in large companies where huge amounts of food are stored or made to a product and store it.
A normal refrigerator consists of two to three different parts.
In which the top part is used for ice,The middle part is used to cool down beverages such as water milk cold drink etc.and the bottom part we use to keep vegetables. The refrigeration cycle is used to reduce the temperature in the refrigerator and to control it at a balanced temperature.
Refrigerators are a variety of types that are used in different places. We have a normal refrigerator in our house,but there are different types of refrigerator in a store or in a factory.
Please do not keep warm food – we heat all the food, and eat only a bit of it. The worst thing about it is that you take a little bit of food and keep the rest of the hot food in the fridge again. This puts pressure on compressor of the fridge and bacteria also flourish.
Please Cover the food – Whenever you open the refrigerator, every time a new smell comes out of it. This means that you do not properly store food in the fridge.food should be kept so that his smell does not come out.
Please Keep doors closed properly – many people forget to close after opening the refrigerator, which is a big mistake. When the fridge is open, it takes more time to refrigerate the compressor of the fridge. This can also spoil the food kept in the fridge.
- household devices energy consumption
- electricity bill calculator of household
- tv/lcd/led power consumption
- ceiling fan power consumption
- washing machine power consumption
- electric iron power consumption
- clothes dryer power consumption
- crt monitor electricity consumption
- xbox power consumption
- electric kettle power consumption
- dishwasher power consumption
- microwave oven power consumption
- air conditioner power consumption
- water heater power consumption
- space heater power consumption