An electric kettle use between 2000 and 2500 watts of power, with an average electric kettle using 2000 watts but it depends on the size of the electric kettle(range from 1.5L to 1.8L).
An electric kettle is a household appliance used to boiling water or milk or egg in a short time interval. Old Electric kettles take too much time and power for the boiling the water but modern electric kettle delivers instant results.
Select Country: Please choose the Country from the list. If your country is not listed then you can choose another country option from the list.
Power Use: Enter average energy consumption by your electric kettle.
Hours Used Per Day: Please enter how many hours the electric kettle is used per day, if the energy consumption is smaller than 1 hour per day then please enter as a decimal(For example-15 minute per day is 0.25)
Cost (kWh): Please Enter the Approx price you are paying per kilowatt-hour(kWh).You can find the exact cost of your electricity bill.
How much electricity does electric kettle consume?
Electric kettle use between 2000 and 2500 watts of power, with an average electric kettle using 2000 watts.
To Find out the electricity cost of an electric kettle, We must know, time period taken by electric kettle to boil water and power.
Let assume that your electric kettle operates 1 hour a day, Let’s take an example and say your model uses 1600 watts.
1600 watts X 1 hours = 1,600 watt-hours per day
How many kilowatts does an electric kettle use?
1,600 watt-hours per day / 1000 = 1.6 kWh per day
How much does it cost to run an electric kettle every day?
1.6 kWh per month x 0.10 per kWh = $ .16 per day
How much does it cost to run an electric kettle?
1.6 kWh per day X 30 days = 48 kWh per month
48 kWh per month x 0.10 per kWh = $ 4.8 per month
@asumming per unit cost 10 cents
5 facts you need to know about electric kettles
Fact-1: The first electric kettle was invented in 1891 it was unsurprisingly by a British company early models had a serious design flaw.The heating element was separate from the water so it took a long time for them to reach a boil that changed in 1922 when Arthur Leslie large developed a design that made the electric kettle faster and more energy-efficient.
Fact-2: Electric kettles are more convenient than stovetop kettles they can be used anywhere with an electrical outlet.
So there are popular Appliances in dorm rooms offices and other locations that tend to lack kitchens they also boil water faster than stovetop models not to mention the fact that they use less energy which makes them better for the environment.
There are plenty of useful features available some models have a keep warm button this allows you to keep your water at a preset temperature for up to a couple of hours.
It can save you time but it does use a fair amount of electricity many kettles have an internal filter it catches the flakes of minerals that will build up over time if you use tap water.
Different tea steep best at different temperatures so if you enjoy both black and green tea consider a variable temperature Kettle.
This will allow you to select a specific temperature so that you can make the perfect cup every time but if you’re looking for Simplicity and a non-variable temperature model might be the choice for you. they operate on a simple on and off switch.
Safety is key any appliance that gets hot can be a potential fire hazard or can give you a nasty burn.
Luckily there are many precautions in place to keep you from getting hurt almost all electric kettles automatically turn off when the water reaches a boil.they have concealed heating elements to so you’ll never come in contact with the hottest part of the device.
Best Uses Electric kettle
- Put 4 eggs and one and a half cups of water in the kettle and keep it for 13 minutes. Then switch off the switch.try electric kettle, Rice will be ready in 20 minutes.
- Making oats-meal in electric kettle is very easy. First, put oats in a bowl and boil it for 2 to 3 minutes by adding 1 cup water to the kettle. Put this hot water in a bowl and mix oats with a spoon.Healthy oats-meal is ready.
- You can also make Maggie and noodles in the electric kettle.
- You can also make tea in this kettle. The only thing to do is to heat the water according to the need.Once the water is heated, take it out of the cup, mix the milk powder, sugar and sip tea with the tea bag dip.
- household devices energy consumption
- electricity bill calculator of household
- tv/lcd/led power consumption
- ceiling fan power consumption
- washing machine power consumption
- electric iron power consumption
- clothes dryer power consumption
- crt monitor electricity consumption
- xbox power consumption
- electric kettle power consumption
- dishwasher power consumption
- microwave oven power consumption
- air conditioner power consumption
- water heater power consumption
- space heater power consumption